PDA

View Full Version : New 1995 PS 190 Sammy Duval Series

debecker13
08-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Thought I would make my first post to the site now that I have my "new to me" MasterCraft at my house. Using the boat here in Northern Colorado, with the boat running smooth so far. I do have several questions about small items that i would like to fix on the boat, but thought I would first just send a picture and say hello.

east tx skier
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Welcome. Can't wait to see your boat. Don't hesitate to ask questions. If we can, we're happy to help.

jraben8
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Ask away. These guys love to help...

debecker13
08-29-2005, 04:36 PM
I guess the picture was too large to post, I'll have to work on that.

I have seen a lot of discussion about the faulty fuel sending units, but have yet to find a remedy to the situation. My gauge is constantly reading about 1/4 full. Never changes, until the power is off (goes to empty), or when I disconnected the wires to the sending unit (it went to empty then also). On my 1995 PS 190, what part do I need to purchase to replace the sending unit, and where can I purchase the product. Skidim does not carry the right part. Do you have to remove the fuel tank from under the fiberglass deck in the back to replace the sending unit? Any advise or direction, to another thread, or suppliers site would be appreciated.

Thanks

bradamerry
08-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Congrats and welcome... :wavey:

east tx skier
08-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I guess the picture was too large to post, I'll have to work on that.

I have seen a lot of discussion about the faulty fuel sending units, but have yet to find a remedy to the situation. My gauge is constantly reading about 1/4 full. Never changes, until the power is off (goes to empty), or when I disconnected the wires to the sending unit (it went to empty then also). On my 1995 PS 190, what part do I need to purchase to replace the sending unit, and where can I purchase the product. Skidim does not carry the right part. Do you have to remove the fuel tank from under the fiberglass deck in the back to replace the sending unit? Any advise or direction, to another thread, or suppliers site would be appreciated.

Thanks

You will find detailed instructions here as soon as someone smarter than me answers the question. Here's a preview. Something to do with shaving the little pieces in the unit or messing with the magnets. Replaced mine and got the new part from a MC dealer (you're right, skidim doesn't have it). The part was about $80.

PeteS
08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Congratulations! You now own, in my opinion, one of the best driving and skiing MC of all time. If you haven't skied it yet, you are in for a treat. Welcome!

debecker13
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Here is a test picture to see if I figured this thing out. 1995 Sammy Duval PS190.

east tx skier
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice lookin' boat!

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Very nice and congrats debecker!!! What part of Northern Colorado do you live in? I lived in Greeley, CO for about 20 years.

debecker13
11-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Girlfriend learning to drive and an interior shot

debecker13
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys! The more time I spend looking around this site the more tinkering I do and the more parts I buy.

I live in Fort Collins, work in Greeley... boat on Horsetooth res. (only 5 minutes from the house).

Which lake in the greeley area did you use?

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Very nice DB! That interior design looks awful familiar :cool:

I'll be the first here to mention to you that we do have a swimsuit thread available for "viewing and proper posting" pleasure. Feel free to contribute there :D

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys! The more time I spend looking around this site the more tinkering I do and the more parts I buy.

I live in Fort Collins, work in Greeley... boat on Horsetooth res. (only 5 minutes from the house).

Which lake in the greeley area did you use?

Empire Reservoir out near Wiggins. Git ya some private water my friend, your back and spleen will love you for it. :D

Where do you work in Greality if I may ask? Feel free to PM if you want.

Kevin 89MC
11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
That is a really nice boat! Congrats, and welcome aboard. I'd love to see some interior shots. I remember seeing one at the dealer in '95 when I picked up my '89. I remember thinking how it stood out a bit from the "regular" '95s. :worthy:
You may want to spend some time surfing this site, there's a good chance many of your questions have been answered in the past. If not, it probably will be, there's a TON of knowledge in these here parts!
Enjoy! :steering:
Kevin

Jim@BAWS
11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Probably a inside joke by now...is that a original MC trailer under that
boat?

HA HA HA :woohoo:

Jim@BAWS

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
boat?

Jim@BAWS

Ahh........... a wise guy see....... :wavey:

debecker13
11-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I have plenty more interior shots and will post them when I have a chance. It takes me forever to resize them to be able to attach to a post. I have already abused the local knowledge for many of my questions that have come up. I changed the spark plugs, cleaned the flame arrestor, changed the oil, and winterized the boat on my own. I have a new impeller in hand just have to do the swap. I have also ordered a new temp sending unit. Should be like new in no time.

The tandem trailer I believe is a bonus for purchasing the boat. The guy I bought it from bought the trailer new only 2-3 years ago and pulls really well. Very funny Jim@BAWS....

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
I have plenty more interior shots and will post them when I have a chance. It takes me forever to resize them to be able to attach to a post. I have already abused the local knowledge for many of my questions that have come up. I changed the spark plugs, cleaned the flame arrestor, changed the oil, and winterized the boat on my own. I have a new impeller in hand just have to do the swap. I have also ordered a new temp sending unit. Should be like new in no time.

