PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to end it all

willyt
08-02-2012, 10:06 AM
that's right. I'm going to take a chic fil a chicken strip, headed by a intolerant bigoted COO, and dip it in some ben & jerry's ice cream, headed by bleeding heart tree hugging liberals.

I'm pretty sure the universe will explode.

milkmania
08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
that's right. I'm going to take a chic fil a chicken strip, headed by a intolerant bigoted COO, and dip it in some ben & jerry's ice cream, headed by bleeding heart tree hugging liberals.

huh?
I can't tell whether your for or against Dan Cathy's statement:(

personally, I think he's entitled to his opinion.... as I am entitled whether or not that I use his product
Me????
I'magonna eat more Chikin:D

aquaman
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

I support Chik'ns rights ........and the Right of Chik Fil-A to voice their opinion + beliefs without political harassment by the Mayors of Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, and SFranciscon. :mad:

JimN
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Amateur! It wouldn't be the same without bacon!

JBrew
08-02-2012, 10:37 AM
An exert from a great article on this subject.

"First off, what is marriage? To traditionalists, marriage is the joining of a man and a woman, as ordained by God. To secularists, and as a practical matter, marriage is a civil contract between two people. Marriage provides for such things as the transfer of wealth between spouses, visitation and other rights when a spouse is ill or dying, the sharing of common assets, and the distribution of those assets in the event of divorce.

The practical aspects of marriage are things all people should be free to do without the government’s blessing. People have the natural right to assemble and associate as they will, and that includes contracts for the sharing of assets. They have the right to handle their bodies as they will, including assigning those rights in the event of their incapacitation. They have the right to transfer their wealth to whomever they want without penalty. The government is not giving such rights to married couples; it is denying those natural rights to everyone else.

There are more unmarried straight people who need to exercise these natural rights than there are gay couples, but for some reason the Old Time Media only focuses on gay-rights. Rather than campaign for the lifting of the government restrictions on all people, the gay-rights movement just sought to get under the marriage umbrella.

willyt
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
huh?
I can't tell whether your for or against Dan Cathy's statement:(

i wasnt stating a position, merely a joke

milkmania
08-02-2012, 12:25 PM

it's all goodhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/gap.gif

mikeg205
08-02-2012, 01:12 PM

it was a good joke.... and the bacon was a good add.... :D

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Amateur! It wouldn't be the same without bacon!

2RLAKE
08-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I support Chik'ns rights ........and the Right of Chik Fil-A to voice their opinion + beliefs without political harassment by the Mayors of Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, and SFranciscon. :mad:

Agree .. i applaude his position and not being afraid to speak what he believes ... god bless him

FrankSchwab
08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Speaking frankly, I thought willyt's initial post was funnier than hell...guess I don't have a horse in that race.

But, I gotta disagree with aquaman. If you are going to exercise your right to put your opinion out in public, you gotta let others exercise their rights to comment on them. If you're too much of a p---y to have someone disagree with you, then climb back under your rock.

Note that my name is firmly attached to this opinion.

/frank

-V-
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
chicken have rights too............

The right to taste good :)

tideengineer
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
V....love the First Calvary avatar...my father was First Calvary Ninth Division.....Bullwhip Squadron.

2RLAKE
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM
We stopped at chik on the way to the lake last night ... Still packed and they had no ice cream for milk shakes. My wife saw a local Wendys sign that said "go to Chik Fillet today"!!!!

gid
08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I support Free speech. What concerns me is the politicians in Chicago seeking to remove or not allow CFA to be in their district based on the opinion of their CEO.

Double D
08-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Speaking frankly, I thought willyt's initial post was funnier than hell...guess I don't have a horse in that race.

But, I gotta disagree with aquaman. If you are going to exercise your right to put your opinion out in public, you gotta let others exercise their rights to comment on them. If you're too much of a p---y to have someone disagree with you, then climb back under your rock.

Note that my name is firmly attached to this opinion.

