PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood Sea Water Strainer on Indmar MCX

kylegansel
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi all. With the lake levels down and the weeds high we keep sucking in weeds that get stuck in the transmission cooler. Not good. We'd like to install a Sherwood Sea Water Strainer but in looking through threads I haven't found anyone that has done it on our engine. We have a 2003 X-9 with a MCX engine. If anyone has done this can you post some photos please? I spoke to ski dim and they said it needs to be installed before the raw water pump in the horizontal position which will need some elbows.

On another note - If MasterCraft claims they are the best inboard out there why aren't they installing these on their boats like the Nautiques have. They need to get with Indmar and for the price of these suckers new they should have the sea water strainer and a remote oil filter. We installed the remote oil filter ourselves and it makes life a lot easier!!!!

BrianT
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi all. With the lake levels down and the weeds high we keep sucking in weeds that get stuck in the transmission cooler. Not good. We'd like to install a Sherwood Sea Water Strainer but in looking through threads I haven't found anyone that has done it on our engine. We have a 2003 X-9 with a MCX engine. If anyone has done this can you post some photos please? I spoke to ski dim and they said it needs to be installed before the raw water pump in the horizontal position which will need some elbows.

On another note - If MasterCraft claims they are the best inboard out there why aren't they installing these on their boats like the Nautiques have. They need to get with Indmar and for the price of these suckers new they should have the sea water strainer and a remote oil filter. We installed the remote oil filter ourselves and it makes life a lot easier!!!!

MC doesn't use Indmar anymore.

kylegansel
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Do the new engines have it?

macattack
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Check out this thread on the water strainer location....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1914&highlight=water+strainer&page=3

Also, MC started installing the strainers, at least on the PS 197 TTs, around 2010...