PDA

View Full Version : School me on Nassau, Bahamas

etduc
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Going for a quick trip. Sept 17-20, staying on Paradise Island (Coral Towers).
Anyone have local resturant recommendations? Bars, etc.

Also, any must do activities: don't want any bs activities (like dolphin petting...sounds creepy:cool:) Also, don't have time to do a cool sounding activity, that turns out lame....you get the idea.

Just me and the wife, we are an active/athletic couple.

Any suggestions, would be appreciated.

RadarDad
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
My wife and I have been to Atlantis for a week in 2010 and 2011. The water park is great. We also enjoyed the gambling to. As far as food we found the buffet between the two towers was great for breakfast and dinner. We had lunch out by the pool. We did the dolphin experance and it was good. We did go shopping downtown and had no problems. They do have upper end restaunrats but, they are big bucks. We went later in the year and it was a little cold and windy. You should have better weather than us.

Good luck Roger

cpr05xtr
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I have been three times and LOVE IT! There is a new bbq place that we loved i believe it is in the royal towers also visit harborside and go to the bar on the point they have a a happy hour i believe it is 5 to 7 and frozen drinks are half price. Make sure you get a taxi and go to the "Fish Fry" at least one time because this is the best local food on the island of nassau. The best place to eat is call Two Brothers. Try the Conch Fritters our favorite. There is a bar down town close to senior frogs i am trying to remember the name it is next to the straw market im thinking carlos and charlies is the name. Make sure to drink all the KALIK beer you can drink it is a great local beer and you cant get it in the states. I would suggest to steer clear of the straw market it is worse than the people trying to sell you cheap jewelry in mexico. Walk through down town nassau there are alot of cheap shops for your souvioneers as anything on paradise island is stupid expensive. Also a tip ask your taxi driver to stop you by a liquor store where beers are a couple bucks compared to 5-8 at restaurants. There is a place to eat in the marina caller Carmines it is really expensive but it is great food to splurge on. It is family style so a salad feeds like 6 people and me and my wife ordered spaghetti and meatballs and we ate it there and lunch three more days. If you have any more questions message me and ask if you want ill give you my cell number and you can text me when you get there if you have questions about anything. Text messages there are .25 to send and .10 to receive.We are actually planning on going next spring also we have a timeshare at harbor side and love it. If i think of anything else ill let you know.

tideengineer
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Will be sailing there from Florida panhandle in January....10 day trip to get there....stay for 10 days...then sail back....boat does has a diesel motor though...

etduc
08-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Meant Royal Towers, not Coral Towers.

We like to go off the beaten path, sample the local color, vs. follow the herd. I usually rely on valet and bar tender recommendations, for local eateries.

Always pays, to ask experience travelers of like minds.

Will have to try the local beer.

Thanks for the response, keep them coming.