/frank

I firmly agree with your statements here Frank. Everyone can exercise their Freedom of Speech and allow replies. However, most of the controversy and why this all happened was because of the government officials in certain cities that flat out said; based on your beliefs, don't ever plan to build in my town because I will block it. That's the real issue related to this situation. IMO..

mzimme
08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I keep looking at this thread title, thinking its some kind of suicide rant. ;)

milkmania
08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Adam Smith, former CFO and treasurer of medical supplies manufacturer Vante, was fired after he posted a video of himself bullying a Chick-fil-A drive-thru employee in Tucson.

video
http://screen.yahoo.com/cfo-fired-for-bullying-chick-fil-a-employee-30175693.html

03geetee
08-03-2012, 11:29 PM
People need to just shut the **** up and remember that really living the dream doesnt included storming a fast food chain just so you can suck face with a member of the same sex. I dont go to KFC just to grab my wifes tits, well I guess only on fridays.

JTR

ahhudgins
08-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Adam Smith, former CFO and treasurer of medical supplies manufacturer Vante, was fired after he posted a video of himself bullying a Chick-fil-A drive-thru employee in Tucson.

video
http://screen.yahoo.com/cfo-fired-for-bullying-chick-fil-a-employee-30175693.html

Just further proof of the lefts hypocrisy. If anyone disagrees with their agenda they are accused of being a “homophobe” a “bigot” or “hateful”. People calmly went to Chik Fil A and stood in line for hours just to so show their support. Then the leftist go out and vandalize a store, harass the employees, and stage a “kiss-in”. Since when are people not allowed to have a difference of opinion?? If you are gay, I DON’T CARE!!!

Well…..I did have a guy show up to ski one day wearing a speed-o. I kindly asked him not to wear that thing again.:rolleyes:

JimN
08-04-2012, 10:13 AM

video

I wonder why he assumed that all of Chck Fil-A employees have the same opinion. Statistically, it would be improbable that all of them see Cathey's comment in the same way or agree with it.

There's far too much mis-placed anger and it's going to get ugly pretty soon because people are just not able to control themselves.

JimN
08-04-2012, 10:14 AM
People need to just shut the **** up and remember that really living the dream doesnt included storming a fast food chain just so you can suck face with a member of the same sex. I dont go to KFC just to grab my wifes tits, well I guess only on fridays.

JTR

Do you get a free side order when you do that?

mikeg205
08-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I support Free speech. What concerns me is the politicians in Chicago seeking to remove or not allow CFA to be in their district based on the opinion of their CEO.

And you are surprised by this? I love Chicago....but hate the politics...remember in Chicago even the dead vote.

mikeg205
08-04-2012, 01:35 PM

JTR

Great idea for date night.... :D...

mikeg205
08-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Do you get a free side order when you do that?

I wish I could post what came mind when you posted this...lol...:D and KFC's slogan... but I will leave that to all of to perceive...don't want the thread to be taken down... :D:D:D

CantRepeat
08-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Great topic on what is surely the civil rights fight of our time. But please, lets keep the explicit sexual acts off of this forum.

Thanks.

milkmania
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Great topic on what is surely the civil rights fight of our time. But please, lets keep the explicit sexual acts off of this forum.

Thanks.

wait, what?http://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf40.gif

I went back and read all the posts... didn't see much out of line (2 filtered words) and didn't see any editshttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/nixweiss.gif

or are you "just sayin'?":confused:

I don't have any problem keeping "explicit sexual acts" out of the forum... just asking for clarification, in case I'm overlooking something.

(edited)

CantRepeat
08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Just a heads up early warning device since one user started to go that route.

captain planet
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
funny.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-august-7-2012/fast-feud-nation---chik-fil-a---social-media

milkmania
08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Rachel has spoken and D-Bag makes another video
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/07/arizona-chick-fil-worker-berated-on-viral-video-wants-to-meet-with-bully/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nmP9Shki6_I#!

D-Bag blew it!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

captain planet
08-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Truly amazing. It is 2012, this country is going off a cliff financially, and this is the discussion; a fast-food chain CEO with loose lips about his stance on gay marriage. We need to change the discussion to things that matter...like the deficit. Funny take on it by the Daily Show though. 8p

aquaman
08-08-2012, 05:07 PM

yes WillyT........but there is always "truth" in humor. :)

mikeg205
08-08-2012, 05:15 PM
CP - you are so right.... But it was a chance some "free" politicking... Funny in Saudi you get killed for being homosexual - but that is not being politicized for the same reason...hmmmm. It's too bad that running the country does not mean 80% logic and 20% politics....unfortunately the inverse is true.

On a side note...

Somebody who can doctor up the "Toonces the driving cat" video, should put their favorite politician's face in this video and put it on their facebook or backup on you tube... and also modify the car to represent our country and economy.

