PDA

View Full Version : Roam!?

heysteve!
08-30-2005, 02:52 PM
well does any one have a ROAM i was thinking of getting one but idk if i should....well let me hear what u think about the ROAM....i have heard its pretty gnarly but idk yet let me no

east tx skier
08-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Google let me down. What's that?

Leroy
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Need a few more clues on what you are talking about...guess if I had ROAM I would know!

Cary K.
08-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Google let me down. What's that?

http://www.hyperlite.com/testing/index1.htm Then click on Roam.

It is a wakeboard modeled after a snowboard. Wood core, oval shape, super flexible, totally flat on bottom, no fins, no channels, etc. Basically a slider board, but can be used on the wake.

If you hit a lot of rails, it would be super fun, if not, I would get something else, maybe even a LF Fish. Better yet, give up wakeboarding all together and wakeskate. See link below ;)

east tx skier
08-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Even with the vibration absorbing qualities of wood as a positive (and understanding that most snow skis still use wood cores), wood and the water just don't seem like a good long term mating to me.

Cary K.
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Even with the vibration absorbing qualities of wood as a positive (and understanding that most snow skis still use wood cores), wood and the water just don't seem like a good long term mating to me.

Wood is not being used for its absorption properties. It is used for its lively flex. Harder to do that witha composite material. Wakeskates need that snap, and the Roam was designed to flex really hard for contorted rail slides (i.e. nose presses, etc). And all of these products are sealed from the factory to prevent waterlogging/warping/delamination. Granted none of them are marketed for their longevity, but they do last quite a while. Normally they get replaced every year or two to regain their flex/snap that wood looses over time.

east tx skier
08-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Cool, I'm learning. Just bought some new Rossis at the end of last season. They're still using wood cores in most of their skis, too.

MarkP
08-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Google let me down. What's that?:eek: Say it aint so!!!

parks_jr_55
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
If you are going to get one. Get it from here.

http://www.grizzly-sports.com/den/index.htm#wakeboards

I just ordered bindings from here and they shipped fast and were easy to use.