PDA

View Full Version : Cracked exhaust manifold, looking for replacement

Matt_fdc
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Long story short (I apologize if this is a repeat question, but it's a little more specific that what I found using the search function).

2007 MC X2

The starboard water intake blew off on my engine, and caused a major overheat. This caused a hydro lock on the engine, and a constant "check engine" alarm on my boat. I had a mechanic check everything, and I now need:

- starter
- alternator
- port side exhaust manifold and riser

The story from the mechanic is that the overheat cracked the manifold, and flooded cylinders 2 and 6, causing the hydro lock. The starter got wet and that's what likely caused it to blow out as well. Who knows why the alternator went.

Anyways, he's telling me the manifold is a 2 piece with an internal cat converter, and the replacement cost is $2k, plus freight (I'm in Canada). All the research I do online shows manifolds for $300.00.....am I missing something? What part should I be searching out??? I want to fly it in to get the boat ready for the weekend.

Can anyone shed some light here? How much should these things realistically cost?

The block looks ok, the heads went out for magnaflux, and he's checking the cylinders, bearings, rods etc for warpage (fingers crossed). Am I missing anything? The last thing I need is another tow to shore (going on tow #3 this year) and more heckles from the Supra/Centurion owners.

Rossterman
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Probably has the indmar ext/cat exhausts which are considerably more expensive than std exhaust manifolds. Did a quick search and couldnt find them online through discount mastercraft parts sources so may have to order from dealer direct.

etduc
08-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Is this what you need? http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1800

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Get in touch with the guys at Midwest Mastercraft. They will be able to help you and they ship internationally.

763-404-7372
http://www.waterskis.com/

Matt_fdc
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks fellas. I got the OEM number from my dealer, he said that it is a 2 piece, and it comes with a plumb kit (whatever that is) for $1200.00. Apparently they're having a run on port housings right now.....which might indicate a problem on the 2007 Indmar engine. Who knows though.

Don't suppose anyone knows what it's going to cost me to get that check engine alarm shut off? I've already sunk about 3k into this thing the last month. Last thing I need is another $500 to get it hooked up to a factory computer and have a tech press "enter" to clear it.