PDA

View Full Version : Mini Tower Light Problem

Jack's 89 Tri Star
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Son cranked the 07 Prostar with the minitower up into the lift canopy, and broke the lens, bulb, and socket. Got new parts, unscrewed the aluminum top piece, and now need to connect the wires. There isn't any room in there! Can't move supply wires in any direction. Anyone had success with this? I could take it to the dealer and have them struggle with it, or I could drill some holes in the tower to try and get a look at what is going on. Hate to drill holes, this will weaken the tower?

Thanks!

jkski
08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Before you drill anything, see if you can find where the wires are entering the tower, typically thru one of the front legs. You may find that the wires are tied tight where they enter and if you can loosen them you should be able to pull some extra thru to allow you enough room to work. They use some zip ties in spots to hold the wires to others, etc. and it may be as simple as clipping one of the zip ties to allow enough slack.

gts-20
08-01-2012, 11:28 AM
For the anchor lamp on our '08 mini tower, the wires run up the tower from the starboard side, forward tower leg. They were just as jkski described. I was ableto remove the speaker mount caps to locate the correct wires.

mcskier
08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
You should be able to access the wires via the middle right speaker cap. Everything is attached with bullet connectors on my '08. Worst case scenario is just cut the old wire close to the broken light and add new connectors then shove everything down the hole and reattach.

Jack's 89 Tri Star
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I looked and looked, however there are no 'speaker caps.' Seems to be a solid pipe all the way up. I hate to pull back on the wires, might not ever get them back through the top.

gts-20
08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Jack's 89 Tri Star,

So your '07 mini tower doesn't look like this? I thought the '07 and '08 were the same....

ttu
08-03-2012, 03:47 PM
So your '07 mini tower doesn't look like this? I thought the '07 and '08 were the same....

i have a full tower on my 07 x2 but i have the speaker caps just like in your picture.