PDA

View Full Version : 07 mcx misfire mystery

thamax
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
New to the forum and if anyone could help would be great my 07 xstar 5.7 MCX mpi is throwing a 65591 FM: 7 mechanical misfire cyl 1 at high rpm like above 4500 only otherwise totally fine. dealer replaced spark plugs, wires, coil, module, cap, rotor, ignition module and the fuel pump is a airtex 2065 that holds 55 psi right at key on it runs strong in all other aspects of use but about 38 mph is when it happens and jumps in safe mode flashes check engine and limited to 3000 rpm. i own a indmar tech manual and diacom software, somewhat capable well i like to think so the dealer is at a loss on this and just started changing parts and none of them are bad they say my fuel module is the next thing to change how solid is the fuel pressure suppose to be when the regulator opens cause it var 2-3 psi for 55-58 ?? any other pointers would be great or something i am missing

snork
08-02-2012, 01:04 PM
replace knock sensor?

thamax
08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Both are brand new knock sensors along with oil and water sensors knock sensors detect detention not misfires that is done between the cam position sensor and Crank sensor by measuring the difference between the and also through the coil module also the motor has solid compression at 100 psi all the way around doing a leak down test tomorrow and 13 inches of vacuum at idle

thamax
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
the screws that hold the rotor down in the distributor where not properly tighten dealer claims it was installed as whole unit at the time and never opened so i put some blue loctite on them and tighten them down 15 hrs of run time and good so far

thamax
08-26-2012, 02:09 PM
the loose rotor issue didn't fix my problem i talked with larry at indmar via this website and hats off to him! he decided for me to do a misfire reflash so i sent my ecm back to they had less then a day turn around and didn't even charge me for the work now thats customer service and all well since reflash thanks again larry.

Thrall
08-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Indmar was very helpful to me when I had ECM isuues too. Glad to hear they still have good customer service for MC customers even with MC's switch to Ilmor.

CantRepeat
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
the loose rotor issue didn't fix my problem i talked with larry at indmar via this website and hats off to him! he decided for me to do a misfire reflash so i sent my ecm back to they had less then a day turn around and didn't even charge me for the work now thats customer service and all well since reflash thanks again larry.

If you had the DIACOM software he could have just emailed you the .CAL file and you could have flashed it yourself.

Regardless, glad you got it fixed.

If you don't mind me asking where did you pick up the software?

thamax
08-27-2012, 07:50 PM
yeah i was an idiot and bought the consumer version so i don't have the choice so everyone knows there is 2 versions of diacom out there consumer and dealer

GoneBoatN
08-27-2012, 10:56 PM
... so everyone knows there is 2 versions of diacom out there consumer and dealer

That is good to know because I was considering purchasing it. Thanks for passing it on.

thamax
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
If you don't mind me asking where did you pick up the software?

Software was from Michigan motorz

CantRepeat
09-13-2012, 11:37 PM
yeah i was an idiot and bought the consumer version so i don't have the choice so everyone knows there is 2 versions of diacom out there consumer and dealer

Really? Did Rhinda confirm this and if so, what is the difference in the two?

thamax
09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
no personal experience after buying the diacom and its hardware not software that's different but without the right cable no reflash is allowed

mtajpa
09-15-2012, 06:09 PM

There is a reason they got this award.
http://www.indmar.com/company/news/12-09-12/Indmar_Marine_Engines_is_the_Only_Inboard_Manufact urer_Awarded_the_2012_Customer_Satisfaction_Index_ Award_by_the_NMMA.aspx

Larry is a big part of it. Thanks again Larry from all of us. You always there when some one needs an answer.