PDA

View Full Version : Used car purchase

76S&S
08-02-2012, 10:06 AM
This is the first time I've had this situation.

The owner does not have the title to a truck I'm looking at, the bank has it, and it isn't a local bank. Have any of you dealt with this situation and what are the best steps to take?

thanks

mikeg205
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Contact bank to see if they really have the title. He has a loan at that bank and the bank won't release title until loan retired. Most banks have processes for these types of transactions. IF you go forward make sure you get a bill of sale and owner will have to sign over title.

JimN
08-02-2012, 10:55 AM
This is the first time I've had this situation.

The owner does not have the title to a truck I'm looking at, the bank has it, and it isn't a local bank. Have any of you dealt with this situation and what are the best steps to take?

thanks

The DMV issued the original and the vehicle owner can go to them for a duplicate. How old is the truck? If it was financed, make sure to get a waiver of lien. You won't be able to title it if there's a lien. Make the seller handle the title and lien waiver BS- it's their responsibility, anyway. The owner not having the title is like a kid in school saying that their dog ate their homework.

stuartmcnair
08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
simple..the check is made out to the bank. Have done this several times.

73blue
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
simple..the check is made out to the bank. Have done this several times.

dingdingding winner

TayMC197
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Just contact the bank, they will do the transaction.. once the guy agrees to sell and turns it over to the bank, you are paying them at that point. Plus you know you will receive a title. Its not difficult... may be more time consuming.

76S&S
08-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the responses, I think I'll get with the bank.