PDA

View Full Version : Is there no 2013 world tt hull change?

blackTT
08-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I've heard rumours, generally lake talk, that there was a whoe new hull/boat change coming for the 2013 tournament team boat.

Is this still happening? Is there any truth at all to it? If not are there any major changes to the 2013 or same as it has been for 10 years?

Jim@BAWS
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Remember you heard it here first. Rumor control...you start em we spread em!!!

blackTT
08-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd love to know, I'm in the market for a new one, but don't wanna buy one if there is a change not far off

I also understand this is the exact reason they probably don't make it public knowledge. :)

erkoehler
08-10-2012, 08:27 AM
That's exactly why they won't say.

mzimme
08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
If it makes any difference, MC posted a picture of a '13 197 on their facebook page a week or two ago.

captain planet
08-10-2012, 09:09 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just hanging out.......;)

mzimme
08-10-2012, 09:11 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just hanging out.......;)

Oh hey there... I hear you tend to have insider info. Wanna share that popcorn? 8p

captain planet
08-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Oh hey there... I hear you tend to have insider info. Wanna share that popcorn? 8p

I could share the popcorn....but then I would have to lace it with arsenic or some other nefarious substance to keep the info safe. ;) You understand, right? :D

Jim@BAWS
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM

No new prostar hull in 2013

mzimme
08-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I could share the popcorn....but then I would have to lace it with arsenic or some other nefarious substance to keep the info safe. ;) You understand, right? :D

It's cool. I'm immune to that stuff.

mzimme
08-10-2012, 09:24 AM
No new prostar hull in 2013

I'm not looking anyway, but its fun to fuel fires... right?

Ben
08-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Flux capacitor is getting an extra 2 gigawatts in 2015. I'll wait until then. That will surely take two more line lengths off.

lettmeknow
08-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I posted this on another thread.

"I have first hand reliable intel on the new Prostar for 2014. It will be named Prostar 201. MC wants to one up CC again ( cc196 vs MC197) . It will share some of the same characterisics of the new Xstar. It will have the funky rub rail dip and will also incorprate a small pickle fork front bow to address the complaints of the small seating area of the 197. It will have a rear swooping mini tower that does not interfere with shortline. . It will have a built in boom that stores itself in the gunnel when not in use. A push of a button will release the boom and it will telescope out automatically! No power tower, but now you got this cool auto feature. The engine will be pushed forward 3 inches as well as the gas tank to improve weight distibution. The storage locker is thinner but goes all the way to the floor. The dash will have no gauges. It will be one offset( simalar to CC) six inch screen . It will display all info and zero off. It will have two rope release systems, one specific to trick the other to slalom. The wake is supposed to be so faint and soft that it will sure to see new world records. As far as power plant, there is talk of a turbo charged V6 that is supposed to get better gas consumption than anything we have seen before.Thats about all I know right now, I am rooted to have WTT #1! Please do not share any of this info outside of TT , as it is all very secret."

east tx skier
08-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I love this post so much!

blackTT
08-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't think I can wait another year.

Skipper
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Now you will just need something like $100,000 to buy the thing. Maybe I will have a yard sale this weekend?

blackTT
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I hope none of this is true. It sounds terrible

DooSPX
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I agree! sounds horrible!

btmachone
08-16-2012, 10:01 AM
2013 TT on Mastercraft's facebook page this morning!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200675_10150986067371752_1048703794_n.jpg

duckguy
08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Love it

mzimme
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
That interior color is hideous.

blackTT
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
But it's the same boat!! As every other year! There is no change, the hull is the same.

Sullivan
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
There is no new boat and there is no plan for a new 14 either. Next years WTT boats will all be custom colors that the WTT member gets to choose. Oh, one new change for 13, a price increase and no bimini included with the standard WTT boats.

willyt
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I posted this on another thread.

"I have first hand reliable intel on the new Prostar for 2014. It will be named Prostar 201. MC wants to one up CC again ( cc196 vs MC197) . It will share some of the same characterisics of the new Xstar. It will have the funky rub rail dip and will also incorprate a small pickle fork front bow to address the complaints of the small seating area of the 197. It will have a rear swooping mini tower that does not interfere with shortline. . It will have a built in boom that stores itself in the gunnel when not in use. A push of a button will release the boom and it will telescope out automatically! No power tower, but now you got this cool auto feature. The engine will be pushed forward 3 inches as well as the gas tank to improve weight distibution. The storage locker is thinner but goes all the way to the floor. The dash will have no gauges. It will be one offset( simalar to CC) six inch screen . It will display all info and zero off. It will have two rope release systems, one specific to trick the other to slalom. The wake is supposed to be so faint and soft that it will sure to see new world records. As far as power plant, there is talk of a turbo charged V6 that is supposed to get better gas consumption than anything we have seen before.Thats about all I know right now, I am rooted to have WTT #1! Please do not share any of this info outside of TT , as it is all very secret."

