PDA

View Full Version : What bindings should I get for Mapple ski?

georgea0731
08-31-2004, 11:20 PM
I just told a guy I'd buy his extra 68" 04 Mapple. It doesn't have any bindings? So what bindings would you guys recommend? O'brien has the new Bio with front laces while the Contact has been around a couple of years with rear laces.
My old ski 1997/84- KD 7000 is better than I am, but I got a great deal so now I have to invest in bindings. If anyone has bindings for sale, let me know (I need mediums).
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm still learning the course at 15 off and 30-32 mph. I make 4-6 about 50% of the time now that I'm letting go with one hand (a huge difference).

NeilM
08-31-2004, 11:22 PM
George, I got the BIOs with my new Mapple, and I think they're great bindings, but I have no experience with the Contacts...

John B
09-01-2004, 12:44 AM
George,I have contacts on my 03 Mapple.The front one ripped last week. :( My 01 Mapple has Force bindings on it and the rear ripped last year. :( Right now I'm skiing my 01 with a front Force and rear Contact. :D
Both of them ripped in the front of the waps.
I think that the front lace will last longer.
If I could find a pair of the Bios I would get them.
The Mapple is a lot of ski. Don't let it the best of you. Be ready to adjust the fin. :D

east tx skier
09-01-2004, 12:01 PM
George, I responded on that other thread. I liked the contacts fine and used them for two seasons without any ripping. But compare my pictures to John B's and our differing experiences make more sense. No info on the Bio bindings. They probably offer more support and comfort to be sure, but I'm curious as to how they release if you get dumped over the front of the ski.

John B has it right --- it's a lot of ski. Very light. Very fast. Loves to be on edge. Also, I've never had such an easy time getting up on a ski as I did on the Mapple.

Just to iterate from the other post. Love the Animals, but don't know if they'll fit the hole pattern on your ski. Heard great things about the Wileys wraps.