PDA

View Full Version : Animal Bindings/Sinching Issue Input Please

h2oskifreak
07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
My HO Animals have bee pretty bullet proof but I have a saftey issue I need help with.
The devise that keeps the laces tight loosens to the point that it is totally loose. It never makes a pass w/o needing tightned and then it's loose mid-course. This is not right, or safe. I replaced the device that is designed as a "keep" and still have the issue. I have a new set of laces and will install them next since the first attempt to fix didn't work. Is there a quick fix or a better mousetrap to keep my laces tight for a full run or better yet, a set?

mikeg205
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM
You're lace holders must be defective...my new animals stay so snug I can't get them off some times.. a bit of a worry for me....

gatorguy
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Mine do the same thing. I was planning on getting a new keeper thing in hopes that it would actually keep it tight.

h2oskifreak
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
You're lace holders must be defective...my new animals stay so snug I can't get them off some times.. a bit of a worry for me....

I have changed out the lace holder device. I will try new laces next incase they are older and the diameter has changed with age, not allowing a tight grip in the holder device? Wonder if anybody has a suggestion on another tightning device (brand or style) that would work for this?

mikeg205
08-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Hope it works... :)

macattack
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
The lace tightening devices have worked great on my 2005 Animals; however, I have replaced the outside wraps on the back boot and the new wraps used a thinner lace and a different type of locking device. As mentioned, there are different locking devices for different thickness of lace...

h2oskifreak
08-02-2012, 01:42 PM
The lace tightening devices have worked great on my 2005 Animals; however, I have replaced the outside wraps on the back boot and the new wraps used a thinner lace and a different type of locking device. As mentioned, there are different locking devices for different thickness of lace...

Have that style on my previous HO Bindings. These Animals are another type of keep. I changed the laces and keep and am going out tonight, so we will see.

mikeg205
08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
older animals... mine are 2012.... that's the difference.

h2oskifreak
08-03-2012, 01:15 AM
I think mine are 2008's. Anyway, skied tonight and very snug and they staued that way. Skied pretty well, didn't miss a bouy in 2 sets until I got to 35 and made 3 then. I'll take that. Beautiful sunset as we skied the glassssss, OMG, the glass.