I heard unicorns can fly, jack can climb beanstalks and to watch out for the wicked witch of the west. I also heard the new 2014 will incorporate a new anti-zombie cannon, just in case your attacked by zombies on the water.

rhsprostar
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
There is no new boat and there is no plan for a new 14 either. Next years WTT boats will all be custom colors that the WTT member gets to choose. Oh, one new change for 13, a price increase and no bimini included with the standard WTT boats.

NO NEW 14!!!!????........***...really?
Are you saying that MC is not going to come out with a new hull next year?

willyt
08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
NO NEW 14!!!!????........***...really?
Are you saying that MC is not going to come out with a new hull next year?

seriously? we're speculating on a 2014 model when we're not even 3 months into production for the 2013's? nobody outside of MC knows jack

again, i'm banking on the zombie cannon. MC better make that happen

DooSPX
08-16-2012, 11:15 AM
It doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon. Possibly a 2014 deal. All their r&d and money are going to new wake boat design. How many different wake boats do you really need? I think 3 or 4 is more than enough. I'm a MC die-hart, but I am beginning to lose faith... sad, but true.

JohnE
08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
seriously? we're speculating on a 2014 model when we're not even 3 months into production for the 2013's? nobody outside of MC knows jack

I agree, nobody knows what's going to happen. If they aren't coming up with one soon, then they are saying that they can't do any better than what they came up with in 2000 and refined with a hook and rudder change.

JohnE
08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I think I'm becoming a fan of the black and silverflake.

rhsprostar
08-16-2012, 11:40 AM
It doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon. Possibly a 2014 deal. All their r&d and money are going to new wake boat design. How many different wake boats do you really need? I think 3 or 4 is more than enough. I'm a MC die-hart, but I am beginning to lose faith... sad, but true.

If there is no new hull or announcemnt SOON, I am going to buy a promo SN 200 open bow......no ****.........:mad:

cpr05xtr
08-16-2012, 11:51 AM

i agree i was thinking baby cannon but zombie will work also

Ski-me
08-16-2012, 12:08 PM
If there is no new hull or announcemnt SOON, I am going to buy a promo SN 200 open bow......no ****.........:mad:

I think even if thre is a 2014 change, MC would most likely keep things REAL quite until the end of the 2013 run (or at least real close to it).

If it got leaked out that an all new design is coming in 2014, the 2013 sales would dive! :rolleyes:

DooSPX
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM

I cannot say I blame you... its sad. all the other brands have killer slalom boats and promote them... I hope that the MC engineers and Marcus Brown can come up with something that will blow them out of the water like the old days!

Jim@BAWS
08-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Back up there skippy!!! You are jumping the gun here. We have not even completed 2 months yet!!!

Why...the current 197 hull is AWESOME...what is the matter with it

That will be a COSTLY mistake...Hull does not perform unless it it powered by a 6.0 that runs
25% higher RPMS than a MC and burns more fuel and is louder...there is nothing the matter with the current 197...if you want CHANGE...the vote for the (R) next to the name don't think that the current 197 hull is any less that next to perfect!!!

Jim@BAWS

TRBenj
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
That will be a COSTLY mistake...Hull does not perform unless it it powered by a 6.0 that runs
25% higher RPMS than a MC and burns more fuel and is louder...there is nothing the matter with the current 197...if you want CHANGE...the vote for the (R) next to the name don't think that the current 197 hull is any less that next to perfect!!!

Jim@BAWS
Fascinating. Everything Ive read indicates that the 200 and 197 run very similar RPM vs. speed, with both the 5.7L (43mph @ 5200rpm) and the 6.0L (47mph @ 5600rpm).

Both are slow and turn a lot of revs. If the CC turns more 25% more RPM, that would be on the range of 1000rpm difference, right?

