PDA

View Full Version : 87 Pro Star Trailer ?

lakeview190
08-07-2012, 07:05 AM
I have never liked the design of this particular era of MC trailer. Mainly for the reason I can not put the boat on the trailer by myself. Just wondering if anyone has advice for upgrading/changing the bow post configuratinon etc...? Just seems like there should be a better system

mzimme
08-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I have never liked the design of this particular era of MC trailer. Mainly for the reason I can not put the boat on the trailer by myself. Just wondering if anyone has advice for upgrading/changing the bow post configuratinon etc...? Just seems like there should be a better system

I assume you also have that fun little bar? I've learned how to do this by myself, and once you figure it out, it's not too bad. Power the boat on the trailer, and leave the boat in gear with enough power to keep the bow up high. Jump over the windshield and lay on your stomach, and attach the bar up front. Takes a few times getting used to how much power you need on the trailer, but you'll figure it out. Now I'm loading and unloading mine faster than almost anyone at the ramp. People always look at me with blank faces wondering how I do it so fast, haha.

Miss Rita
08-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I have the exact same trailer. While I appreciate the security the strap provides while trailering, it really bothered me that I couldn't load the boat without help. (doing the climbing-over-the-bow trick while the boat is in gear doesn't appeal to me)

Last year I cut off all the old stuff, welded in a new conventional winch post that works great.

Since posting pics on the 'net is a skill that seems to have evaded me, I can't show you much. If you'd like to see what I did feel free to send me a PM and I'll send my pics to your phone or email.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I have the exact same trailer. While I appreciate the security the strap provides while trailering, it really bothered me that I couldn't load the boat without help. (doing the climbing-over-the-bow trick while the boat is in gear doesn't appeal to me)

Last year I cut off all the old stuff, welded in a new conventional winch post that works great.

Since posting pics on the 'net is a skill that seems to have evaded me, I can't show you much. If you'd like to see what I did feel free to send me a PM and I'll send my pics to your phone or email.

C'mom man, give it a try:

1. Click Paperclip icon
2. Click Browse button
3. Locate the picture in your computer and click on it
4. Click Upload button ( to the right of the Browse button)
5. Once picture is uploaded (it will take a moment or two) it will show as Current Attachment
6. Click Close Window button
7. After you have entered text, use Preview Post button to make sure you selected the proper picture.

mc190
08-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I will say it is much easier to do off the iPhone using tap talk. My computer seems to take forever! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occva
08-07-2012, 05:34 PM
No over the windshield for me. I stand beside the boat and reach over to operate the throttle.o

rlyawn
08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
New member and first post.

Are there any drawbacks to the way another ski boat (SN) does their trailer with the "V" catch for the bow and then tied with a turnbuckle. I am lucky enough to have a friend that lets me use his 85 MC but he has a 1992 trailer (when his family bought the boat they had a lake house and I do not know why they did not purchase a trailer other than keeping the boat in the boathouse). I was wanting to redo the trailer this winter as the boat does not sit properly in the front bow support of the trailer. I thought about fabricating a catch like the other boat company uses and making the front bow support work properly but wanted to see what opinions were. Thanks in advance for your help.