PDA

View Full Version : Flying seat

ryfly161
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
We went on our first long trip with the boat this weekend to my parents house about a hundred miles away, as recommended I left the stock cover off and made the trip down fine but after 2 days playing on the lake we loaded the boat back up and started the trip back home and about 4 miles down the road the center seat flys out of the boat and skids about 100 feet
On the asphalt. Have others had this problem with newer boats? Any recommendations on how to get it reupholstered with factory upholstery

Jonb1822
07-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Yea. I had the center seat come off and slide in the floor. Not really any damage, but could have been bad.

tex
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
What boat?

toolz
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Seen mine fly up once- now I just lay it on the floor before I tow. I want to make some sort of latch to hold it down. Something MC should have done.

petermegan
07-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Shouldn't be a problem to get factory skins for a 2011 model, put in an insurance claim maybe if it ads up on price. Forgot to latch my motor cover when I first purchased our new to us prostar, saw it lifting in the rearview mirror. Couldve been bad!

Jonb1822
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Mine is a X25

FrankSchwab
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
My rear center seat is susceptible to this (though I haven't had it happen yet). I just got some industrial Velcro, mounted half to the bottom of the seat and half to the frame that it sits on, and it never moves anymore. Takes about 10 pounds of pull to remove the seat once a year when I'm doing the transmission fluid.

ryfly161
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Tex it is a 2011 x15 I was a little curious why mastercraft didn't put something to keep it down like the did on the others it is the one that gets the most air on it riding down the road. I was thinking about Velcro anyone else use it?

ttu
07-30-2012, 11:29 PM
when i bought my 07 x2 on the ride home a woman pulled up next to me on the highway and said a seat cushion was moving around and about to blow out. turns out the rubber tube with two hooks on each other to hold the two back cushions down broke. needless to say i now tie them together under the hook with a shoe string if i am making a road trip.

scott023
07-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I leave the cover on. No issues with seats flying away, and no gel coat scratches.

tex
07-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Tex it is a 2011 x15 I was a little curious why mastercraft didn't put something to keep it down like the did on the others it is the one that gets the most air on it riding down the road. I was thinking about Velcro anyone else use it?

Call your dealer and ask for advice. I have towed a lot of different boats for Texas Mastercraft and they always give me some kind of advice about what to have open and closed as far as windows/walk through etc...that keeps you from losing things. I myself have to keep a bungy accross the back to keep my compartment from opening! Good luck!

Thrall
07-31-2012, 12:17 PM
The 2 back seat panels in my X2 have the bungee/hooks to the tub. They don't move.
The starboard rear side seat would lift off though. As suggested above, a strip of velcro has worked great for several years now.