PDA

View Full Version : Going to demo wed-X25,35,45

Runin90lx
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm going to demo these 3 boats wed. The x35&45 both have surf tabs but the x25 doesn't. Just wandering with added ballast which of thes would make the best surf wake. Also which will have the best wakeboarding wake since we really do both(surf a little more do to rough water at our lake). I have seen good surf pics behind the x25 and x45 but don't know much about the 35 at all

Thanks for the help

scott023
07-30-2012, 11:29 AM
The 25 will have the best surf wake of the three of these boats. Suprised the 25 doesn't have tabs, I haven't seen many of them without them. I haven't boarded behind a 25, but the 45's wakeboard wake is far better than the 35, IMO. Interior layout in both the 25 and 45 is better than the 35 too.

ShawnB
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Will the three boats have additional ballast? If not I would strongly consider bringing along the pumps and bags you would need for a real-world test. The stock surf waves for these boats aren't a good indication of what can be done with proper ballast.

NatesGr8
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
With added ballast a 45 will throw a monster surf wake. I can't speak for the other boats but i'm sure they're good too. 45's board wake is great too, you might just have to ride a few mph faster than your used to, or use a shorter rope.

Runin90lx
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Whatever I get will have added ballast yes. As of now all I have are 2 440# bags from my x1 and I know that won't help much at all I test. I will have to buy additional and larger bags along with the boat

Mastercraftdave
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I was in this same position after we sold our Malibu VLX. We wanted something bigger because our family is growing and the VLX was starting to get a little cramped and we wanted something that could handle rougher water.

I have ridden behind the 25 and 45 and the wake a pretty similar but I liked the wake of the 45 the best. The 25 is a great boat but it was the same length of out VLX just wider and a bigger interior. But when we got in the 45 it was over. We fell in love with the boat. It rides very well in rough water and is a great size. I never got to surf the 25 but our 45 with the surf tabs and plugNplay ballast has a great surf wave along with the wakeboarding wake. Now Iím not a professional surfer but the surf wave to me is fantastic. Overall we have been extremely happy with our 45. This boat is a tank and drives like a dream!

When we went to the Houston Boat show, they had all three of these models there and we went through the ins and outs of the boat. The dealer told us that the X35 will have the best surf wake when loaded because of the deep V hull. However the wakeboarding wake will not be as good as the 25 & 45. On the other hand the 35 will handle rough water way better than the 25 & 45 because of the hull, not to mention the boat will sit alot higher in the water because of its size. Again I have never ridden behind one just what I have been told. I recall seen a video of a surf team on YouTube with 35 weighted and the surf wave was MASSIVE.

So it really comes down to what fits your needs and what you want out of your boat. I hope this helps out. Whichever boat you choose to buy will be a great choice. Good Luck!!

Jonb1822
07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I have a 25 with just a wake plate and no surf tabs. I can speak to the surf wave and it is great. I run around 2,200 lbs of total ballast and the wave to me is perfect without surf tabs.

Runin90lx
07-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Jon. Do u happen to have any pics of it? That's the same setup this 25 has. Just not the extra ballast yet haha

TheWoons
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Mastercraftdave your dealer has the 35 mixed up with the 25. The 25 has the deeper V hull (based on the CSX) and handles rough water better than the 35 and 45 and has a better surf wake and wake board wake over the 35. The 45 surf wake is also very good. I would also bring 2000lbs+ and use stock ballast as well to get a real world look at each surf wake when weighted properly :)

scott023
07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I was in this same position after we sold our Malibu VLX. We wanted something bigger because our family is growing and the VLX was starting to get a little cramped and we wanted something that could handle rougher water.

I have ridden behind the 25 and 45 and the wake a pretty similar but I liked the wake of the 45 the best. The 25 is a great boat but it was the same length of out VLX just wider and a bigger interior. But when we got in the 45 it was over. We fell in love with the boat. It rides very well in rough water and is a great size. I never got to surf the 25 but our 45 with the surf tabs and plugNplay ballast has a great surf wave along with the wakeboarding wake. Now Iím not a professional surfer but the surf wave to me is fantastic. Overall we have been extremely happy with our 45. This boat is a tank and drives like a dream!

When we went to the Houston Boat show, they had all three of these models there and we went through the ins and outs of the boat. The dealer told us that the X35 will have the best surf wake when loaded because of the deep V hull. However the wakeboarding wake will not be as good as the 25 & 45. On the other hand the 35 will handle rough water way better than the 25 & 45 because of the hull, not to mention the boat will sit alot higher in the water because of its size. Again I have never ridden behind one just what I have been told. I recall seen a video of a surf team on YouTube with 35 weighted and the surf wave was MASSIVE.

So it really comes down to what fits your needs and what you want out of your boat. I hope this helps out. Whichever boat you choose to buy will be a great choice. Good Luck!!

I don't think this is accurate. I've been told the exact opposite by a few dealers, and based on real world experience, I'd say this is incorrect info.

TheWoons
07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think this is accurate. I've been told the exact opposite by a few dealers, and based on real world experience, I'd say this is incorrect info.

Post #9.... :)

Jonb1822
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Jon. Do u happen to have any pics of it? That's the same setup this 25 has. Just not the extra ballast yet haha

I might be able to find some pics tonight when I get home. If you need them now, TheWoons posted up some videos and pics in the Wakesurfing section on the forum. My wave looks almost identical to his even though his is a tad bit longer.