DooSPX
08-16-2012, 01:41 PM

Jim@BAWS

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it! It is a great hull. I still wish I could have afforded that red/white/blue 197 you had! I loved that boat. But I didn't see anything wrong with the X-Star either, granted I am not a boarder. But as you know, new changes means new money because people want the latest and greatest.

Also, on a political note, please get this a--- and all his puppets out of office and vote R to save our country!

bobx1
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Ski-me;868894If it got leaked out that an all new design is coming in 2014, the 2013 sales would dive! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Interesting situation....let's say it stays the same till 2014 then rhprostar buys a SN and in all likely hood, he will hang on to that boat for a few years and may even switch brand loyalty from MC to SN.

Or you announce there will be a change in 2014 and a current MC owner waits till 2014 to buy a new one and does not switch brands and remains loyal to MC.

Not a great example but....Apple is facing a similar situation with the IPhone 4s and IPhone 5. Apple wanted to keep the 5 release date secret but they saw sales of the 4s slowing along with some migration to droid based phones. Apple finally let it leak that there would be a September announcement/release. Apple bit the bullet and cannibalized 4s sales so they could keep people from switching to Droid phones. Not a great example but you get the point.

Not suggesting what is right or wrong but it is an interesting situation.

rhsprostar
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you! My point exactely!...If there is indeed something in the works that will be a game changer in the ski business, MC needs to strategically let out some spy pics or info that will keep current customers anxious for the new model. At this point I feel that the "skier" is being completely ignored by MC and I am ready to jump ship in favour of another brand that puts skiers AS WELL AS boarders on the same level.

Interesting situation....let's say it stays the same till 2014 then rhprostar buys a SN and in all likely hood, he will hang on to that boat for a few years and may even switch brand loyalty from MC to SN.

Or you announce there will be a change in 2014 and a current MC owner waits till 2014 to buy a new one and does not switch brands and remains loyal to MC.

Not a great example but....Apple is facing a similar situation with the IPhone 4s and IPhone 5. Apple wanted to keep the 5 release date secret but they saw sales of the 4s slowing along with some migration to droid based phones. Apple finally let it leak that there would be a September announcement/release. Apple bit the bullet and cannibalized 4s sales so they could keep people from switching to Droid phones. Not a great example but you get the point.

Not suggesting what is right or wrong but it is an interesting situation.

itch2ski
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Jim@BAWS

The current boat is awesome, extremely well built, the hull is awesome for shortline, not so awesome for slower speeds and long line - 22 off. The 200 and TXi do much better in these areas and therefore are more appealing boats, especially for those learning or those with wives and kids.

JohnE
08-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you! My point exactely!...If there is indeed something in the works that will be a game changer in the ski business, MC needs to strategically let out some spy pics or info that will keep current customers anxious for the new model. At this point I feel that the "skier" is being completely ignored by MC and I am ready to jump ship in favour of another brand that puts skiers AS WELL AS boarders on the same level.

I haven't seen any game changers in at least 10 years as far as slalom hull tugs. Constant improvements, yes. I wouldn't expect any going forward. Biggest "game changer" to me is when they created a 214 that skis as well as a 197 for the most part and has twice the room. And those sales are very sluggish lately. If they even offer a dd 214 these days. But I'm digressing. The industry is at a point of diminished returns in the slalom boat market.

19_Skier
08-16-2012, 04:33 PM
May not be a new hull but man is it sexy!

mzimme
08-16-2012, 04:34 PM
except for that hideous interior color.

Although, A black King Ranch F250 would look mighty fine pulling that. Their interiors would match too!

blackTT
08-16-2012, 07:54 PM
I bleed MC, but if there isn't a change I'm going to have to switch. Or get a 200 or txi for slalom and keep my WTT for just looking sexy. The MC does everything right, build amazingly, look great but when it comes to wakes and how the boat tracks down the course I feel they have been left behind.

Be a massive low point if I have to walk into a Malibu dealership!!!!!

93Prostar190
08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I bleed MC, but if there isn't a change I'm going to have to switch. Or get a 200 or txi for slalom and keep my WTT for just looking sexy. The MC does everything right, build amazingly, look great but when it comes to wakes and how the boat tracks down the course I feel they have been left behind.