The tandem trailer I believe is a bonus for purchasing the boat. The guy I bought it from bought the trailer new only 2-3 years ago and pulls really well. Very funny Jim@BAWS....

Its never abuse my friend. We all get a kick out of helping out fellow MC owners.

Did you change the trans fluid too?

BTW, you have a PM :cool:

debecker13
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I didn't change the tranny fluid yet. I don't own a pump and am not quite sure how to do the work anyway. I believe I just pump out the fluid and replace with Dexron II??? There's no harm in doing this in the spring is there?

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I didn't change the tranny fluid yet. I don't own a pump and am not quite sure how to do the work anyway. I believe I just pump out the fluid and replace with Dexron II??? There's no harm in doing this in the spring is there?

Thats correct. Personally if I just bought a boat I'd do it right away (unless you know the prior owner just did it)

Kevin 89MC
11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
I have a new impeller in hand just have to do the swap.
At the risk of being labelled the "paint can opener guy", get a paint can opener for removing the impeller. (I've been recommending it frequently here). Its the old fashioned kind made from a rod, with a beer can opener at one end and a small hook on the other end. Slide the hooked end in between the vanes, hook the back of the impeller, and pull out. I used two, one will probably do the trick. It sure beats trying to grab it with pliers, etc.
Good luck,
Kevin

6ballsisall
11-02-2005, 07:15 PM
At the risk of being labelled the "paint can opener guy", get a paint can opener for removing the impeller. (I've been recommending it frequently here). Its the old fashioned kind made from a rod, with a beer can opener at one end and a small hook on the other end. Slide the hooked end in between the vanes, hook the back of the impeller, and pull out. I used two, one will probably do the trick. It sure beats trying to grab it with pliers, etc.
Good luck,
Kevin

Beer can opener guy :uglyhamme

erkoehler
11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Great looking boat, great looking driver, whats up with the trailer??? :uglyhamme Just kidding, looks like an awesome setup. I like the white backed gauges.

PendO
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
boat?

Jim@BAWS

Jim, don't steal Erk's thunder:)

debecker13
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the tip on the paint can opener... I saw it on another thread earlier. Hopefully it makes things easier than it sounds. That is a good lookin driver isn't it... I'll have to tell her that later.

debecker13
11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
More pics of the interior

Kevin 89MC
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Beer can opener guy :uglyhamme
Alright! I'll take "beer can opener guy" over "paint can opener guy"! Good idea! Okay, who wants a beer? I've got 2 openers! It's almost friday, and it's noon somewhere! :toast:

skisix@38
11-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Always great to see more CO skiers. I went to school in Ft. Fun and learned to ski on Boyd and Horsetooth. Great places but very crowded. There is some private water up in that area, Wellington lakes and fossil creek are some lakes nearby, there's also one in Windsor and if you want to enter competitive skiing there's two man made lakes in Windsor, Laku Landing.

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Nice! You got the Vette motor! What is your top end on that bad boy? Which prop youusing?

stumbledog
11-03-2005, 01:04 PM
The young lady I dated, before I got married, had the exact same boat. I fell in love with Mastercraft then, and it took me almost 7 yrs to get the '93 I have now.

I still can't believe I left her and the boat when I did (It was only August!).

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
The young lady I dated, before I got married, had the exact same boat. I fell in love with Mastercraft then, and it took me almost 7 yrs to get the '93 I have now.

I still can't believe I left her and the boat when I did (It was only August!).

You are nuts!! You left a slim that had a MC? Stumble, stumble c'mon my man where is your priorities :D

debecker13
11-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I only bought the boat this summer, about the second week of August. So I didn't even look into a private lake this year. Fossil Creek is now a "bird sanctuary", no boating there, and I can never find any info on the other private lakes in the area other than Laku. Any ideas on where to look?

Yes it is the LT-1 with a powerslot, original OJ 14 x 18 prop. I actually was having trouble with the top end, but am making some progress. I was only turning about 4000 rpms and getting 40 mph wot. I changed the plugs and cleaned the arrester and am now at 44 mph and around 4600 rpm. I think it has a little left in it, but haven't figured out what to tinker with next... possibly changing the fuel filter.

erkoehler
11-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I only bought the boat this summer, about the second week of August. So I didn't even look into a private lake this year. Fossil Creek is now a "bird sanctuary", no boating there, and I can never find any info on the other private lakes in the area other than Laku. Any ideas on where to look?

Yes it is the LT-1 with a powerslot, original OJ 14 x 18 prop. I actually was having trouble with the top end, but am making some progress. I was only turning about 4000 rpms and getting 40 mph wot. I changed the plugs and cleaned the arrester and am now at 44 mph and around 4600 rpm. I think it has a little left in it, but haven't figured out what to tinker with next... possibly changing the fuel filter.

Check to make sure that the fuel pump is operating correctly, clean fuel filter, and did you gap those spark plugs correctly?

darkbrown
11-08-2005, 11:08 PM
welcome aboard,...........have the same boat with a 1:1 trans and went to a four balde 13 X 13.5 (about the same overall as yours). It seems to like 4650rpm or so at 46mph regardless of timing/tune or fuel.