PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mastercraft 197, wide open fuel injectors

84starsandstripes
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Well guys, I brought my '84 Stars and Stripes up to the lake this weekend and enjoyed my first 4-5 hours of ownership.

My neighbor on the other hand purchased a 2004 about 2-3 weeks ago with 67 hours! It's been treating him well but yesterday he couldn't get it started and we discsovered that at key on, his injectors were dumping fuel into the motor as if he was at wide open throttle.

He pulled it out of the water to bring over to the dealer but I just wanted to see if you guys have ever seen or heard of this happening.

Thanks

jkski
07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Never heard of that one but my guess would be that if all of the injectors are dumping fuel like this then the problem exists with something in the computer that is failing to control them properly. If just one or two of them dumped fuel you could be looking at a clogged or sticky injector but that would be pretty odd for all 8 to be doing the same thing.
Just my 2 cents...let us know what the resolution is to the problem.

84starsandstripes
07-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the response, it definitely seems like the computer but we'll see soon enough!

84starsandstripes
08-27-2012, 08:02 PM
The marina discovered that a rodent has eaten through the engine harness. They're moving in "Michigan time" so it has taken about a month to find that out and they still aren't sure if the Engine Control Unit is shot or not.