The other boats you mention are pretty sweet and wakes are subjective ... but I gotta say nothing tracks better in a course than the 197/190 Evo platform we have now .... my 214 (based on the same hull might be close ;)

east tx skier
08-16-2012, 08:15 PM
The other boats you mention are pretty sweet and wakes are subjective ... but I gotta say nothing tracks better in a course than the 197/190 Evo platform we have now .... my 214 (based on the same hull might be close ;)

It tracks very well. I just drove a 2010 TT yesterday. But I would put my SN in the same upper echelon if not better as far as freight train like tracking goes (have not had the chance to drive or ski the 200; so I can't comment on that). This is not a slight toward the 197 in the least. The 2010 I was behind yesterday was an absolute joy to ski (and I ski 15 off/30 mph in the course ... a weak point for many ski boat wakes). But very little tracks like a SN.

93Prostar190
08-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Eastie, I driven a 98 ... guessing much like yours and you are right ... your 98 SN is sweet ! All the boats mentioned on this thread are at that top level ... heck sometimes I miss my 93 190 .... that wake was pretty darn good too ...

We should ski together sometime ... compare notes, share a beer, and certainly not set any world records even though our respective boats can !

Never too late to make Buckeye Bash III ... cmon up! I'll give you a pull .... ;)

It tracks very well. I just drove a 2010 TT yesterday. But I would put my SN in the same upper echelon if not better as far as freight train like tracking goes (have not had the chance to drive or ski the 200; so I can't comment on that). This is not a slight toward the 197 in the least. The 2010 I was behind yesterday was an absolute joy to ski (and I ski 15 off/30 mph in the course ... a weak point for many ski boat wakes). But very little tracks like a SN.

captain planet
08-16-2012, 08:27 PM

But just think how much lighter the boat will be with those fancy hollow vented stringers!:rolleyes:

You guys are all just getting a little excited about this. Relax and read up on this and everything will be alright.

east tx skier
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Eastie, I driven a 98 ... guessing much like yours and you are right ... your 98 SN is sweet ! All the boats mentioned on this thread are at that top level ... heck sometimes I miss my 93 190 .... that wake was pretty darn good too ...

We should ski together sometime ... compare notes, share a beer, and certainly not set any world records even though our respective boats can !

Never too late to make Buckeye Bash III ... cmon up! I'll give you a pull .... ;)

The invite is very much appreciated! Thank you. If I find myself in your neck of the woods, I will most definitely look you up.

I (or I should say, my boat) pulled a couple of guys from Ohio a year or two ago. Two junior skiers and their dad. They were all running 38 off repeatedly at 34 and 36 mph. I opted to let the dad or one of the kids drive. But it was nice to see my boat do what it was designed to do.

blackTT
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I understand what everyone is saying. But surely you agree even if your not into the high level slalom boats that mc is starting to get left behind. I mean someone here can tell me how long we have been running this same hull for. These 3 event boats really all need 6 litre engine now and if your worried about fuel consumption then maybe 3 event skiing isn't for you. 200's do use a lot of fuel but they have also towed a lot of records. Like I've said I bleed MC but I'm getting frustrated with only getting colour changes and trim design each year while other people with different brands are getting constant improvements.
Thanks for reading my little rant. And I also except the point that they have been putting all thier r and d into the xstar, but that's done now.

snork
08-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Other brands had room for improvements but with the current 197 / 190 in production for now 12 years bet theres a new model in the works for 2014 and then again in 2018

ntidsl
08-16-2012, 09:55 PM
The invite is very much appreciated! Thank you. If I find myself in your neck of the woods, I will most definitely look you up.

I (or I should say, my boat) pulled a couple of guys from Ohio a year or two ago. Two junior skiers and their dad. They were all running 38 off repeatedly at 34 and 36 mph. I opted to let the dad or one of the kids drive. But it was nice to see my boat do what it was designed to do.

It wouldnt happen to have been the Mechler's would it?

captain planet
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I understand what everyone is saying. But surely you agree even if your not into the high level slalom boats that mc is starting to get left behind. I mean someone here can tell me how long we have been running this same hull for. These 3 event boats really all need 6 litre engine now and if your worried about fuel consumption then maybe 3 event skiing isn't for you. 200's do use a lot of fuel but they have also towed a lot of records. Like I've said I bleed MC but I'm getting frustrated with only getting colour changes and trim design each year while other people with different brands are getting constant improvements.
Thanks for reading my little rant. And I also except the point that they have been putting all thier r and d into the xstar, but that's done now.

