PDA

View Full Version : Thanks MasterCraft

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Dear MC,

As we rapidly approach Labor Day Weekend and the unoffical end of summer, I'd just like to say thanks for the great product you provided our family. We put about 80-90 hours on our 1987 PS 190 this summer. Granted it's not the newest kid on the block, but it still runs strong and turns some heads. Considering we really only get out on the weekends, this was a lot of usage for us, not mention we had a new little guy with us this summer. He loves the boat, frequently falls asleep on it, make vroom-vroom noises and always wants to drive. We had to do some manitenance (as is normal) at the begining of the season (new intake/exhaust manifolds--THANKS JimN!!!) but since then we've changed the oil and that has been it. Everything is working great and we get many positive comments at the gas station and our river. We will continue to take advantage of our warm southern climate and ski/boat into the fall. But, with all the negativity lately on Team Talk let us be the first to thank you for making our summer with our new son one we won't soon forget.

Here are a few memories we'd like to share from our summer.

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Teaching our nephew Robert (4 yrs) old to ski.

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Vacation on Lake Gaston in NC.

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Our daughter Brianna learned to stand up on her beloved kneeboard.

OhioProstar
08-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Great Stuff Brian!!!

River Rat
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Now this is the kind of threads I like to read!!!

Thanks MC we had a great summer with ours as well! :banana: :banana:

DanC
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Nice Brian, ditto here. 2003 Mastercraft with over 200 hours and three houseboat trips. Good times, good times.

Hey, that standing up on the kneeboard is not an easy trick, nice job Brianna :headbang:

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey, that standing up on the kneeboard is not an easy trick, nice job Brianna :headbang:
Thanks Dan, you just made her day. She has a big grin on her face. :)

milkmania
08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Great Post BriEOD:headbang:

Here's more proof they're doing something right
http://www.writeonrice.com/98visitors.jpg

ski_king
08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Great pictures Brian!!

I to have to thank MasterCraft for all the great times my boat has given me.

My daughters who are about to turn 15 and 18 love skiing and the boat and look for any good reason to get out in it. (ya gotta love them for that!) Our boat is the only one they know and they love it.
As of last week I had the boat now for 23 years. I thought of upgrading a few times to a new or newer one, but in the end couldnt really find a good reason to make the change since this one is serving me so well.

MC, maybe you make your boats too good?

bradamerry
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Great shots Brian. MC has been doing it right since about 68' as far as I'm concerned!!!! ;)

east tx skier
08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Brian thanks for brining things back to square 1. My thanks go out to MC as well. My season usually doesn't wind up until November, so I have a few hours to make up before I'm done. It's been a great season so far.

Mag_Red
08-29-2005, 06:06 PM
:wavey: Great Post Brian! Tell your daughter Mag Red likes to stand on his knee board too. :D

bradamerry
08-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Dang that toob makes alot of spray... :D

DanC
08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks Dan, you just made her day. She has a big grin on her face. :)

I know that smile :D There is nothing better than putting a smile on a kid's face. Thanks for making MY day.

Just got my 10 year old niece up on a kneeboard for the first time this weekend. She is missing 2/3s of both her feet (staph infection and coma as a newborn) and was feeling down and unaccomplished. She did a beach start on the first try and she wouldn't let go for 15 minutes. She wouldn't stop talking the whole weekend :purplaugh god bless her little soul. Sunday night my sister said she must have watched the video tape 20 times. :D

BigBarney
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I am envious B. Can't wait until next summer when I can show pics of my girls. But there is no way I am letting the boy touch my steering wheel now. Too much drool.

Ric
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Great shots BriEOD!
THAT is what it's all about.

mitch
08-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Very nice Brian. Just got the last of my 3 kids up on a slalom ski 2 weeks ago behind our MC. Taught them all and my wife to get up on one ski, both feet in, and they never had to drop a ski to learn. :D

bcampbe7
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Great pics Brian! Great job Brianna! Standing on a kneeboard is very difficult.
My 10 year old niece has spent most of the Summer with us and has learned to wakeboard, wakeskate, and slalom ski! All behind the MC!
I had more fun teaching her to wakeboard and ski than I did skiing myself.
:woohoo:

bcampbe7
08-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Victoria slaloming!

bcampbe7
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Member of the Ski club behind his PS197. He is also the previous owner of Stevo's 93 SS.