For now we'll have to settle for "Toonces the Driving Cat" going over a cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x5-38LJ8N4&feature=related

aquaman
08-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Truly amazing. It is 2012, this country is going off a cliff financially, and this is the discussion; a fast-food chain CEO with loose lips about his stance on gay marriage. We need to change the discussion to things that matter...like the deficit. Funny take on it by the Daily Show though. 8p

hey CP, i think you will agree that fundamental life values are as important, if not more so, than fundamental financial concepts.

as far as the condition of the USA, remember that the apple ROTS from the inside. ;)

captain planet
08-08-2012, 05:55 PM
hey CP, i think you will agree that fundamental life values are as important, if not more so, than fundamental financial concepts.

as far as the condition of the USA, remember that the apple ROTS from the inside. ;)

It could be argued that the financial condition of a country is directly related to the value of life of its citizens. Look at Greece and what happened there, we are much worse off....exponentially worse off. If we don't make drastic changes soon, the question isn't if the bus goes off the cliff, but when and how many months away. Fundamental life values will take a back seat to getting by if things don't change.

If the apple rots from the inside, I guess I'm way on the outside and the whole apple will have been thrown away before my portion will have become rotten.

Dylan
08-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Truer words have never been spoken!

captain planet
08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Here is a little humor on the topic. Gotta love John Goodman.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e86050c415/kfc-loves-gays-with-john-goodman?playlist=featured_videos

willyt
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
its really a self-solving problem. if everyone ate ben & jerry's and chic fil a all the time we'd be so fat we wouldn't be attracted to eachother anymore. marriage goes away completely, and boom.

problem solved.

i should run for president or something.

mzimme
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
its really a self-solving problem. if everyone ate ben & jerry's and chic fil a all the time we'd be so fat we wouldn't be attracted to eachother anymore. marriage goes away completely, and boom.

problem solved.

You've got my vote.

JimN
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
its really a self-solving problem. if everyone ate ben & jerry's and chic fil a all the time we'd be so fat we wouldn't be attracted to each other anymore. marriage goes away completely, and boom.

problem solved.

You forgot the major flaw in your theory- for everything that one group finds offensive or disgusting, another group thinks it's Hot, Hot Hot!

oxberger
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah there is a great deal of adult content created for the lovers of BBW.

milkmania
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM

to each their own, I guesshttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/smashfreakB.gif

JimN
08-10-2012, 08:20 PM

I was setting up a house for terrestrial Digital TV reception and on Dr Oz, he had a bunch of women who WANT to be fatter. Actually, it was more of a herd and they were somewhere between HTF, which means "HIDE THE FOOD!" and "Run! It's coming this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

gid
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I had a client (normal size guy) who's wifes goal was to be the heavest wife ever. He LOVED it, turn on for him. She was HUGE, really really huge. She had a website where folks paid her to eat so they could watch - she ate Big Macs, etc, etc. Last I heard she was making 90k a year off that website. 90K !! for being fat on the web.

mzimme
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I had a client (normal size guy) who's wifes goal was to be the heavest wife ever. He LOVED it, turn on for him. She was HUGE, really really huge. She had a website where folks paid her to eat so they could watch - she ate Big Macs, etc, etc. Last I heard she was making 90k a year off that website. 90K !! for being fat on the web.

Nothing like a heart attack before 50...

JimN
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Goes along with what I wrote in post #40. I want to see the outcry when she has a gripper while she's online.

02ProstarSammyD
08-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Sure they are..........to liberals. Truth be told being married living in a box and using a curb as a crapper isn't quite as enjoyable as it is in a nice warm economy with an actual home. People stopped focusing on "real" issues years ago and it shows. We've got a new generation of whiny kids or as I call them "neo hippies" that are going to flat out ruin this country..........more. Economy in the crapper and cities are going to lock out a top 20 fast food restraunt? Yea its fast food but its jobs and money spent. I bet they love walmart though :rolleyes:

2RLAKE
08-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Sure they are..........to liberals. Truth be told being married living in a box and using a curb as a crapper isn't quite as enjoyable as it is in a nice warm economy with an actual home. People stopped focusing on "real" issues years ago and it shows. We've got a new generation of whiny kids or as I call them "neo hippies" that are going to flat out ruin this country..........more. Economy in the crapper and cities are going to lock out a top 20 fast food restraunt? Yea its fast food but its jobs and money spent. I bet they love walmart though :rolleyes:

heard a new one the other day on the whiny kids ... Gen Y is really the Yner generation

