PDA

View Full Version : Dock accessories

StrmChzr
08-06-2012, 04:58 AM
After 5 years of trailering boats to and from lakes in the midwest, I decided to throw down on a slip and boat lift at a local marina about 15 minutes from home. It is frickin' awesome to "on the water" in 20 minutes and has increased our boat usuage more than I ever expected.

Adjacent to our boat slip is a 12' X 28' covered wood deck that we share with a few other familys at the dock. The "party deck" has a grill, picnic table, folding table for food prep, and cabinets for storage. During the NBA Finals in June, I added a 32" flatscreen connected to a batwing antenna. TV didn't get much use in July, but now that Olympics are on, I'm glad its there. Bought a tv cover from tvcoverstore.com/ for $50.

A few winter projects I'm considering for dock are:
1. Board racks with cable locks mounted on dock posts next to boat
2. LED lights: more rope lights for deck and maybe underwater lights in slip and in swimming area from Oznium.com
3. The Tailgater from DishTV

What accessories have you added to your dock to extend the amount of time and/or comfort level when lakeside?

2RLAKE
08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
i have a sump pump under my dock for water ... wash the boat down every weekend. I went out footing with the boyz yesterday morning and when i came back there was my wife washing the boat because "it just wasn't sparking" ... got to love that

how about a couple of wakeboard benches? Are you allowed to have a small storage bin ... there is always stuff to put in there

Rockman
08-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Alright, all this talk...let's see some pics! :D

StrmChzr
08-08-2012, 04:49 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5764/photo19sh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/photo19sh.jpg/)

Horrible pic but all I've got.

JDC
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Horrible pic but all I've got.An open air "Man cave"! Looks great!
Got a small refrigerator?

mikeg205
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
dunno....where's the fridge? and 42" TV... :) just sayin....

Dylan
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
It's probably for the best that I don't have access to such facilities, as I would never go home!

Traxx822
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
It's probably for the best that I don't have access to such facilities, as I would never go home!

I second that. I would get nothing done. But maybe a water trampoline. swim platform or something.

CruisinGA
08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Pretty hard to have too much storage on a dock...

Sound system is always a necessity!

Ice maker!