PDA

View Full Version : First Barefoot behind the 85 S&S

xtnkshun
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks to all the TT'ers out there who gave me advice and ideas...and to those whose threads I read over and over. With your help, I have her running pretty good. And with the glassy water in the morning, I thought I'd give it a shot. So glad that I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFx9JMFqm20

madcityskier
08-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Nice boat, nice run. Was the camera balanced, or did you have an observer?

tex
08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Love the top end of those...and they handle like an f'n go kart!

xtnkshun
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Nice boat, nice run. Was the camera balanced, or did you have an observer?

Thanks and Thanks.

Its a GoPro with a suction cup mount on the windshield. BEST money I've ever spent on a camera. I love it!

xtnkshun
08-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Love the top end of those...and they handle like an f'n go kart!

Definitely! Only problem is that I am NOT what people are looking at when I go by :)

barefoot
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Nice run!

Do you have a mirror so he doesn't have to keep looking over his shoulder?

thatsmrmastercraft
08-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Definitely! Only problem is that I am NOT what people are looking at when I go by :)

I have that same problem when I'm out in my boat. Great looking ride!

xtnkshun
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Nice run!

Do you have a mirror so he doesn't have to keep looking over his shoulder?

Haha. Yeah, it was early and muggy and the front windshield kept fogging up. So he was already standing to see out the front. Was surprised that the GoPro stayed mounted with all the moisture.

xtnkshun
08-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I have that same problem when I'm out in my boat. Great looking ride!

Price we pay for having hot women.

JaredOSU
12-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Did you do anything to the engine? Or does the 85 S&S have a fast top end?

madcityskier
12-19-2012, 12:18 AM
S&S should run 44-45 stock with a light load. I'm big fella (285lbs) and I'm still able to foot with it, though I'm a boom guy these days. Don't have a barefoot suit any more, and some torn ligaments in the knee keep me from being able to do a one foot for fear of what the pressure did to me the last time I tried to step off. For the rare time I do go, I can't justify buying a barefoot suit.
Your boat should be running about the same speed.
Issues?
If so start with what prop you're running, what condition is it in? How's the engine running? What are your rpm wot? How much stuff is in the boat? Any wonky behavior from the engine?