PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrenchrocket
07-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Mastercraft Just won't work

I have a 2011 mastercraft that my family bought last year. When we were buying the boat we wanted the more powerful engine, but the dealer strongly recommended the mcx 350 because they said it was more reliable. So we went with that engine option and got the salt water package. We currently use the boat in Nantucket ma, but we have been plagued with problems ever since we got it. It commonly will turn over but will not start up. The engine NEVER stalls. Last year we had to send the boat back to the dealer twice, the replaced the fuel pump and I think much of the wiring harness. Also the changed the magneto. The second time we sent it back though was because after they replaced a part in the engine it moved around the salt water lines. Because of this one of the engine belts cut a salt water line, salt water poured into the engine compartment, the starter motor got drenched, the engine overheated instantly to 250F or hotter, and cracked the exhaust manifolds. Despite being able to run the boat for 30-40 hours, the boat was broken most if the summer. When the summer ended mastercraft doubled our warranties and payed for the two times we had to take the boat off the island. So this year they assured us that everything had been fixed and that they went through everything. So we got the boat back and sure enough we are having all these issues trying to get the damn this started every time we go out. Sometimes it won't turn over, but most the time it will just sit there and turn over without any spark. Honestly I'm ready to drive this boat off a waterfall. While looking around I noticed that there was some rust particles in the reserve coolest tank and that also that the rocker arm compartment where we put in oil is completely dry with out oil. The engine however has plenty of oil. Any suggestions on what the heck is going on or what I should do?!?!? This boat has been nothing but a lemon.
O I also forgot to add that when we got the boat, half the stereo didnt work because an amp was blown, the heater hoses weren't hooked up, and the gps was completely broken*

Wrenchrocket
07-29-2012, 06:24 PM
O by the way it's a mastercraft x-25

kskonn
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Sounds like the dealership messed up on the prep. All the things you mentioned with the exception of the amp are done by the dealership during prep. The hoses etc... All ship uninstalled.

No clue on the oil, the starting issue sounds like it could be as simple as a sticky relay or a faulty kill switch.

CantRepeat
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Good god, wall of text kills me!!!

Jerseydave
07-29-2012, 07:41 PM
I think your dealer need to keep it for a while, duplicate the no start problem and fix it from there.
If it ran to 250 degrees or higher, you may need some engine repairs. They should do a compression test and leakdown test to make sure the internals or head gasket didn't get damaged from overheating.

Wrenchrocket
07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I think your dealer need to keep it for a while, duplicate the no start problem and fix it from there.
If it ran to 250 degrees or higher, you may need some engine repairs. They should do a compression test and leakdown test to make sure the internals or head gasket didn't get damaged from overheating.

When the engine overheated there was some white smoke that came out of the exhostpipes. I will do a compression test. The engine has been running fine though while it's running. Right now though he engine just still won't start. I've checked everything- looked for water in the fuel, checked for spark, and checked the electric throttle linkage. I do hear a hissing coming from the engine though after I turn it over a few times. For now I just have a broken boat sitting in the harbor... Again.