Jonb1822
07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
I should add TheWoons has surf tabs, but I dont see a big difference. I've pretty much copied his setup with ballast because his wake looks so great

TheWoons
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
The surf tabs make the pocket a bit longer for sure. Not 10ft longer, but longer.

Runin90lx
07-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Jon. Okay I have seen Woons. I was gonna compare yours to his but since you used same setup I know the answer haha

willyt
07-30-2012, 01:28 PM
the 35 does have a deep V, and if you look at the deadrise angles of the hull the 35 is actually steeper than the 25, so theoretically the 35 would handle rough water better

'better' is a pretty relative term here, your comparing probably the two best rough water boats on the market (certainly in the MC line). coming from an X1 it will be a night and day difference

willyt
07-30-2012, 01:35 PM
also... why not look at the 30?

scott023
07-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Post #9.... :)

ha. You posted while I was thinking out a response.

Runin90lx
07-30-2012, 01:45 PM
also... why not look at the 30?

Because they don't have any left haha.

Nick911
07-30-2012, 01:58 PM
The X25 is the only boat that gets any love over at Wakeworld. Some guys there are saying they should have made the X25 hull the new XStar hull. IMO the 3 boats you mention are quite a bit different size-wise. Let that be a factor.

FourFourty
07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
IMO, The 25 has the best wakeboard wake of the 3 choices.... Followed closely by the 45. I dont think the 35 has an exceptional wake for anything. I demo'd one before I ordered my '12 X25, and was not wow'd by anything wake related.

If I was to order my X25 all over again, I wouldnt have spent the money for the tabs.... They do absolutely nothing for a properly weighted boat. The tabs were nice for a little wake tuning, when I had less ballast..... Now that I have it weighted correctly, they have a negative impact, if anything at all....

As far as the X30 is concerned, I think it has a "good" wakeboard wake, but nothing like the X25. It doesnt ride as nice either. That being said, I love the way that the X30 handles compared to the X25. Surf wave is very good also.

Mastercraftdave
07-30-2012, 02:33 PM
the 35 does have a deep V, and if you look at the deadrise angles of the hull the 35 is actually steeper than the 25, so theoretically the 35 would handle rough water better

'better' is a pretty relative term here, your comparing probably the two best rough water boats on the market (certainly in the MC line). coming from an X1 it will be a night and day difference

thats what I was trying to say. that deep V is way better for a rough ride that cuts through the water!

AZX45OD
07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
MastercraftDave is correct. The 35 was the "deep V" alternative in the line-up back when the X-25 was still the CSX. Now the X-25 has joined the 35 as another "deep V" hull. As an X-45 owner I will say that the room and layout is amazing, and it handles rough water like a dream simply based on its overall size.

Make sure you post the results of your test-drive on Wednesday. We'll be eager to hear the results...

AZX45OD
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM
So..did you drive the boats? What was your take?

Runin90lx
08-07-2012, 08:24 PM
yes and no haha..the x25 and 35 both sold, and the 45 listed on the website was sold a while back and hadnt been updated. i did get to end up trying out a 225(same as x25 they said just different graphics package). i really liked the boat alot but i liked the x25 they had apperance wise alot more.

i also demo'd a 2013 MB b52 wide body. it didnt have as much "fancy" mastercraft touches but it had everything anyone would need on a boat. it made a great wave for boarding and/or surfing with the factory ballast(2300 lbs). and the fact that we filled the ballast up completely in 1m30sec was amazing. plus the price tag at 30k less was an attractive vantage point.

we are still talking over which way we want to go, but as of now are leaning toward the MB. i think with either boat we will be super happy and enjoy either of them equally.

snork
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Wow, sorry to hear theres no Mastercrafts at TXMC to demo, if there was bet you would have chose a MC over a MB all day, just no comparison. There might be a change from TXMC to TXMB

TheWoons
08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree. If cost is an issue that would be the ONLY reason to buy an MB over a MC.

Runin90lx
08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
@snork. They. 30-2013 MC's on order they just aren't in yet.

Price wise,as far as affording a MC that's not a problem. But due to my work I'm only off 7 days a month, which gives me appx 35 days of boat weather minus days it's raining and one week we use for vacation. So that's the one reason I'm looking at the Mb. The amount of use compared to price is a huge difference. That's why my 08 X1 only has 105ish hours on it :/ whichever way I go will be an upgrade from the small x1 I'm in now

Cmpdman
08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
We had an X45 and loved the surf wake. It also has a great layout. We went to the X55 and like the X45 layout better. Those X25s are looking pretty good though...

Silverdawg
08-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I have owned the 45 for almost three years. My buddy has the 35. Both are great boats with slightly different shaped surf wakes. The 35 is a much easier to ride in boat in rough water. Just go with the layout you like best, and whatever deal you can get on either one.

The guys at Texas Mastercraft are the best. They will treat you right and you can trust what Todd and Jimmie have to say.

I don't know much about MB but I think it is a nice boat to help them capture the entry/mid level tow boat market. These MC 's ain't getting any cheaper.

bobx1
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
@Runin90lx

Being that you are a Texan, did you take a look at Tige???

willyt
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM
i heard they dont need ballast

snork
08-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I heard they are ballast