PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Anchor

zpacheco
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Went to the lake last week and had a great time. Anchored in the cove used the rope swing and had a ton of fun! Didn't really get to ski because it's lake Ouachita on the weekend and there are people all over the lake that ruin the few good ski coves with their tubing. Seriously, had three boats pulling tubers pull into the cove we were boarding in... ruined it for everyone! Anyways, go back this week to do some more boarding on a week day, and there is no anchor! I'm afraid I got pirates. So, I read a lot about anchors on here looks like the box anchor is the way to go. Is it worth the cost? it's twice as much as the anchors at local sporting store.

kgrove
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I tried a danforth and another type - cant even recall what it was now - and had problems with both while my box anchor has worked flawlessly. In my case the extra cost was worth it. If you've had no problems getting a good set where you're are, maybe it's not worth the extra cost for you... Especially with pirates in the area. Having a $120 anchor stolen hurts more than a $50 anchor.

deminimis
08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait, they took it out of your boat or did you have it out with a buoy and someone lifted it? Regardless, may the river gods spite them and sink their craft and cause water damage to their phones.

Yes, the box anchor is worth it. Find Chad on here (there is a thread here where he is giving a discount to TT members as he gets his online store going. -I got a couple hooks and a shorespike from him. He treated me well). Also, I find the box works even better with a chain, although one is not required.

Cmpdman
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
+++ box anchor +++ it is worth it. Man, sorry about the pirates.

bill-d-c
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but what exactly is a box anchor? I've always just used the typical grapple type. What is the advantage?
Thanks,
Bill

pmkkdx
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Wait, they took it out of your boat or did you have it out with a buoy and someone lifted it? Regardless, may the river gods spite them and sink their craft and cause water damage to their phones.

Yes, the box anchor is worth it. Find Chad on here (there is a thread here where he is giving a discount to TT members as he gets his online store going. -I got a couple hooks and a shorespike from him. He treated me well). Also, I find the box works even better with a chain, although one is not required.

maybe this http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46591

zpacheco
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah the took the time to take the the front seat off and take the anchor out, then put the front seat back in... While it was in my dry dock.

Kevin@MWMC
08-02-2012, 12:06 AM
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but what exactly is a box anchor? I've always just used the typical grapple type. What is the advantage?
Thanks,
Bill

http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopIT_ProductDetails.aspx?ID=024a8189-c4ba-41dc-9a41-c5e749bb8688

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

AZX9
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
The box anchor will hold well in current and windy situations and doesn't need as much rode as a danforth style anchor. In many situations you can drop it straight off the edge of the boat, tie off with very little slack and will still hold great where many other anchors will drag with out more rode.

iplount
08-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Another vote on the box anchor. It has been great.

bill-d-c
08-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Very slick, never seen one before. Looks like it should hold good. I like some of the other products they have too.
Thanks,
Bill

Huskie05
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Box Anchor here, got the large, holds 55 awesome.