PDA

View Full Version : Where to get wakesurf board racks for this tower??

Tuna Cowboy
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Anyone know where to get the arms for this tower that hold a wakesurf board? I'd like to have one double wakesurf and one wakesurf/wakeboard.
I see they come off with a couple screws on the inside of the tower but I can't find the replacements that hold surfboards.? Can't find the replacement arms at all really....thanks..

deminimis
08-07-2012, 05:41 PM
These guys have quite a selection of rack options: http://www.bulletlines.com/Wakeboard-Tower-Racks-s/2.htm

CCAnderson
08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
that is a New Dimension tower, call them up.

beatle78
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/

I have the same tower. I also will ned wakesurk racks when my new board gets here next week! :)

Let me know what you find for racks.

carlsonwa
08-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I contacted Wayne at New Dimensions early this spring asking him if he ever considered making Surfboard racks for our New Dimension tower's, basically replace the existing forks with wider ones to accomodate.

This was his response;

Him and I have same name so makes the conversation a little tricky to follow.
-------------------------------

New Dimension,

Just curious if you guys make or would be willing to make a set of
wakeboard/ surf board racks for my new dimension tower that I
purchased from you about 3 years ago. I currently have a set of racks
that only hold 4 wakeboards, but recently starting surfing and those
boards are a little thicker.

I attached a photo of a set of racks that my buddy has on his
axis/Malibu boat. Similar idea as yours. Rubber strips between the
fingers. With bungee's to hold everything in.

Wayne,

Thanks for the inquiry,currently I do not have any plans for a Surfboard rack but I might make it a winter project this year as I have gotten quite a few requests for them...............Wayne

What if I was willing to create a cad file for you? I have full solidworks capabilities.

Do you have cnc capabilities?

I do have CNC capability but the problem is I just have one machine and it stays running all day during the season,in the winter I have plenty of time for prototyping.

-------------------------------------
Here's what I had drawn up this spring. I ended up getting a new surfboard that was thinner, that fit inside the wakeboard racks.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/surf-wakeboard1.jpg

Brian B
08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Hang tight folks! I'm in the process of designing a new style board rack that will not damage high end fiberglass boards. It will have multiple size clamp options and will be designed to mount on top of the tower, or to the side!

Give me a couple weeks for renders to be posted. Team Talk will hear about them first!

XtwentyNot
08-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I cut the middle fork out of mine with a saw all and went to work with a dremel. No good pictures however

jafo9
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
i have the oem '02 tower which looks identical to the one pictured above. one of my oem racks was destroyed, so i used on the the krypt racks as a replacement. wasn't hard at all with a tap and die set to get the holes/hardware correct. hard to differentiate from oem unless you really look.

bnixon
08-12-2012, 10:17 PM
There are a ton of surf racks available that will mount on the horizontal brace right above your existing racks. Then you can have both!