PDA

View Full Version : What does "Pull" mean in RPM cruise?

kalamalka
07-31-2012, 01:34 AM
I've surfed with the cruise in RPM mode for all while on my 06 X1, everything was good. Tonight it kept flashing "pull" in block letters and wouldn't allow the RPMs to engage at 2440 or anything else for that matter.

Any thoughts? Thanks

kalamalka
07-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Please, i cant seem to find anything anywhere about this

Skyskiguy
07-31-2012, 02:57 AM
Someone please help - I'm having the same problem.

Ski-me
07-31-2012, 09:25 AM
I've surfed with the cruise in RPM mode for all while on my 06 X1, everything was good. Tonight it kept flashing "pull" in block letters and wouldn't allow the RPMs to engage at 2440 or anything else for that matter.

Any thoughts? Thanks

It looks like you are in Canada...where PP is located. I'd just give them a call directly and ask about this problem. Looking at my 2007 manual I see:

Phone 902-468-2150
email techsupport@perfectpass.com

I've called them before and they are very helpful.

Good luck and post back your results.

kalamalka
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, but this issue is with the mastercraft cruise and not pp.

Ski-me
07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the reply, but this issue is with the mastercraft cruise and not pp.

My bad....didn't know there was a "stand alone" cruise made by Mastercraft. I always though any basic cruise installed would be considered Perfect Pass.

good luck!

mccobmd
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
It means that the cruise is in th on position, in the RPM mode and is ready to engage. It flashes pull when you set an RPM level before starting to show it is set. If you move the front switch to off or the manual position it should reset. If it has been set, you use it, it will stay in that pull mode for that setting until the engine is shut off. Turning the engine and key all the way off should reset it.

kalamalka
07-31-2012, 11:51 AM
thanks, I wonder why the "pull" mode came on. I was just using the rpm mode fine where I could read the rpm till it caught. Later in the evening, the "pull" came on and I could never get it to catch as it doesn't show the rpm's in "pull mode" what is pull mode anyway?

Skyskiguy
07-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Same thing on mine. When it started flashing "PULL", cruise would no longer catch when I throttled up to/past the set point.

kalamalka
08-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Any news yet John? Spoke with a dealer today, they are looking into it. The first thing they did was come on this forum, ha ha.

Skyskiguy
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Nothing.

Skyskiguy
08-06-2012, 12:34 AM
So after a few days playing on Lake Powell, here is what I have discovered:
Speed mode works fine.
Manual mode works fine.
RPM mode - not working correctly: Set to RPM mode, switch ON and "LOCK" flashes (all good). But instead of also displaying current RPM's, as it should, it displays "PULL". When I adjust desired RPM set point using + or - it displays desired RPM's (as it should) but then goes back to " PULL". When I throttle up to just beyond RPM set point, "LOCK" goes solid, indicating that cruise is engaged, but cruise doesn't actually engage and "PULL" remains in the display. If I continue to 1,000 RPM's beyond the set point "PULL" briefly changes to "DEC", cruise engages and throttles back to desired set point! When I return to get skier and throttle up, same thing - it never will engage at or near the set point. What is going on? What's with the "PULL" and "DEC"? PLEASE HELP! Surely, Ryan and I can't be the only ones to have ever had this problem - or maybe we are, but please don't call me Shirley.

kalamalka
08-06-2012, 12:20 PM
John, my issue is exactly the same, word for word! Your description is perfect. I have been using it in manual mode this week, but it is starting to be a pain in the ***.
This was the reply that I got from Mastercraft, but it doesn't solve our issue in the least.

Good Day Ryan,

I pinged your inquiry to our tech guru Bill, who has replied back with information for you regarding your cruise inquiry (see below):

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions, please let us know-

Thanks for Submitting Online with Us,

Phil

MasterCraft Boat Company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:30 PM
To: Team MasterCraft Leads
Subject: RE: Contact Us to website

Pull up mode allows the driver to control the throttle until the boat gets up to speed. When the boat is up to speed, the cruise control system will take over and deceleratethe boat to the set point.

Bill Gaddis

MasterCraft Boat Company

Skyskiguy
08-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Just spoke with Bill at MC. He is going to get with the engineering dept. to see if there is an issue/fix.

mccobmd
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I have the same boat and most of the time my RPM preset works well. I always use manual mode but my wife pulls me with RPM mode. She accelerates past the set point until the cruise kicks in and then leaves the throttle. You do have to have the throttle past the set point for it to kick in but I would not think it would be 1000 RPM's past. I use the manual mode and push the on button past 2400 for surfing, 2600 for wake boarding and 3000 for skiing.

Skyskiguy
08-07-2012, 01:27 AM
So when she is using the RPM mode does it show "PULL" and/or "DEC"? I know you have to throttle past your set point but dosen't it catch closer to the set point than 1,000 RPM's over? And if PULL and DEC are normal, why don't they also show in MPH mode. My understanding is that both of those modes work exactly the same other than one monitors speed, the other monitors RPM's.

mccobmd
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
It usually picks up about 40 RPM over but then shows the RPM's that you are currently locked in at. I only get pull when a rider falls and you go and start back up. I haven't had the same issues as you guys.

kalamalka
08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
thats my problem too. it reads "pull" the entire time and doesn't display the rpm's at all, or at least after a second or so after being switched into the RPM mode.

I never get the "pull" in the manual mode or the speed, but i can't seem to get the "pull" off of the rpm mode.

I will set the RPM mode to 2420, i can read the rpm's as I set them up and down, but as soon as I stop setting them it reads "pull"

it will still read pull even if i hit 20mph or 3500 rpm if it was pre-set to 2420 or something.

kalamalka
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
any word from mastercraft on this yet?

Skyskiguy
08-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Been at Lake Powell for the past week. No news before I left. I'll try to get in touch with Bill this week. I'm hopefully there will be a fix.
Question for you: Can you turn off the cruise by switching it to the off postion while underway? Mine can only be disengaged by pulling back on the throttle. I thought I remembered reading that there were two ways to disengage - pull back on throttle or switch to off.

Skyskiguy
08-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Bill is telling me that everyone at MasterCraft that he has talked to is saying that what is happening is normal and it should have been working this way all along. I'm not buying it! Why doesn't everyone else's behave this way? I guess we're SOL if even the manufacturer doesn't want to help.

kalamalka
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
I just dont buy that because mine didnt always do that. in rpm mode it would display the number, then hold it. the pull mode makes rpm mode unuseable for me. the frustrating part is that i cant get rid of the pull

Skyskiguy
08-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Come on - no one else out there having this issue with MasterCraft cruise? I actually really like the MasterCraft cruise other than this rpm mode issue. Are you telling me I'm stuck using speed or manual mode? It would really be nice to be able to set my desired rpm before throttle-up and have it catch closer than 1,000 rpm's over!

Skyskiguy
10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
So, I think I am getting closer to understanding what is going on with the RPM mode in our MasterCraft cruise control systems. The logic for these systems is contained in the ECM and was written by Indmar. My theory is that there is a flaw in the '06 logic that was corrected at some point after they were already rolling off the factory floor. WE NEED SOME HELP - Anyone with an '07, or later, that has MasterCraft Cruise control (not PP) installed (or if you know someone who does) could you please respond or PM me so that I can let you know what to check for? The boat doesen't need to be in the water - just need the battery turned on. Please, YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!