View Full Version : Waterskiers worst enemy poll

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-30-2005, 06:22 PM
SO heres a poll:

What is a water skiers worst enemy?

rodltg2
08-30-2005, 06:27 PM
wind and sun glare on a private lake.

jet skiis and wakeboard boats on public lake.

jmyers
08-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Inconsiderate boaters PERIOD!!!! :mad:

jraben8
08-30-2005, 06:39 PM
When on a public lake, rollers are inevitable. They don't really bother me too much as long as it isn't constant.

What burns me is the irresponsible driver of any type of craft that gets too close to my boat or person in the water.

Foiler
08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Winter...ICE...SNOW!!!

erkoehler
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Why wasn't jet skis included in the poll?

jmyers
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Why wasn't jet skis included in the poll?
Because an enemy really is a formable opponant, they just aren't worth it!! :D

08-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I was just goofin as waves are my worst skiing pet pieve as I have to deal with alot of imperfect conditions. :mad:

There are alot of things to list. I was just goofin' :cool:

feel free to list them!!!! :D

08-30-2005, 07:12 PM
OK, heres an idea. use this thread to post all thigns that are "skiers enemies" and then when we feel we have them all listed, I will make a new Poll with all of them to really vote on it. sound good?

If this is a stupid idea, just say, SHUT UP UMP!!!!! go eat your dinner and forget about your poll :purplaugh

PendO
08-30-2005, 07:15 PM
the dude who wants to drive right behind you when you are pulling a skier

Leroy
08-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Unexpected changes in direction or speed. Not enough cold beer.

John B
08-30-2005, 07:20 PM
When I'm water-skiing it is Wakeboarders,with there my wake is bigger then your wake boats.
When I'm snow skiing it is Snowboarders.

jraben8
08-30-2005, 07:23 PM
The guy that plows by you (about 12 mph) with an overloaded boat that you could shake hands with if he didn't have one on the throttle and one on his beer.

jmyers
08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
The guy who circles over and over again pulling a tube while you are anchored or setting uo for a ski because that is the best water!! Or at least it was!! :mad:

John B
08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
The guy that plows by you with an overloaded boat that you could shake hands with if he didn't have one on the throttle and one on his beer.

You mean the one pulling the wakeborder.

John B
08-30-2005, 07:28 PM
The guy who circles over and over again pulling a tube while you are anchored or setting uo for a ski because that is the best water!! Or at least it was!! :mad:
That sounds like another wakeborder.

sassydog
08-30-2005, 07:29 PM
the absolute worst case scenario is a jet skier pulling tubers on a really windy day in the later afternoon(so you get a lot of glare) and theyr'e older people, who have no excuse to be riding on a tube any longer, unlike most small children. . after which point, lake hrs require you to get your *** off, so the fisherman can fish, but there's no goddamn fisherman!!!

jraben8
08-30-2005, 07:30 PM
You mean the one pulling the wakeborder.

No wakeboard in sight... Just sight seeing. Probably admiring the impecably kept MC... just before he realizes that he might hit it.

Ric
08-30-2005, 07:35 PM
the absolute worst case scenario is a jet skier pulling tubers on a really windy day in the later afternoon(so you get a lot of glare) and theyr'e older people, who have no excuse to be riding on a tube any longer, unlike most small children. . after which point, lake hrs require you to get your *** off, so the fisherman can fish, but there's no goddamn fisherman!!!
:purplaugh .

Leroy
08-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends? !!!!

You know you are outnumbered now....on both accounts.....

When I'm water-skiing it is Wakeboarders,with there my wake is bigger then your wake boats.

SKIR
08-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Youe Wife Forcing You To Sell You Mint Condition 1989 Prostar 190 With Powerslot.....anyone Know A Good Divorce Lawyer?

richardsoncd
08-30-2005, 11:56 PM
All the time - dangerous drivers who ride in the wake

Mornings - early to rise fisherman

Midday - Circling tubes

Evenings - empty cooler

...pretty sure most have been said multiple times; guess I'm not a shepard, just a sheep

USC8791
08-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Jet skis and wakeboarders.

shepherd
08-31-2005, 12:19 AM
WAVES.

(waves from wakeboarders)
(waves from tubers)
(waves from jet skis)
(waves from fishing boats)
(waves from fat, drunk, plow-boaters)

I wouldn't mind any of these people if their boats didn't make waves -- just floated above the surface

WAVES. period.

shepherd
08-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Youe Wife Forcing You To Sell You Mint Condition 1989 Prostar 190 With Powerslot.....anyone Know A Good Divorce Lawyer?

Come on now SKIR. We know you love yer wife ;) Otherwise, you would have called the divorce lawyer before you sold the PS 190. :noface:

RickDV
08-31-2005, 12:22 AM
This time of year the worst enemy is darkness. The sun is setting way too early! It robs me of more ski time than anything else right now.

shepherd
08-31-2005, 12:23 AM

sassydog, you seem kind of upset. chill out dude :cool: and quit punching on the little kid...

MarkP
08-31-2005, 12:35 AM
Winter...ICE...SNOW!!!eeeeeeeeeyep!!

WINTER!!

RickDV
08-31-2005, 12:45 AM
eeeeeeeeeyep!!

WINTER!!

Here's one taken on January 1, 2005 near Grand Rapids, Michigan. Notice the boat driver is bundled up! (We did manage to dodge the ice.)

