PDA

View Full Version : 07 x-15 ballast dump above water

jammerdave
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't like the under the boat ballast dump, has anyone changed theirs to over the side? I don't trust gauges. Thanks

gts-20
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I think that might be hard to do. At least on my boat, the ballast fills and drains from the same holes under the boat. I believe the pumps simply reverse to drain.

cdh11
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I dont know how hard it would be to do but with our X15 which dumps under the boat I just listen to the pumps, you will be able to hear if they are pumping water or not.

Skyskiguy
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Assuming you have a single ballast intake under the hull which runs into a common distribution manifold, it shouldn't be too hard. Change out the ballast distribution manifold for one with two more ports, run an exit hose out each side of the hull and don't forget to install a swing check valve on each one or you'll just suck air - wanna ask me how I kow this? And you'll also have to install a check valve on the intake hose, prior to the manifold or else you'll still push water out the bottom when you empty.

willyt
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
one of my friends actually converted his 2012 supra from emptying to the bottom of the boat to emptying out the sides... i can have him write it up here if your that interested (ballast systems should be the same)

BrooksfamX2
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I dont know how hard it would be to do but with our X15 which dumps under the boat I just listen to the pumps, you will be able to hear if they are pumping water or not.

Same here. I can hear them scream through the overflows when empty and also hear bubbles under the boat when they are pumping air..........

GoneBoatN
08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Same here. I can hear them scream through the overflows when empty and also hear bubbles under the boat when they are pumping air..........

Dido here. I can definately tell the ballast tanks are empty because you here the pump go to a higher pitch sound. Shortly there after the system recognizes the voltage change and stops the pump. Has worked without issue for me so far. Mine is an 2010 with Ballast Puppies.