PDA

View Full Version : Where is the float for the fuel gauge?

Tuna Cowboy
08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
My fuel gauge always reads full on my 2000 Maristar...anyone ever have this?? Is there a float somewhere that is stuck up?...Thanks

HRC
08-07-2012, 06:37 PM
On my '01 205V, its under the rear bench seat, then pull out the plastic compartment and its right there. I think it takes 6 screws to get it out, just don't do it with a full tank.

Rossterman
08-07-2012, 11:33 PM
My fuel gauge always reads full on my 2000 Maristar...anyone ever have this?? Is there a float somewhere that is stuck up?...Thanks

My 205v shows full until under 1/2 tank and then finally moves. This is due to the sending unit being at the transom end and the bow end of the tank being higher. Thought the gauge was stuck on full and only found out after running the boat for a few days. You can unplug the sender at the tank to check the gauge (should go to empty on the gauge when disconnected).

-V-
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
My 205v shows full until under 1/2 tank and then finally moves. This is due to the sending unit being at the transom end and the bow end of the tank being higher. Thought the gauge was stuck on full and only found out after running the boat for a few days. You can unplug the sender at the tank to check the gauge (should go to empty on the gauge when disconnected).

I have the same situation here. I have even replaced my sending unit. I tried to adjust it but failed (the while waiting thing is not for me) I just know roughly how much I have and never go under 1/4 tank. If I want to know where it is then I open my cover where the drain plug is and look at the tank. I cleaned it well enough to see it. Bought the new sender for $30 if I recall correctly.

It is a metal tube and it does not have a float in it. Someone else can elaborate because I do not know how it works exactly.

By the way, I also have a 2000 Maristar.

Redstorm
08-08-2012, 02:43 AM

205v same issue. Anything you can do or just make sure not to go under 1/2 tank? Been filling tank when needle is at just above 1/2.

mtajpa
08-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Check out this post it should help.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48823&highlight=sender

Rukowh
08-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I have the same issue with my 99 205v. It stays pegged on full. Goes to empty when I turn the key off. I ordered a new sending unit from great lakes skipper via eBay today. It cost 34.99 shipped. Hope it does the trick.