PDA

View Full Version : Bird Crap stains

DC Gannon
08-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Any good product to remove stains from bird crap? I tried 303 Aerospace Protectant (not cleaner) this weekend and it did not remove them.

erkoehler
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I got a product called quick cleaner from Stengl Marine that worked really well on the vinyl. Then followed that with the 303.

Jim
09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Any good product to remove stains from bird crap? I tried 303 Aerospace Protectant (not cleaner) this weekend and it did not remove them.

Fantastic works great and it won't ruin your interior.

chathamsolutions
09-17-2005, 01:46 PM
By far the best stain remover for vinyl is the sun (you said you were using 303, so I assume you mean your vinyl). Use the above methods, then leave it in the sun for a few days. It'll eventually fade and you'll not notice it anymore.

Oh ya, Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser (tm) is an incredible product. I highly recommend them. Not great at removing stains, but terrific at taking the built up grime away with minimal elbow grease.

erkoehler
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Make sure that you apply some sort of protectant or wax after that Mr. Clean eraser or you may develop problems later.

jraben8
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I have a little different stain problem. My drivers seat got stained by a pink sheet of paper that a marina had printed. It's only about a 1"x1" area but enough to upset a perfectionist. I have tried 303, fantastic and have even resorted to a light touch of Tilex w/ bleach followed immediately by water and 303. It's a little lighter but still very noticable.

Ideas, anyone...

jraben8
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Okay, this ranks as one of the stranger things that I have witnessed. After I posted the above information I went back to look at the damage again from the pink paper flyer that stained my drivers seat this past weekend.

The stain is gone! There is no sign that it was ever there. My wife admits to nothing and if she cleaned it she would certainly say so.

Can a stain just evaporate? Especially with color in it?