02ProstarSammyD
08-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Maybe I just notice it more with approaching 30 and working in construction but omg its getting annoying. Bunch of kids sporting a 10 cent college degree and now they know everything. All of them want to whine like crazy but do nothing about real issues. It always kills me to see the occupy wall street kids posting from their iphones and ipads but none of them see the issues. Not saying theres anything wrong with those devices as I sport an ipad 24-7 but lets fight corporate America by tweeting from a device that was assembled in poverty stricken areas of asia and sold to you at a 120% profit.

JimN
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe I just notice it more with approaching 30 and working in construction but omg its getting annoying. Bunch of kids sporting a 10 cent college degree and now they know everything. All of them want to whine like crazy but do nothing about real issues. It always kills me to see the occupy wall street kids posting from their iphones and ipads but none of them see the issues. Not saying theres anything wrong with those devices as I sport an ipad 24-7 but lets fight corporate America by tweeting from a device that was assembled in poverty stricken areas of asia and sold to you at a 120% profit.

What about the college students and recent grads who are absolutely certain of who we should vote for? Most have never supported themselves, yet they think they have it all figured out.

I think the voting age should be raised to 30, so they can find out how it really is before they shoot off their mouths, telling us what we should think, just because their professors have brainwashed them.:firejump:

mzimme
08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
What about the college students and recent grads who are absolutely certain of who we should vote for? Most have never supported themselves, yet they think they have it all figured out.

I think the voting age should be raised to 30, so they can find out how it really is before they shoot off their mouths, telling us what we should think, just because their professors have brainwashed them.:firejump:

We're not all bad. I've been a registered republican since I was 18. I'm 29 today. :)

JimN
08-14-2012, 12:54 PM
We're not all bad. I've been a registered republican since I was 18. I'm 29 today. :)

I realize that, but the good ones don't make their presence known very well- they let the little noise-makers get all of the attention from politicians. If more of you would let Washington know what you think is important, we might have a chance. Not that helping people is bad, but too many handouts isn't the way toward any kind of successful outcome.

mzimme
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Agreed. I actually just read this on another board. I'm sure its one of those chain email things, but it has some great points:

Michael A. Crowley, PE is the owner of Crowley & Associates, Inc. and was President and an owner of Crowley, Crisp & Associates, Inc. and Michael A. Crowley, PC. As President of Crowley & Associates, Inc., Mike is a lead designer of water supply, treatment and storage projects, regional sewage lift station design, and residential and commercial site development projects and is responsible for the management of the firm. Mike’s industry background includes over 20 years experience in the civil engineering field inclusive of executive level responsibilities in Marketing and Project Management. Prior to founding Michael A. Crowley, PC, Mike held positions with several engineering firms in North Carolina and Maine. Mike holds a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from University of Maine and a Master of Business Administration from Boston College. Mike is a member of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and holds professional registrations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Indiana, Maine, Tennessee, Australia, and Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies. Mike is a native of Norridgewock, Maine. The Crowley family resides in Wake Forest.

Subject: Great letter

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been some rumblings around the office about the future of this company, and more specifically, your job. As you know, the economy has changed for the worse and presents many challenges. However, the good news is this: The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job.

What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country. Of course, as your employer, I am forbidden to tell you whom to vote for - it is against the law to discriminate based on political affiliation, race, creed, religion, etc.

Please vote for who you think will serve your interests the best. However, let me tell you some little tidbits of fact which might help you decide what is in your best interest. First, while it is easy to spew rhetoric that casts employers against employees, you have to understand that for every business owner there is a back story.

This back story is often neglected and overshadowed by what you see and hear. Sure, you see me park my Mercedes outside. You saw my big home at last year’s Christmas party. I'm sure all these flashy icons of luxury conjure up some idealized thoughts about my life. However, what you don't see is the back story.

I started this company 12 years ago. At that time, I lived in a 300 square foot studio apartment for 3 years. My entire living space was converted into an office so I could put forth 100% effort into building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you.

My diet consisted of Ramen Pride noodles because every dollar I spent went back into this company. I drove a rusty Toyota Corolla with a defective transmission. I didn't have time to date. Often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. In fact, I was married to my business -- hard work, discipline, and sacrifice.

