PDA

View Full Version : how do I remove thefuel tank

oldstv
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I am installing a steering cable in my 03 X2. I have done this once before so I know that I don't need to remove the fuel tank but in this case my cable is getting stuck on some wires just before it goes under the tank. I need to lift the tank on the engine end to get over these wires. The tank looks like a real tight fit. Has anybody taken their tank out or at least part of the way out and how big of a job was it?
Thanks and thanks for a really informative place to go for info on our boats.
Scott

ahhudgins
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I had to remove the 4 brackets on the tank, then used 2 flat bars to pry the tank up. And yes, it is VERY tight. It is best to have a friend help you so you can put something under the tank and the hull each time you move it Try to do it in the shade so the tank is cool, and run most of the gas out so it won't be so heavy. My Maristar 200VRS doesn't have the fuel pump issue so I ran my tank down to "E".

I had to pull up my tank because my steering cable would not pull through. Once I pulled the tank up, I found that MC had put a plastic zip tie around every cable under the tank.:mad:

Here is my link:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35662&highlight=steering+cable

oldstv
08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks for responding. I kinda thought that would be the way to do it but needed to hear it.I will put you info to work.

thanks again