PDA

View Full Version : Wash down add on

mseller
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd like to add functionality to my Wash Down switch. Is there an factory/aftermarket kit I can purchase to get a raw water wash down installed in my 08 x45?

mseller
08-14-2012, 12:19 PM
bump!

CantRepeat
08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure what a wash down switch does.

mseller
08-14-2012, 12:41 PM
There is already a switch on the dash that says "Wash Down". Which is a fresh water hose to wash down the interior of the boat. I realize they make the dash stock no matter if you get the option or not. So now I'd like to get the option and would like to know how to purchase/install.

snork
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM
west marine has all the items needed but its not a kit
theres a hose with spray attachment, pump, female receptacle that mounts to the cockpit / tub wall but the only thing I could not find is a water tank that has a fill top

Cobra Rob
08-14-2012, 04:33 PM
I am always in freshwater but could be useful. If you get it figured out update with parts list and cost etc..

:D

Thrall
08-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I am always in freshwater but could be useful. If you get it figured out update with parts list and cost etc..

:D

I'm sure it could be for you (looking at your swimsuit thread contributions!).
To the OP, while you're at it, figure out how to use one of your ballast tanks as the washdown tank rather than the raw water source. That would be cool.

BrooksfamX2
08-14-2012, 08:36 PM
To the OP, while you're at it, figure out how to use one of your ballast tanks as the washdown tank rather than the raw water source. That would be cool.

Good idea, but the lake/river water in the ballast may not be as clean as you would like it for wash down........

Thrall
08-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Good idea, but the lake/river water in the ballast may not be as clean as you would like it for wash down........

Up here in WA it is!:D

But, no, I was thinking fill a tank with fresh water for washdown.

snork
08-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I was thinking fill a tank with fresh water for washdown.

Thats the idea of the washdown system
My XStar has a separate tank for fresh water used exclusively for the washdown