Meanwhile, my friends got jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a modest $50K a year and spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes and wore fancy designer clothes. Instead of hitting Nordstrom's for the latest hot fashion item, I was trolling through the Goodwill store extracting any clothing item that didn't look like it was birthed in the 70's.

My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time, my money, and my life into a business --- with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will be able to afford these luxuries my friends supposedly had.

So, while you physically arrive at the office at 9 am, mentally check in at about noon, and then leave at 5 pm, I don't. There is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are done and you have a weekend all to yourself. I unfortunately do not have the freedom. I eat, ****, and breathe this company every minute of the day. There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. Every day this business is attached to me like a 1 day old baby.

You, of course, only see the fruits of that garden -- the nice house, the Mercedes, the vacations... You never realize the back story and the sacrifices I've made. Now, the economy is falling apart and I, the guy that made all the right decisions and saved his money, have to bail out all the people who didn't.

The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed a decade of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the cost of running this business, and employing you, is starting to eclipse the threshold of marginal benefit and let me tell you why:

I am being taxed to death and the government thinks I don't pay enough. I have state taxes. Federal taxes. Property taxes. Sales and use taxes. Payroll taxes. Workers compensation taxes. Unemployment taxes. Taxes on taxes. I have to hire a tax man to manage all these taxes and then guess what? I have to pay taxes for employing him. Government mandates and regulations and all the accounting that goes with it, now occupy most of my time. On Oct 15th, I wrote a check to the US Treasury for $288,000 for quarterly taxes. You know what my "stimulus" check was? Zero. Nada. Zilch.

The question I have is this: Who is stimulating the economy? Me, the guy who has provided 14 people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business? Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfare check?

Obviously, government feels the latter is the economic stimulus of this country. The fact is, if I deducted (Read: Stole) 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? That's nuts. Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, I agree which is why your job is in jeopardy. Here is what many of you don't understand .. to stimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy. Had suddenly government mandated to me that I didn't need to pay taxes, guess what? Instead of depositing that $288,000 into the Washington black-hole, I would have spent it, hired more employees, and generated substantial economic growth. My employees would have enjoyed the wealth of that tax cut in the form of promotions and better salaries. But you can forget it now.

When you have a comatose man on the verge of death, you don't defibrillate and shock his thumb thinking that will bring him back to life, do you? Or, do you defibrillate his heart? Business is at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate it, not kill it. Suddenly, the power brokers in Washington believe the mud of America are the essential drivers of the American economic engine.

Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep. So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, my reaction will be swift and simple. I fire you. I fire your co-workers. You can then plead with the government to pay for your mortgage, your SUV, and your child's future. Frankly, it isn't my problem anymore. Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire.

You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my citizenship.

While tax cuts to 95% of America sounds great on paper, don't forget the back story: If there is no job, there is no income to tax. A tax cut on zero dollars is zero. So, when you make decision to vote, ask yourself, who understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of saving your job. While the media wants to tell you "It's the economy Stupid" I'm telling you it isn't.

If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the Constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me in the South Caribbean sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, Your boss,
Michael A. Crowley, PE
Crowley, Crisp & Associates, Inc.
Professional Engineers
1906 South Main Street, Suite 122
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Phone: 919.562.8860 x22
Fax: 919.562.8872

JimN
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
"He didn't do that, someone else did it for him".

As a one-person business owner, I'd like to know who did this for me. I thought I was the one learned enough to know what I'm doing, who came up with the business plan, figured out what I would need to do what I do, paid for it, bought the cargo van last year to replace the truck that I had bought previously, gained the trust of the potential customers so I could get the jobs in the first place and then have them refer others to me, do all of the admin, go to training, buy/replenish parts, supplies, tools and equipment, etc.

Thank you, whoever you are.

willyt
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
we should hold a mock election on here, i think the results would be funny

thatsmrmastercraft
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
"He didn't do that, someone else did it for him".

As a one-person business owner, I'd like to know who did this for me. I thought I was the one learned enough to know what I'm doing, who came up with the business plan, figured out what I would need to do what I do, paid for it, bought the cargo van last year to replace the truck that I had bought previously, gained the trust of the potential customers so I could get the jobs in the first place and then have them refer others to me, do all of the admin, go to training, buy/replenish parts, supplies, tools and equipment, etc.

Thank you, whoever you are.

I smell what you're stepping in.:rolleyes: