PDA

View Full Version : Surfing an 07 X1

LouisvilleFan
08-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I have all factory ballast. I have not been able to let go of the rope. I don't think I'm making a big enough wave yet.

So, all you X1 Surfer dudes please let me know your setups.

thanks!

tr6coug
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
We learned to surf behind that hull in an '03 X2. Even with that wake though you should be able to get slack rope. Try putting more weight on your front foot and moving your toes closer to the inside of the board and your foot forward a few inches.

I suggest that you put ~150lb in the port side of the bow, and and extra ~150 lbs in the port side rear locker. For extra ballast we use portable 7.5 gal water tanks. Have the passengers sit on the port side also.

BrooksfamX2
08-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I have learned that foot position is key as tr6coug stated. He taught me how to surf. On a small to medium wake the front foot needs to be closer to the inside of the edge (toes on edge of rubber, towards wake, weight on toe side) to keep the board driving in. Little to no weight on the heal side. Back foot about the same and 6"-8" from the tail. Once you find the spot, you'll be able to get slack and it will get easier to get there each time. After getting some consistancy, you can start playing with foot position and on the wake.........

BrooksfamX2
08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
....another thing I forgot that helps make toe side weight, bend slightly at the waste over your toes. I touch the wake with my back hand which I can only do by bending over a little.........also, only hold the rope with your front hand which helps to keep your hips straight and the board pointing towards the boat.

I use factory ballast and a 455lb piggy back bag on the port (surf) side which helps a lot as it is usually just my wife and I in the boat.

LouisvilleFan
08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'll try um out this weekend and report back!