PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Mastercraft and can NOT find parts anywhere!!!

Matt7246
07-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and boating in general. I recently just bought a 1997 Mastercraft Mari-star 200V with the 5.7L Corvette motor and i want to find just some miscellaneous parts and i can't seem to find any website, dealers or anything online.

I need stuff like the wood grain dash board back pieces around the ignition, OEM/aftermarket speedometer gauge, oil dipstick and just minor stuff like that.

Does anyone know of a dealer or a website that would have stuff like this to fit my boat?

I live about 45 minutes north of NYC...

Thanks

dsword
07-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Have you tried EBAY?

Matt7246
07-31-2012, 01:58 AM
yeh i don't see anything for my year if anything at all

XtwentyNot
07-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Skidom.com for starters.

XtwentyNot
07-31-2012, 02:04 AM
Skidim.com

Kevin@MWMC
07-31-2012, 02:06 AM
Another nod to skidim.com

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Matt7246
07-31-2012, 02:07 AM
I just looked on there i'm pretty sure i can find everything i need except the correct dipstick and dash panels... i even got a dipstick for a 1997 corvette engine my model and it's not the right one

maristardd
07-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Congratulations on your new (to you) Maristar! I'm going through the same process on the 94 Maristar 225 Direct Drive, also with LT1, that I bought recently. Lots of good tips buried in Teamtalk, using google to search teamtalk often better than the forum search.

Thus far I've found to source stuff:
- Local Mastercraft dealer has some things in stock and can order some things, especially when it had some use across different models and years. (window latch, water temp sensor, fuel sensor etc)
- Lots of mastercraft stuff at skidim.com; also thus far got stuff at mastercraftbydesign.com, greatlakesskipper.com, waterskis.com
- Some things like bilge pump, impeller, K&N air filter/spark arrester are common enough to get at Amazon online or West Marine locally.
- Older mastercraft stuff seems to be hit or miss spread across different places, no one go-to source that I've found. Try both google search and ebay search, and sometimes if I find one thing via ebay, I'll check out the dealer for other things they have ('maristar','lt1','mastercraft' etc search at the dealer's ebay store). (couldn't find glove compartment hinge anywhere, then one place had them found browsing the website listing after searching on ebay)
- Some model specific things are simply no longer available, I'll have to fabricate something or have it done (dash panels, bilge blower bracket). And if you don't have something as a reference, I've seen lots of helpful folks here that can tell you about what they have. (I can get a photo and measurement on my dipstick, if that is helpful to you to know what it is supposed to be).
- Some aftermarket things are still available 15+ years later. New Dimension has exact fit wakeboard tower (that's what I ordered), and Great Lakes Boat Top can do bimini, boat cover, etc just like what was included with original boat; Heatercraft for heater/shower parts.
- And in the case of the engine, there is a company called Indmar that turns the corvette engine into a marine engine, so a lot of parts for the marine LT1 are from Indmar rather than Chevy, like alternator bracket, marine alternator (?), impeller (cooling) pump.

Your model is a little newer than mine, so you may have better luck on the dash panels. I've seen reproduction for the 98/99, maybe one the same as yours?:

http://aplusmobilegraphics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=122
http://aplusmobilegraphics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=114

Feel free to private message me with your list and I'll keep and eye out as I'm digging/looking for stuff for my Maristar.

76S&S
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
If you don't have a local dealer, may I recommend Lex at Rambo Marine in AL. He is very knowledgeable and if he doesn't have what you are looking for, he can probably suggest where to find it.

Matt7246
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks a lot for all the helpful information i really appreciate it. If it's not inconvenient for you to get a measurement or send me a picture of the original dipstick that would be awesome. You can send it to Matt7246@yahoo.com

Thanks

maristardd
08-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Here you go ... I did this outside in the dark, so I didn't notice that tip wasn't in focus until I came back to computer. I can redo that tomorrow.

FrankSchwab
08-02-2012, 01:41 AM
My oil dipstick handle (looked the same as Maristardd's) was broken off when I bought the boat. I just found a nice-looking adjustable universal one at the local speed shop, changed the oil and put in the factory-recommended amount, ran it to fill the filter, then adjusted the dipstick to read "full". And it looks a lot better than that black plastic one.

/frank

Matt7246
08-02-2012, 01:45 AM
How many quarts of oil is recommended for the engine because i don't know if it's exactly the same for just a regualr LT1 car engine. The previous owner told me that it take 5 quarts but for an 8-clylinder engine i feel like that's not enough but then again i'm not a mechanic...

Those pics are just fine i don't need them any more in focus than they already are. Btw thanks for them

SkiDog
08-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Here you go ... I did this outside in the dark, so I didn't notice that tip wasn't in focus until I came back to computer. I can redo that tomorrow.

I don't mean to jack this thread, BUT, that's a tape measure for dummies, and I really need to find one for Trickskier! He MIGHT be able to read THAT one!:D:D:D

mikeg205
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
dash board parts... http://www.tecnografic.com/company.htm

guages.. if you want to replace airguide guages I would move to the Faria gauges.

For oil.... here's a 95/96 manual...97 manual not on site for some reason.

http://www.mastercraft.com/files/manuals/1995_OwnersManual-PS190-PS205-ProSport205.pdf

XtwentyNot
08-02-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.airguide.com.au/

I never fixed mine before selling my boat that had that setup but that's who I was going to use..

milkmania
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't mean to jack this thread, BUT, that's a tape measure for dummies, and I really need to find one for Trickskier! He MIGHT be able to read THAT one!:D:D:D

I'll see your threadjack and raise you one!
and come to Trickskier's defense......
I hate trying to read the danged things toohttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/splat.gif

hate anything to do with numbers.... and I HATE trying to use a micrometer or calipers:(
it's like reading japanese

daveadam230V
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
inboardonline.com