PDA

View Full Version : Trailer buddy by UFP gold series HELP

Kdmann64
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
This trailer is a boat mate and was originally for a MOomba. It has trailer buddy axles by UFP gold series, which is an oil bath design. I got home yesterday and found oil all around the tire and undr the fender well. The whole back of e wheel is covered in oil. I guess there is a rear seal or something. What do I do. I tried to take the cover off and I broke the clear window where you could see the oil.m so now I need seals, a new front and possible bearings. Any advice on what to Do? Where to get parts? Part number? And procedure? Thanks

Legolamb
08-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Two places that carry UFP stuff are:
Pacifictrailers.com
Waymires.net

Have ordered from both, and they are good. If you don't see what you need on their website, you can call and they will help you out.
Good luck.

bturner2
08-13-2012, 07:10 AM
X2 on the above recommendation for source of parts.

It sounds like you may not know exactly what you have mechanically so you may want to start here and down load the PDF files to get a break down of the parts and how they fit together. You'll find a full PDF of the gold series hubs here....

http://www.ufpnet.com/Axles/tabid/55/Default.aspx

I've found it easier to fix something if I know how everything goes together before I start.

fstaslp
08-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Waymires is here In indy, and I have used them for Will Call before. They are great to work with.