PDA

View Full Version : New Fuel Pump Installed.

g-Dog
08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Yesterday I replaced the fuel pump in mey 2002 205V w/380 hrs...and all is well. Based on previous fuel pump posts I bought both the Airtex E2044 and the fuel line disconnect tool from Amazon for $70. Can't beat that. Everything went pretty smoothly. I decided to reuse the existing fuel line since it looked ok (no kinks, etc.). The biggest problem I had was connecting it to the new pump since the line is 1/4" and the pump is 5/16". The old pump was also 5/16" and the line had just been "stretched" to fit. It took a while but I finally got it on the new one and clamped down. I poured a couple cups of gas into the module before I put it back in the tank...bolted down and hooked everyting up and she fired right up. Woohoo! Execpt my woohoo was short lived. Engine wouldn't start the 2nd time I tried. Waited a little bit...fired right up again...and then wouldn't restart. When it wouldn't start I couldn't hear the pump prime when I turned the key to on. I instantly remembered seeing something on this forum about the electrical connector on top of the pump sometimes not getting a good connection. I unplugged and "adjusted" the contactors so that it had a better connection. Problem fixed...fires right up every time. If it wasn't for this site I might still be looking for the problem. Actually, if it wasn't for this site I would have bought a new pump from the dealer.:rolleyes:

SpryBeast
08-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I love stories like this. Glad it worked out.

I keep an Airtex in my garage (and take it with to Powell) for that seeminly inevitable day. However, having not dealt with it yet I've never thought about needing the disconnect tool. I'm looking on Amazon now but the options seem endless. Any suggestion on which to order?

g-Dog
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
I got this one...worked great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRCK6/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

SpryBeast
08-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Ordered, thx.