Hmmm, could that be because they constantly need to be improved to catch up? :rolleyes:;)

19_Skier
08-17-2012, 12:47 AM

mastercraft's are absolutely loved by tricker's for their wake and are considered probably the best 3-event boat out there. The biggest issue MC has is the larger wake at low speeds and long line compared to Bu and Nau, but come on, we are splitting hairs. If you are stacked and on edge, any of the big three (and the carbon pro!) are a dream to ski behind at any line.

Also, there is a good reason why most of the records lately have been behind the competitor's. Look at who is making the records and who the boat companies are that sponsor them. Don't think for a second they don't get a bonus to break/tie a record behind a boat from their sponsor ;)

blackTT
08-17-2012, 07:52 AM
So are you saying records can't be set being a MC or that other brands are paying more money to get them...
If we are being frank sn200 are a long way in front of us, and all of us devoted MC buyers deserve a hull grade, if you disagree I think your not skiing short lines and not a lot behind a 200. Again I dont wanna sound like I support other brands, I just want more from the brand I support

kyfooter
08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Black TT,

You make very good points. Like you, I do believe it would be nice to see a hull change. Assuming this hull is used through 2013, that will be a 13 year run on (essentially) the same hull.

But...let's be realistic. In the past 15 years, the number of ski boats sold has steadily declined, while the number of wakeboard/family boats sold has sky-rocketed. What's the margin on a 197 vs. the margin on an X-25? How many X-25, X35, etc. will be sold this year compared to the number of 190s or 197s? If it's your business, would you cater toward the 5-10% that are 3-event skiers, or the 90% that want a high-end boat that the whole family can be out on, has the "wow" factor for looks, and is the latest trend?

I don't wakeboard at all. But I can understand (I'm making assumptions, yes) why the current hull will continue to be used. Again, most of the other comments are quite valid. The 190/197 hull is a great hull. Yes, there is a bump at slower speeds and longer line lengths...but this boat was not designed for mediocre skiers (myself included). At shortline lengths, the boat is awesome.

The debate about being left behind will never be resolved...that's the nature of progress. Nautiques have always had a fantastic 3-event boat that tracked like a freight train. Quality is top notch as well. Malibu isn't much different, although IMO their quality is not as good as MC and CC. From a skier's perspective, they are all very good, but each excel in different areas.

Again - TT you have very good points, and after 12-13 years on the same hull, I certainly understand your frustration. But I would guess if we had a poll and asked whether the users of this site find themselves wakeboarding and using their boat for family reasons, vs. those that want a boat for 3-event, we would be in the minority...by a bunch. To spend $X,XXX,XXX in R&D for a new hull, in a market that is shrinking steadily is a very tough decision to make, particularly as the entire marine industry is trying to recover from a very rough few years. The 3-event boat was what all three big names were built upon...but that doesn't mean that's what they'll survive and/or thrive upon in the future. The only constant is change.

willyt
08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
wait...

hold on...

stop the train...

people still ski?

8p

snork
08-17-2012, 09:32 AM
wait...

hold on...

stop the train...

people still ski?

8p

No, only .0001% of the 1%

JohnE
08-17-2012, 01:08 PM
What makes me laugh at the moment is thinking about all the people on PN that have been longing for the 196 to return. What's that saying about pleasing people??

lettmeknow
08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Here's how I see it. There is nothing wrong with the 197 hull 10 years ago! It's still a great hull, but the others have surpassed it. Especially as already mentioned at slower long line speeds. Skiing is making a come back from what I see. There is a huge gap however as most the 20-30 y/o are into wakeboarding. But their alot of juniors now and we need to keep them intrested, and they do not like that boat! The juniors are the future for 3 event. The MC die hards dont want to admit it, but the 197 is the least favored boat. Skiers hate to pull it at a tournament. I have even read that some people purchase a 197 only becuase it does have the worst wake and there's no better way to be prepared for the worst at a tourney!

On another note, why would current 197 owners want to upgrade only to basically have the same boat. Lots of people like to get new boats often. A new hull would spark lots of sales I would think. I may be wrong here, but I think I read somewhere that the 200 was SN's #1 seller. Even it thats not accurate, they so sell crap load !

FYI I skied the Carbon pro recently and that wake is butter! Softest 15-28 wake I have felt ever. MC is not even close.

3 event boats may not yield the profits that the wave makers do, but it would be a shame to let that part of your history go.

JohnE
08-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know why they don't just make an affordable bare bone slalom boat.

lettmeknow
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
They do, its called Carbon Pro

kyfooter
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
More good points. I would love to be in that group that would upgrade to a new 3-event boat. What I can't understand however is after running the same hull for 13 years, the price of the boat has doubled. Certainly, there have been (minor) improvements along the way...but to double the price?