ProStarMike
08-29-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/kidsinboat.JPG

Here are two (of three) kids that were fired up to bring home the new Mastercraft a few months ago! My neighbors think it is funny that the kids don't call it "the boat", they call it "the Mastercraft"! :)

-- Mike

stevo137
08-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Member of the Ski club behind his PS197. He is also the previous owner of Stevo's 93 SS.
Great pic Beau!
Tell D that we said hello.
(By the way, I believe that is a TT with the LQ9).
Looks like it runs great! ;)

bcampbe7
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
(By the way, I believe that is a TT with the LQ9).
Looks like it runs great! ;)

You are correct!
It is one sweet ride!

NeilM
08-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Great thread, Brian. Yeah, I guess we all b*tch about some of the stuff on our boats (ballast pumps from hell, chinese-puzzle seatbottoms, etc), but, overall, they are a source of a lot of fun. My kids are 22 and 25 and still find time to spend at least a week with their mom & dad... we'd like to think it's us, but in part, it's the watersports behind the MC.. I'm now coming up on 480 hours (touch wood somewhere) and who knows how many thousands of liters of fuel without a major problem.

BriEOD
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
I know that smile :D There is nothing better than putting a smile on a kid's face. Thanks for making MY day.

Just got my 10 year old niece up on a kneeboard for the first time this weekend. She is missing 2/3s of both her feet (staph infection and coma as a newborn) and was feeling down and unaccomplished. She did a beach start on the first try and she wouldn't let go for 15 minutes. She wouldn't stop talking the whole weekend :purplaugh god bless her little soul. Sunday night my sister said she must have watched the video tape 20 times. :D

God bless her is right!! My heart really goes out to people like that, especially the kids. Seeing someone like that is very humbling and really puts things into perspective. That's fantastic that she had a good time!!

RickDV
08-29-2005, 11:17 PM
I bought my MasterCraft last fall, so this is my first season with it. I have owned boats for years, but the MC took everything to a new level.

Many of you have kids who are still young enough think "dad can do anything." A 19 year old teenager rarely wants to spend time with dad. My 19 year old son and I spend a lot of time with the boat, both with our family and often with his friends. Our relationship is better than ever and I have gotten to know his friends on a level I would never have done before.

This would not have happened without a quality ski boat like our ProStar 190, so THANK YOU MASTERCRAFT!!

bcampbe7
08-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I bought my MasterCraft last fall, so this is my first season with it. I have owned boats for years, but the MC took everything to a new level.

Many of you have kids who are still young enough think "dad can do anything." A 19 year old teenager rarely wants to spend time with dad. My 19 year old son and I spend a lot of time with the boat, both with our family and often with his friends. Our relationship is better than ever and I have gotten to know his friends on a level I would never have done before.

This would not have happened without a quality ski boat like our ProStar 190, so THANK YOU MASTERCRAFT!!

That's awesome Rick!

stevo137
08-29-2005, 11:34 PM
You are correct!
It is one sweet ride!
That line looks a bit long though...
Tell D to step it up a bit'... ;)

X45owner
08-29-2005, 11:57 PM
BriEOD, I have to commend you on your thread. Your positive approach seems to have reminded many on this site what it's all about, GOOD TIMES. We purchased a 2005 X45 this year and have 77 hours on it. My wife, 10yr old, 8yr old are all jumping the wake and riding switch. My 2yr old loves to wakesurf with me. All that said this summer, by far, has been the best family time we have had together. We've been married for 15 years and things just keep getting better!

Farmer Ted
08-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Big summer for everyone!

I've run out of stuff to ride, Jen mentioned something about a Sky Ski the other day.....

bradamerry
08-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Great summer, but we are just getting started!!!! :dance:

bradamerry
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Big summer for everyone!

I've run out of stuff to ride, Jen mentioned something about a Sky Ski the other day.....
Farmer, looks like she has been listening to her Uncle Wildman!!!! Go Jen.... :D

DanC
08-30-2005, 01:08 AM

Outstanding Rick.

Exactly why, after 18 years of closed bow direct drives, I went to the Mastercraft 209 open bow. A lot of fun being the unnoticed driver with a boat load of 16-19 year olds. And you know where you stand with your kids when they still insist that you take a run in front of their peers. (in my case they want me to slalom when they want me to impress them, barefoot when they want to entertain them and wakeboard when they flat out want to make fun of me. :D )

erkoehler
08-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Little late on this thread, but I was working to pay for the MC! :D This too is my first summer with the MC, and it has been great. I have met many great new people both on and off the board, and have spent almost 100 hrs out on the boat skiing, boarding, tricking, footin, and no toobing to this point!!!!

