PDA

View Full Version : MEFI BURN and Ecm Tuning

DRRICK
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Title says it all. Anyone use this product on their Mastercraft?

As noted, I have recently upgraded to roller rockers at 1:6 ratio, from 1:5, and I need to recal. my ECM to increase the fuel pulse to match the increase in breathing.

If no one has used it, I will probably get the system, use it on my boat and make it available to people here. I figure if the system costs $600, and I rent it out for $50-$100 bucks, I just might be able to get my investment back.

If there is anybody in Oregon that can tune the engine for me, please stand up and be counted.
Thanks

mckevin
08-11-2012, 06:32 AM
I have been looking at the MEFI Burn stuff too. I am running MEFI 5. I don't think what works for yours will work on mine. That blows. Let me know if you like it. I will probably order one for mine too.

DRRICK
08-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to spend the money to re-cal my ECM. I have an Email to the tech. dept at Indmar-they might be able to help.

Otherwise I will just send the ECM to Bob at OBD2 to have him upload a new calibration that he knows will work for my engine.

To do it my self is gonna cost around $700, and many hours of work, including Drilling throught the water jackets on the riser and installing an O2 sensor, that I would remove after the tuning.

Andyg
08-15-2012, 07:04 PM
What engine and year are you modifying? I added 1.6 roller rockers to my 2003 MCX and recalled my ECM with what Indamr recommended. It caused idle and surging problems. I went back to the stock program and never had a problem after that.

Andyg

DRRICK
08-15-2012, 09:56 PM
What engine and year are you modifying? I added 1.6 roller rockers to my 2003 MCX and recalled my ECM with what Indamr recommended. It caused idle and surging problems. I went back to the stock program and never had a problem after that.

Andyg

After I wrote the above, I went to a local guy who actually knew what I was talking about. I went home and pulled every other spark plug. They look pretty good. They certainly do not look TOO lean (def not rich, though). So I am showing them to other folks to get a read.
I am unable to upload right now, but I will up load spark plug photos tomorrow.

I did a write up of the upgrade with photos. Did you change your push rods?

1994 prostar LT-1 http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45951

DRRICK
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Here are the plugs.

COmments??

Too lean? (certainly not too rich)?
Just right?? approx 3hours on the plugs.

DRRICK
08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Local engine guy says too lean. But not causing damage YET. Avoid WOT. Get new calibration ASAP. No skiing or boarding. Or Hole shots.