PDA

View Full Version : Gas gauge sender

sheckski
08-11-2012, 08:23 AM
My gauge is not reporting until 2/3 empty. Which of the two screws on the sender do I adjust, how much and which direction? Boat is a 2000 205v.
Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mtajpa
08-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Best way is to remove the sender and place in a jar of gas deep enough to immerse the sender in it with about an inch or so from the top. Adjust the full adjustment until the guage reads full. Then lift the sender up out of the jar until you have about an inch or so of fuel from the bottom of the sender. Then adjust the empty adjustment. Repeat the full adjustment and empty adjustment until you get it were the guage reads correctly without any further adjustment.

You can also fill the tank full adjust the full adjustment then empty the tank and adjust the empty.

My guess is you need a new sender though. This thread may also help.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48823&highlight=sender

REMEMBER THOUGH YOU ARE PLAYING WITH GAS IT IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Bert
08-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Order a new one from your dealer. They are made by centroid and use capacitance rather than a float.

Simply hook it up, imerse it in gas to calibrate full and you are good to go. I just did this this morning. I called my dealer " Tournament Boats"..... first time I have needed a part since I bought the boat in 91 and they shipped a sensor to me. While waiting for it I took the old one apart...sanded the float to get it moving and glued the magnets back in. The new one arrived and I didn't even try the old one.

Redstorm
09-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Order a new one from your dealer. They are made by centroid and use capacitance rather than a float.

Simply hook it up, imerse it in gas to calibrate full and you are good to go. I just did this this morning. I called my dealer " Tournament Boats"..... first time I have needed a part since I bought the boat in 91 and they shipped a sensor to me. While waiting for it I took the old one apart...sanded the float to get it moving and glued the magnets back in. The new one arrived and I didn't even try the old one.

I have an 01 205v with the same problem. I understand this is very common and seen several threads on this. What was your cost for the new one?

Bert
09-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I have an 01 205v with the same problem. I understand this is very common and seen several threads on this. What was your cost for the new one?
95 bucks I think