PDA

View Full Version : Effing Mud Daubers

bikenskijerm
08-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have experience with anything that will stop mud daubers from creating a nice mess in our bimini and cover?

BrianM
08-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I fight the same thing. I have indoor storage but it isnt that tight so they still get inside.

02ProstarSammyD
08-06-2012, 10:50 AM
They sell a dust you can throw out to get rid of them and some sprays. The best way is to keep everything sealed up tight so they can't get in. I always keep a piece of take over my drain hole to keep critters out.

petermegan
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
What sort of critters are we talking about here? Are they a slug or leach? (None in OZ, but may have some ideas)

ntidsl
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Dude I have monster sized ants every weekend!!! And Larvae...I have tried everything!

BrianM
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
What sort of critters are we talking about here? Are they a slug or leach? (None in OZ, but may have some ideas)

A type of wasp.

petermegan
08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I would try some surface spray insecticide. Something not toooooo nasty obviously. If it is inside your garage there is some ant rid granules that you can buy over here, just sprinkle some around.

bikenskijerm
08-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I keep it at a Marina in a covered slip on a pontoon lift. I am going to try a spray of some sort but I don't want it to be overpowering when we are out on the boat.

76S&S
08-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I use a product called Cyper WP or a similar product called Cynoff WP. Mix it in a garden sprayer and spray away. It will keep spiders and mud daubers (my two problems) at bay for 2 - 3 months and then I reapply. My boat has always sat in a boathouse, so I spray the boathouse, walkways and all. I have been extremely please with the results and so have friends that I've shared it with.

Edit: Cyper or Cynoff can be found online easily.

ChandlerR
08-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I have two plastic owls hanging on my dock cause thier supposed to keep bugs/critters at bay. One is covered with spider webs, the other has a big dauber nest in the botom drain hole. So much for that. I do however, have less poop from the big blue herrons than the neighbors dock, so maybe they work for something.