It's been said many times, and I'm no different...I'm a fan of MC and I would not want a different primary brand boat. But for me to sell my 2003 197 TT and upgrade to a new 197 TT (on the same hull) would cost my boat + $25k or so...makes upgrading laughable to me.

Would love to see more 3-event skiers. But on my lake, it's not happening. We're outnumbered at least 50:1.

blackTT
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah I've driven at ski schools in a 200 and we slalom with it in trick mode to make the wakes more like a 197 if MC is the tow boat at the next tourney. But that another subject. With a new design I'm not just talking about wake, imagine new shape, new ideas, new trim, the pop up dash from the xstar would be awesome

Guess I'm just annoyed, and would love to see a new designed bad arse MC to blow everything else out of the water and to shut up nautique and Malibu People. Regain the title of 'the ultimate ski boat in the world'

And the slegde about if people still ski isn't worth commenting on, it would only a start a war. I guess not commenting shows the class of a skier.

lettmeknow
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah I've driven at ski schools in a 200 and we slalom with it in trick mode to make the wakes more like a 197 if MC is the tow boat at the next tourney. But that another subject. With a new design I'm not just talking about wake, imagine new shape, new ideas, new trim, the pop up dash from the xstar would be awesome

Guess I'm just annoyed, and would love to see a new designed bad arse MC to blow everything else out of the water and to shut up nautique and Malibu People. Regain the title of 'the ultimate ski boat in the world'

And the slegde about if people still ski isn't worth commenting on, it would only a start a war. I guess not commenting shows the class of a skier.

Thats hilarious!Ive skied with the plate up on accident and its bad!

JohnE
08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
They do, its called Carbon Pro

I guess my sarcasm didn't translate well via typing.

east tx skier
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM
It wouldnt happen to have been the Mechler's would it?

Yes. That'd be them.

east tx skier
08-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't know why they don't just make an affordable bare bone slalom boat.

They do. It's called the 1994 Pro Star 190. :)

itch2ski
08-17-2012, 04:53 PM

Ha! Thats exactly what I was about to type!
Carbon Pro - $40-50k
Mint '94 PS190 - $15k max

blackTT
08-17-2012, 06:24 PM
No zero off, or drivers heated seat. Both are a must

itch2ski
08-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Considering you could get the boat for $12-15k you could still repower, add ZO and heated driver seat and still be under $25k.

lettmeknow
08-17-2012, 06:39 PM

okay then buy a beat up 1992 with carbed motor for around $6K , re power it with a PCM 343 and ZO and add the heated seat., new trailer . im sure this can be done under $20k !

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/3200875106.html

blackTT
08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Both good points...... Or MC could just bring out 'game changer' of the tournament boat and problem fixed for everyone. Well those of us who want to buy a new one, I'm sure the pricing will be pretty rude but that's for another thread I guess

mzimme
08-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Didn't you know... everyone can afford $100k ski tugs...

blackTT
08-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Not me..........

dski12
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I'll stick with what I have. 94 PS 190 LT1 - 370 Hrs

mzimme
08-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Not me..........

Oh me either... I thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick there ;)

jamisonsbrodie
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM

These are great as long as you don't ski beyond 28 off or mind being pelted in the face when you have a headwind.

jamisonsbrodie
08-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Sorry, multiple post

blackTT
08-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Very very true.

rhsprostar
08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Great bimini! WHo makes it and how does it do at 34mph?

I'll stick with what I have. 94 PS 190 LT1 - 370 Hrs

JohnE
08-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Which just may be my next boat.

dski12
08-19-2012, 09:37 AM
From my understanding the bimini is called a Barefoot International's Pro x Series Bimini and has been discontinued. Might have to call around to see if there are any left. I can run WOT without any problems with the bimini. It has been great to get out of the sun. Check out this video from TheFootersEdge.com.

http://vimeo.com/20758640

shepherd
08-19-2012, 11:45 AM
These are great as long as you don't ski beyond 28 off or mind being pelted in the face when you have a headwind.

Really? I thought they solved that problem with that model. I had some spray issues with my old '90 PS190, but I didn't think the next evolution hull had the same problem :confused:

jamisonsbrodie
08-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Really? I thought they solved that problem with that model. I had some spray issues with my old '90 PS190, but I didn't think the next evolution hull had the same problem :confused:

Solved? No. Slightly improved, yes. I have a 90, and my friend has a 92 that I ski behind 1-2/week. Whenever there is a headwind, we have major spray issues at 28 and shorter. 32 it's really bad, and 35 unbearable.

