PDA

View Full Version : New Improved Power Tower

Huskie05
08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Just got the recall completed on the Power Tower, hydraulics now. Taking her out this afternoon. The tower looks awesome, anti sway bars put on as well. As usual, Utah Water Sports hits it out of the park.

DeeeJay02
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Just got the recall completed on the Power Tower, hydraulics now. Taking her out this afternoon. The tower looks awesome, anti sway bars put on as well. As usual, Utah Water Sports hits it out of the park.

Pics? I'm waiting to get mine done.....let me know if it still shakes, how smooth is the movement? Where did they put the pump?

rgardjr1
08-11-2012, 07:35 PM
As usual, Utah Water Sports hits it out of the park.

Good to hear you've got a excellent dealership supporting you. It's become pretty obvious over the last couple of years around here is the only way I'd buy a new boat is if I felt that way about my local dealer. Jury is still out for me on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZX45OD
08-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Let me know how your tower does today. Mine had the new supports and hydraulics installed 2 months ago, but the tower won't stay up-it is losing pressure. Supposedly there was a re-design on the pump and mine goes in Monday to have the new pump put in. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Huskie05
08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Ok gang, had a little slice of everything today, good water, bad water, tower was AWESOME. Did not sway at all, in fact even in heavy chop the wakeboards barely moved, no tower swaying at all, none. The tower went up and down quickly. Two things I like about the new hydraulic upgrade is that when you put the tower in the very up position, it locks into place, no way for the tower to sag or creep down. We had zero issues today, very pleased with how MC stepped up and made a great on their promise, and the performance of the tower.

For those of you getting the recall. MC put the fluid near the cooler, but out of the way. Ask to make sure they are putting the auto-lock function, no way for the tower to sag. I have tried a 1000 times to post pics. Send me a message with your email and I will send you photos.

TheWoons
08-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Glad to hear the updates worked great for you! We have had zero issues with ours but will do the updates soon.

Cmpdman
08-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Glad to hear its working for you. I just sent a pm with my email. Ut water sports rocks!

thatsmrmastercraft
08-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Ok gang, had a little slice of everything today, good water, bad water, tower was AWESOME. Did not sway at all, in fact even in heavy chop the wakeboards barely moved, no tower swaying at all, none. The tower went up and down quickly. Two things I like about the new hydraulic upgrade is that when you put the tower in the very up position, it locks into place, no way for the tower to sag or creep down. We had zero issues today, very pleased with how MC stepped up and made a great on their promise, and the performance of the tower.

For those of you getting the recall. MC put the fluid near the cooler, but out of the way. Ask to make sure they are putting the auto-lock function, no way for the tower to sag. I have tried a 1000 times to post pics. Send me a message with your email and I will send you photos.

Try this method. It works for me.

Cmpdman
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
How did the tower braces work with your Bimini ? Did you have to make adjustments ?

AZX45OD
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
That is great to hear your report. I hope to be able to post the same great news this week for my boat. AWS here in AZ and MC are doing a lot to get mine fixed and compensate for my down time this summer due to tower issues. I appreciate their effort and look forward to the new fix.

surfacetension
08-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Still can't believe they came out with a new tower that shakes and needs braces just like the one from 2007, Time to sit down and have a talk with the design boys at Master Craft

bjames
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
MC posted the 2013 MC Manual on line. If you go to the power tower section, it tells you that the hydraulic tower now locks in either the fully up or fully down position, hence why they say you can only trailer in one of these positions. It also says that the tower can be set at any height now instead of the preset hights.

AZX45OD
08-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Well I just finished spending 2 days at the lake with my upgraded power tower with the new hydraulics and braces. There is much less sway now laterally in the tower, and the hydraulic operation was smooth and quiet. Once the tower was up, it stayed there with no creeping back down. Pretty nice upgrade, i highly recommend it.