I even taught my 5 year old cousin to take off her shoes before she climbs on to the trailer fender to pull herself into the boat when I am cleaning it. It is the funniest thing when the neighbors watch her do it and question her about it. She says, "this is the mastercraft, and we don't wear shoes in the mastercraft!" God, she is great :D

I have went from combo trick skis and beginner wakeboard to barefooting longline and slalom trick in the matter of one summer. It has been fun.

Thanks MC!

:toast:

phecksel
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Ended up with the beautiful 197, by accident. Sold my beautiful TriStar anticipating purchasing a 2000 SN. Owner pulled out of the deal and boned me on my deposit. So I bought the '03. Beautiful boat, always receive compliments, and except for a couple of minor issues, been extremely pleased with my second MasterCraft!

SteveO
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow, This thread is what I signed on to the board for. Thanks Brian. I too have had a great Summer in and around my MC and will never forget many of the moments. It has allowed me to create an activity with my 7 year old daughter that is priceless.

boatless
08-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, thanks MC.. For nothing !!! Because TMC didn't convince my wife well enough to get the X9 I wanted. Instead we end up with another pontoon. :rant: Now, I have to wait another year to get me an MC. :noface:

east tx skier
08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Great pic, phecksel.

erkoehler
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Boatless, just about this time last summer I was in your shoes. Except I didn't even have a pontoon :eek:

jraben8
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Outstanding Rick.

And you know where you stand with your kids when they still insist that you take a run in front of their peers. (in my case they want me to slalom when they want me to impress them, barefoot when they want to entertain them and wakeboard when they flat out want to make fun of me. :D )

I may have to steal this quote for my tag line. This is so perfect. My kids are still young enough not to know that I'm not great at any one thing behind the boat but good enough to show how a lot of it is done and teach most of it. And when the boat stops they always ask if I want to go first...

Thank you MasterCraft...

rodltg2
08-30-2005, 02:13 PM
thanks mc for a producing a high quality boat in 93 that kept me on the water while my 04 made numereous trips to service. i wish i still had that boat.

caden
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Great summer!!!
Our family has spent many happy hours on the water this summer.
(A couple of unhappy ones but that was another thread)
We have taught several friends' kids how to ski this year. Its great to see the excitment when they get up for the 1st time.
My 14 year old daughter got up on 1 ski for the 1st time last weekend!!!!!
And my 11 year old son is so close.
Should have bought a boat years ago.
We still have a few more weeks of fun left before its time to put the boat away.

boatless
08-30-2005, 03:46 PM
caden,

Thanks for reminding me that we only have a few more weeks til no boating season !!!! :uglyhamme

Leroy
08-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Time for a new name boatless!

caden,

Thanks for reminding me that we only have a few more weeks til no boating season !!!! :uglyhamme

boatless
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Leroy,

Why ? I like the name boatless, beside pontoon does not consider a boat. :D What name do you think I should change to ?

River Rat
08-30-2005, 04:33 PM
I got em standing in line to ride behind MY MC :woohoo:

Leroy
08-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Boatless; You're right, I was considering a toon a boat. Probably good as any name while still in the quest for your MC.

RickDV
08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Leroy,

Why ? I like the name boatless, beside pontoon does not consider a boat. :D What name do you think I should change to ?

How 'bout "Sad Toon"?? ;)

AirJunky
08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
A gal I work with calls her "The Pontoon Saloon".

jmyers
08-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I got em standing in line to ride behind MY MC :woohoo:
That looks like a Nautique, that's not yours in the picture is it? :confused:

The Governor
08-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Great thread BriEOD! I too have been enjoying my summer with a boat.....and not just any boat, but a MasterCraft! I am very thankful I went this route for my first boat. Straight to the top!

My wife and I, and our friends have been enjoying it since I bought it. And we plan on using it in our warm lakes deep into the fall.

I still have a few more things to take care on her, restoration wise, and I still need to add a tower.

But all in time! I'm just happy I have the boat.

Looking forward to many many good times on my MasterCraft!

Gov :D

Gofast
08-30-2005, 06:29 PM
What can you add to a thread like this?

This is our second MC. I say ours because it is a family centered activity. The wife and kids all love to hit the lake. We all enjoy the time spent floating and boarding.

It's an activity that keeps my High School age kids hanging out with me on the weekends and inviting thier friends over. I get to be a an invisable monitor into part of thier life. The things you here them talk about... Anyway we love it.

