PDA

View Full Version : Stargazer Upgrade

sebita
08-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi,

I just upgraded my PP to Stargazer (2007 197TT)
Now that I took the paddle wheel out, the Analog speedo and the lake temp. feature are of course not working.
Is there a fix to this? If I re-install the paddle wheel, how and where to connect the whole thing?
Any thoughts are appreciated
Seb

CantRepeat
08-04-2012, 08:12 AM
I would email the guys at PP.

http://www.perfectpass.com/?q=contactus

snork
08-04-2012, 08:39 AM
They have an App for that :)

east tx skier
08-04-2012, 10:52 AM
When I started writing this, I quickly realized this wasn't going to help. But I'm already writing. So . . . On a cable throttle system, if you put the paddle wheel back in and connect it, you will get lake water temp back. But with your gateway box, that's a good question. I just removed the paddle wheel and put a depth finder in its place. But your setup is more integrated than was mine.

macattack
08-04-2012, 02:04 PM
If I remember correctly when I upgraded from PP to SG in my 2005 PS 197, it was a simple plug & play with the new module, wiring harness to the ECM and an additional wire/connector for the GPS puck. I left my paddle wheel in and everything worked as advertised. I would put your paddle wheel back in and plug it into the original conector and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, shoot us a pic and maybe we can help sort it out...mac

mcmx2
08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
If I remember correctly when I upgraded from PP to SG in my 2005 PS 197, it was a simple plug & play with the new module, wiring harness to the ECM and an additional wire/connector for the GPS puck. I left my paddle wheel in and everything worked as advertised. I would put your paddle wheel back in and plug it into the original conector and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, shoot us a pic and maybe we can help sort it out...mac

What Mac said,

I have the same boat as Mac. when I installed SG I left the paddle wheel in and it still runs the analog speedometer and gives the water temp.