PDA

View Full Version : thru transom Perko flush kit

oshkarmeyer
08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Has anyone installed one of these through their transom? I know a friend's Malibu came from factory with it and it looks to be the absolute most efficient method of hooking a hose up....and looks clean too.

If you have done it, please show pics of how you did it. It looks like you wouldn't need much more than a T fitting installed in the intake hose right before the tranny cooler, hose run from the T to the transom, and maybe a 90 fitting right on the inside of transom so your hose doesn't get kinked against rear storage wall.

BriEOD
08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes, I've done it. I purchased a Perko flush kit and installed it. Then, I bought and installed the thru-transom fitting on the back of the boat. While I don't have any photos readily available, I used a paddle bit to drill the hull for the thru-hull fitting and drilled pilot holes for the screws. Then I used a piece of garden hose (4-6 foot length) and attached it to the thru-hull fitting and zip tied it to the exhaust hose all the way up until I could attach the other end to the Perko flush kit. I did this several years ago and it works like a charm.

BriEOD
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
You can see the thru-hull fitting.

oshkarmeyer
08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Man that looks great. It's quickly moving up to the top of my to-do list.