So Thanks Mastercraft for my helping make so many memories.

( You TT guys are pretty cool too )

Rob

jmyers
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM
I went through 2 and half summers working on my "82" Nautique which really put a damper on boating when I kept telling my wife and especially my 4 year old son we were going out on the boat only to be towed in more than once!! This summer after July 4th when we got the MC X9 everything changed, now my son and wife always ask if we are going with excitement and the boat never let's us down. I am truly thankful to have our MC and am sooo glad I made that step!!! Thankyou to MC and all the MC owners out there for making our purchase one of the best I've made, because it wasn't real easy to the wife to approve of another boat!! They say the best two days of a boat owners life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it, and that really shouldn't be the case!!!!!!! Thanks again MC!! :smile:

BriEOD
08-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm glad to hear all of these great stories/comments. I hope all of our "visitors" get a peep at this and more importantly some of the guys (no sexual connotation implied) at the factory read some of these.

sully
08-30-2005, 11:09 PM
This has been a great summer for us as well. My wife is consistently getting up on two ski’s with no trouble and starting to cross the wake. Our son continues to get more confidence wake boarding. For me I was trying to catch with slalom skiing after having to take last summer off (long story short, screws + plates + wrist).

But it was great summer thanks to our MariStar 210. I feel sorry for our dealer because we never have to bring it! It has the smoothest running engine I have ever driven.
Also we love the second half of boating season when all the part timers are done and we can ski and board with much less traffic!

Thanks Mastercraft! :worthy:

Col. Potter
08-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Purchased my 05 X2 in July. I sold by IO directly and ran as fast as humanily possible to Williams Brothers in Shell Knob, Mo. Thanks April and Dave you have truly made our summer. I have never been on to go out on a holiday weekend, must be the cop in me as all I see is the drinkers etc. Anyway, we love our MC so much we can't pass up a long weekend, so we are headed to Tablerock as soon as my high school sophmore gets home from school.

And Boatless, you can hook up with me anytime, I would be more than happy to drag you and everyone else on that toon around the lake.

boatless
08-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Col. Potter,

For real ? You are going to let me go for a ride on your MC !! I think I am going to cry.. Thank you MC.

Can I drive instead ? :steering:

jimmer2880
09-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Awsome Thread.

Here's to watching the fireworks from the boat! We sure racked up a ton of memories this summer on our MC!

jimmer2880
09-01-2005, 07:28 AM
And - here's to first ski rides.... Love that Zip Sled!

MarkP
09-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Awsome Thread.

Here's to watching the fireworks from the boat! We sure racked up a ton of memories this summer on our MC!
Jimmer

Is that down on your river. What fireworks are around Dam 4?

jimmer2880
09-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Jimmer

Is that down on your river. What fireworks are around Dam 4?

Yes, it is. Every year the club I belong to (about 550 members) opens their gates to the public & charges everyone over 12 $2.00. Every penny of the proceedes purchase the following year's fireworks display. We get a several thousand non-members. That's one day every year I look forward to. Been watching them since I was a wee tyke. It's professionally done and usually lasts anywhere from 20 - 40 minutes. Nothing in comparision to what the county sets off at the Antietam National Battlefield, but it's the only set around here you can watch from the boat without going to Lake Anna or DC/Annapolis.

River Rat
09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
That looks like a Nautique, that's not yours in the picture is it? :confused:

:rant: Are you trying to say my boat looks UGLY...Thats the first time anyone said my MC looked bad. :rant:

jmyers
09-01-2005, 01:39 PM
:rant: Are you trying to say my boat looks UGLY...Thats the first time anyone said my MC looked bad. :rant:
No, first off Nautiques are nice looking boat (I think) it is just the gel coat style looked like the Nautique but I did see an MC with that after I posted that! It was just not a clear picture, sorry for the wrong info, boat looks just fine!! :) :headbang:

River Rat
09-01-2005, 01:48 PM
:uglyhamme well........ok I'll forgive you this time.:uglyhamme

River Rat
09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Here is a better pict.

jmyers
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Here is a better pict.
Much better, now I see it!! :D Here is one of mine finaly thanks to someone elses camera, thanks Rod! And nice looking boat River Rat!!! :worthy:

River Rat
09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Love them colors….. Very sharp looking boat. Good to see that little one having fun in the water. I have 4 from 20yrs down to 9yrs and every one is a water bug, and I wouldn’t have it any other way :headbang: :headbang: