PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NE Kansas??

MCinKS
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I live near Hiawatha KS, If your in the area PM me, we have several nice little ski lakes here. I am always looking for more folks to go with.

silverblueBP
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Council Grove here, about 2 hrs away.

bsloop
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Its been a while since I have logged in here.
We are pretty much wrapped up for the season but I admin a FB page for Perry if you head south much.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/17958152892/

willyt
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
people live in kansas?

dog paw
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Leaving tomorrow to deliver a Featherlite to a customer in the Garden city area. Looking foward to getting out of the ratrace for a few days.

neil.anderson63
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
people live in kansas?
Ouch, that stings a little...

mzimme
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Ouch, that stings a little...

Yeah it does...

bsloop
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Leaving tomorrow to deliver a Featherlite to a customer in the Garden city area. Looking foward to getting out of the ratrace for a few days.

Nice long drive for you. Pheasant season just opened last weekend. Use a gun and not the truck, they make a mess :D

Dont worry about the haters guys, its better they dont know.

dog paw
11-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Nice long drive for you. Pheasant season just opened last weekend. Use a gun and not the truck, they make a mess :D

Dont worry about the haters guys, its better they dont know.

Your right, better they don't know.. :) What a awesome trip! Around 3500 miles. Sad to say it but most of the people I know would not last a week "out there" My God, peoples driveways are three times longer than all my co workers commutes LOL!

We ended up south of Dodge City. Nice to see some of the things that are long gone from my home area.

erervin
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
I live south of Topeka, KS and am generally on Melvern Lake Reservoir if I'm not on Beaver Lake. Boat is put away for the year, but will be out again in late April again.

Ron Grover
11-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Basehor KS here

SkiDaddy
12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Kansas City for me.

Snipe
12-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm in Menomonee Falls,WI, but spend the summer on the Three Lakes Chain of Lakes in Oneida County located in Northern Wisconsin. This will be my first year with a Mastercraft coming off CorrectCraft boats. Going to be a long winter here too.

neil.anderson63
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
We are Lenexa, Those of you who live in KC Metro, Topeka... What lake(s) do you frequent?

SkiDaddy
12-11-2012, 07:39 AM
This was the first season with the boat. So far we've just skied at Clinton Lake.

bsloop
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Live in W Lawrence but Perry mostly here.

I can be from door to storage to water at Clinton in 30min or Perry in 40min.
I guess I will share my secret among MC friends. Boated Clinton for 3 years then moved mostly to Perry the past 6yr.
Clinton is decent on mon-wed as long as there is not another tuber or pleasure runner tearing up the water and wind is out of the S or E (thurs-Sun is often some wally). Clinton is just a big bowl with more water hazards and lots of western KC famlies.
Perry has atleast 3 locations for every wind direction so it does not matter if there is someone else, just move to another spot.
Launch and recover is also easier at Perry than when the wind is blowing nasty into Clinton marina cove.

When not doing watersports, the Party is 10x better at Perry.
We did a tri lake run in one day last year and was reminded why I prefer Perry. Met family at Lake Shawnee in Topeka for the morning, then Clinton for the afternoon in Dead Fish (party cove). No one was rafted up, not much going on and several tubes tearing up the dam (just like I remember). Headed to Perry for 6pm and got the party going!

I am not opposed to Clinton during the week as a 2nd/3rd so pm me if interested next year.

Since there appears to be a lot of off season interest, I just announced our Perry "Cabin Fever" Party on FB for Feb 9th in Topeka after the Topeka Boat and Outdoor show for those having boat withdrawl. Over 150 attended last year as boaters pretty much take over the bar ;)
https://www.facebook.com/events/484208434956021/

chevy08bud
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
shawnee, ks here.

neil.anderson63
12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
The tri-lake trip sounds fun! Kind of like a crop tour??? We usually spend most time at Tablerock (Shell Knob). However, this summer we plan to bring the boat home to spend more evenings possibly some Sat or Sundays at either Clinton or Perry. I ski, kids board and surf. The little woman blew up her knee 2 summers ago and hasn't picked it up yet. She is happy to drive and hang out these days. I'll check the FB and look forward to seeing a few of ya on the water.

SkiDaddy
12-13-2012, 07:20 AM
I'll definately be checking out Perry next season. I'll be in the little red 190. Hope to see you out there!

jeff.leitheiser
12-23-2012, 12:25 AM
In Manhattan KS we have Tuttle Creek or Milford which are both generally pretty nice as long as the water isn't too low.