PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend! Malibu Open

barefoot
07-30-2012, 02:11 PM
'"This Friday and Saturday, Milwaukee's Veterans Park will be the site for the Malibu Open. Skiers from 33 different counties will compete for $70,000 in prizes. Competition begins at 7:45am Friday and ends at 6pm. Saturday 7:45am and ends at 9:30pm. You'll be able to see slalom and LD jumping. Admission is free and open to the public."

More Details... (http://www.theproskitour.com)

Anyone going? I'll be at the park both Friday and Saturday with my Roast Coffee Kiosk. Anyone want to meet up?

mrprostar
07-30-2012, 02:29 PM
FYI- Last year parking was not free. I had a great time, though. I watched the men's final standing next to Marcus Brown. It was my first water skiing event and I loved it.

WTRSK1R
07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
'"Anyone going? I'll be at the park both Friday and Saturday with my Roast Coffee Kiosk. Anyone want to meet up?

Ryan,
I plan to go. If I can get out of the office on Friday, I hope to be downt there in the afternoon. Saturday I will probably come down at some point. I will look for the Kiosk just to say hi.

Steve

fskof
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm planning on going on Saturday. I went the last two years and had a great time

barefoot
08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
They're getting set up...looks pretty awesome! Hope to see a lot of you down there.

3event
08-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Ryan, if you want to PM or post the name of your booth, we will look for you on Saturday - always up for a good cup of joe. I had a great time last year and got some great pix from the W side of the lagoon, here is one.

RadarDad
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I am going on Saturday, to cheer on the Radar skiers (of course).

RadarDad

Sledge
08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I will be there both days. It would be nice to put some faces with names. Maybe we should meet for coffee at Ryan's kiosk.

Hopefully the weather is not a factor Saturday.

Sledge

madcityskier
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Looks like Saturday after work to check out the finals. I'll be the big out of shape guy who used to be a decent skier, but still stays in the sport even though the body is no longer willing or able. Also, I will be wearing a MasterCraft shirt, should make me easy to pick out of the crowd.

barefoot
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Ryan, if you want to PM or post the name of your booth, we will look for you on Saturday

Roast Coffee Company. Were right behind the jump...close to the north side of the course. Stop by and introduce yourself....it's always great meeting other TT'ers!

I'll be there later in the day...probably around 1:30-2pm :cool:

barefoot
08-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I think it's pretty cool when you see the professional skiers walking around the site. Makes it very approachable to talk to them. I saw Karen and Freddy hanging out all day.

Highlight of my day was Freddy's amazing first jump...he came off the jump at a weird angle and literally barrel rolled upside down, but somehow landed right side up. Took a time out to check his equipment because he smacked his skis so hard on the water. Second jump had a bad cut. Third jump, peaked and went 220'ish feet. Put him in first seed for tomorrow. Typical Freddy style!