My 90 hull has spray issues at all line lengths. We keep it at our lake cabin, fortunately so i don't ski it much.

shepherd
08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Interesting. I ski often behind a '92 PS205 -- different hull, I know -- and we have no issues at all with spray at 32 and shorter. So, maybe the 205 from that era is a better slalom boat?

east tx skier
08-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Stargazer Zbox comes close and adding seat heat is a couple of hundred bucks at the most.

east tx skier
08-19-2012, 11:19 PM

I guess the headwind could be the factor, but even my old 93 205 was good with no spray through 35 off. With enough of a headwind, I guess longline could be an issue. But with that much headwind, I'll skip it.

kpickett
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Solved? No. Slightly improved, yes. I have a 90, and my friend has a 92 that I ski behind 1-2/week. Whenever there is a headwind, we have major spray issues at 28 and shorter. 32 it's really bad, and 35 unbearable.

I wonder if that boat has weight balance issues or a strange prop or something. On my 94 190, it has to be a really strong headwind (like 18-20 mph) and almost not worth skiing to get spray at 28. In a brisk headwind, there is some spray at 32, but not that bad. This weekend I was working on 35 in a moderate headwind, and that wasn't that bad either. It really has to be almost unskiable wind for the spray to be really bad, and that's at 35 and 38.

I've heard rumors about the spray mod on the Bud Tour boats from 94. My buddy's Protour 190 didn't have it. I'm thinking about experimenting with a little Bondo lip on the spray pocket to see if that knocks down the spray.

blakehardesty
08-20-2012, 08:11 AM
A friend of mine was at the MC dealer meeting and said he was told that MC will no longer be making a DD boat anymore. Any truth to that? No more 197??

Tristar Racing
08-20-2012, 08:27 AM
A friend of mine was at the MC dealer meeting and said he was told that MC will no longer be making a DD boat anymore. Any truth to that? No more 197??

That would mean no more 197 or 214. I can't imagine that's true.

blakehardesty
08-20-2012, 08:41 AM
That would mean no more 197 or 214. I can't imagine that's true.

He was told that the 214 will live, however it will be the 214v.

DooSPX
08-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I wonder if that boat has weight balance issues or a strange prop or something. On my 94 190, it has to be a really strong headwind (like 18-20 mph) and almost not worth skiing to get spray at 28. In a brisk headwind, there is some spray at 32, but not that bad. This weekend I was working on 35 in a moderate headwind, and that wasn't that bad either. It really has to be almost unskiable wind for the spray to be really bad, and that's at 35 and 38.

I've heard rumors about the spray mod on the Bud Tour boats from 94. My buddy's Protour 190 didn't have it. I'm thinking about experimenting with a little Bondo lip on the spray pocket to see if that knocks down the spray.

If you do experiment, let us know the results w/ pictures of the bondo lip!

JohnE
08-20-2012, 09:07 AM

I find that hard to believe.

DooSPX
08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I cannot see them ditching DD ski boats, if that's true, MC has taken themselves out of the competitive market. I do not see them doing that.

Sullivan
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
No, that is not true.

rhsprostar
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
No more DD boats!!!???..........really?....come on now.......

east tx skier
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
If MC stops making direct drives, I'll eat my hat.

Sullivan
08-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I like my current 197 (sold it), my wife likes skiing behind it too, even at 26 mph. She can't tell a difference between it and the new Txi. I can tell a difference at 15 and 22 at 36. However, I think my wake is better than the 200 at 28. From 32 and on I can't tell a difference behind any boat.

None of this matters though......its time for a new boat Mastercraft! Its been 13 years. I feel like the red headed step child, I really do.

DooSPX
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Doug, I would pay to see that!:D

ShawnB
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM

He probably misheard them say they will no longer be making any DD X-Series boats, which does seem to be true as there's no X14 DD and no more X7.

blakehardesty
08-20-2012, 03:14 PM
He probably misheard them say they will no longer be making any DD X-Series boats, which does seem to be true as there's no X14 DD and no more X7.

He said they were ditching the x-14 and 15. Adding the x10. Ditching maristar series, and all dd boats. Lets just hope he wasnt listening very good.