MarkP
08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Here's one taken on January 1, 2005 near Grand Rapids, Michigan. Notice the boat driver is bundled up! (We did manage to dodge the ice.)I love it!! I'm keeping my boat out as long as I can:headbang:

darkbrown
08-31-2005, 12:48 AM
hard to pick just one,.....leeeetttttsssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee...
aaahhhhhhhhh...........bills, work, snow, bills, lack of cash, price of fuel, bills, work, rain, cold, work,...............
but when we're on the water, all is good,.....if the rollers are too high to carve thru, it's time for the knee boards or wake boards, i've got better than 100 ltrs of fuel on board, i can play around till the glass comes back and then go to work ripping it up.
an enemy is something that keeps me off the water.
just can't beat a day on the water with a few friends in the MC. Period.

heysteve!
08-31-2005, 01:19 AM

man your just jealous becuase u wish you could be like us. wakeboarding and snowboarding are the best things that happened to me

east tx skier
08-31-2005, 11:39 AM
When I'm free skiing, my biggest enemys are the inconsiderate people on the water. They ride tubes, jet skis, wakeboard boats, fishing boats, and, yes, even ski boats. When an X-star is headed my way and I'm not pulling anyone, I bring it to a dead stop and stay out of their way. I hope for the same from them and the others.

There are a host of on-water behaviors that can ruin a set. But if someone's riding, whatever they're riding, it's their lake too. But if it's a tuber or a jet skier or a fishing boat, criss-crossing the river or anchoring dead center of it are unacceptable. So is slowing down to 10 mph when you're not towing someone and another rider is approaching. Either get underway, idle, or stop.

So that's my enemy. He comes in all forms.

When we're on our course, we get pretty lonely. We don't see many other boats other than the fisherman leaving the launch nearby. Sure, they try to fish around our cove sometimes, but they don't stay long when we're running up and down the course.

kpickett
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Wakeboarders, Wakeboard boats, Wakeboards, Wakeboard ropes, Wakeboard towers and pylons, Wakeboard ballast.

Have I forgotten anything?

RickDV
08-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Let's not turn this thread into a "bash the other guy/group" discussion. Too much negative energy happening that's beyond our control (Katrina). Let's keep a postive karma with the things we can control.

Thanks in advance.

John B
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Wakeboarders, Wakeboard boats, Wakeboards, Wakeboard ropes, Wakeboard towers and pylons, Wakeboard ballast.

Have I forgotten anything?
Yes you did.
The driver of a Wakeboard boat.
Wakeboards don't know if you turn around and go back down your boat's own bubble line,that they won't make as much of a mess of the water of the other people on the water.
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about take a look at the last issue of WaterSki Magi.(paig 70)
The Wakeboards on the lake that I'm at do what we call Roundy Roundy.
They will come into the cove where I have my course and go around the shore line, which screws the water up for over 15 min.
And when they fall they hit full throttle to turn the boat around.
I'm not bash I'm just saying it like it is.

PS.heysteve, I'm not jealous,I just don't think that most Wakeboarders or Snowborders have respect for other people.I didn't say all just most.

08-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Let's not turn this thread into a "bash the other guy/group" discussion. Too much negative energy happening that's beyond our control (Katrina). Let's keep a postive karma with the things we can control.

Thanks in advance.

Word up to that! :D Well said RickDV. Sorry if I stirred things in a bad way with these threads. I was just trying to have fun. :o

We should be thankful we CAN ski with all the "skiers enemies". look at all those poor people that dont even have a home anymore.....boy, it sure puts things in perspective.

Hemey5
08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
1. Rope breaking while in full pull behind Boat.

2. Boot seperating from ski while in full pull.

3. Not having good body position off the ball and getting
pulled out the front of your ski. A HEADER OUCH!! This will leave a
mark. :eek:

Ric
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM

OTF's ..................... The WORST! :mad:

AirJunky
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Feels like a nice easy somersault on the living room rug compared to over rotating a front flip on ANY waterski apparatus & landing full on the chest & face. Over the years I've seen it done on a foil, kneeboard, wakeboard & a hot dog ski. Foil had to be the worst as the guy broke a couple ribs & cracked his sternum! :eek:

08-31-2005, 03:29 PM

WOW! I have never had any of these happen to me. the all sound bad! :eek:

Kyle's_prostar205
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
The guy in the Eliminator who thinks that going 200MPH on a samll lake while weaving through other waterskiers and such!

jmyers
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
WINTER, and winterizing!!! :cry: :noface:

Mi.mc
05-20-2006, 12:17 PM
hard decision- i hate the waves, but my twin brother is a fisher man who just happens to try to sabotoge my every move...

SkiDog
05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
gators! gators !

TMCNo1
05-21-2006, 10:22 AM
gators! gators !

Skidogs, Skidogs, Skidogs, they chase boats, biting at the prop! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TonyB
05-21-2006, 11:56 AM
The worst enemy to waterskiing in general has been the migration of skiers to private lakes thereby reducing the exposure of waterskiing to the general populace.

The interest in 3-event skiing is on the decline. Wakeboarders, on the other hand, are ubiqutous on area lakes and their ranks are swelling daily.

ajgressette
05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Everything that keeps me from getting my way. :rant:

DooSPX
06-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Inconsiderate boaters PERIOD!!!! :mad:

I agree 100% with him!
I am also a avid PWC rider, have been for MANY years. I own 2 of them. but I am ALWAYS considerate of others. (docks, swimmers, boats, skiers, etc)
but I have had cases where they were following a friend who was sking, she fell, and the young idiot had to swerve to miss her. we spun the boat in the wake, picked her up and chased the A$# down.
I could have killed him :mad:

06-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Threadjack

Doo hows your Vengeance skiing? :confused: