PDA

View Full Version : Power tower - wont go up.

Cmpdman
07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
First time boat on the water this year - sad but true - 2011 x55 (33 hours). The boat started fine, but the tower would not go up. You could hear the electric actuators on both sides turning but it would not go up. So we went boating with the tower down. I turned off the batteries to reset but it didn't work. Calling dealer tomorrow. Anyone know of changes/updates that MC did to the tower? Thanks!!!

bjames
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
There has been at least 3 revisions tothe electric actuators (at the bottom you will see a stamped revision number on the actuator). Also for 2013, they went with hydraulic actuators and corner braces to stiffen the latteral sway.

Cmpdman
07-31-2012, 12:47 AM
I must have the very first one then. I talked with our dealer - Dockside marine in Conroe TX. They said mc will send the new parts and they will get it fixed. I found some pics of the new actuators & bracing. I'll see how the looks. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Cmpdman
07-31-2012, 12:50 AM
I'll also call our old dealer - before we moved - Utah water sports - mastercraft in Slc - great dealer! Just to pick their brains on what mc is planning to do for these Towers. We managed to go boating but we sure got tired of hitting out heads on the tower while it was down. If there a manual way to put it up? I'll have to read the manual.

Quinten
07-31-2012, 06:34 AM
I'll also call our old dealer - before we moved - Utah water sports - mastercraft in Slc - great dealer! Just to pick their brains on what mc is planning to do for these Towers. We managed to go boating but we sure got tired of hitting out heads on the tower while it was down. If there a manual way to put it up? I'll have to read the manual.

I don't know if there is a manual way. But you will not find anything in the manual off it. You should ask the dealer if there is a manual way up.

surfacetension
07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Why do they always come out with new towers that are not ready or tested yet I have an 07 X2 and when I first got it the tower shook like crazy , they had to retrofit braces to get it to stop, now they come out with another tower and it's not ready for prime time either, How could they miss the sway problem again

Cmpdman
07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
We had an '08 X45 with the old tower. It was nice because it just worked. I have faith in MC but I do wonder about the towers... The dealer called me today & said they've ordered the kit.

erkoehler
08-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Oh boy, not again!

Cmpdman
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Sorry about the bimini -we opened it anyway because we needed a little shade from the 100 degree weather. I hope the boat is fixed soon. Calling the dealer tomorrow...

Cmpdman
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Brace kits. Not sure if these are the kits the send to dealers but they look ok. I wonder what they have to do with the bimini to get the braces to fit.

Cmpdman
08-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I talked with our local dealer. He said the parts are in but they are busy so it will be next week. That makes it about 3 & 1/2 to 4 weeks to get this fixed.... I'm not too happy about the wait. I bought the boat new in UT but moved to TX so I'm not sure how much the dealer is concerned since I purchased the boat at another dealer. I don't want to complain but this is getting me frustrated.

Redstorm
08-17-2012, 01:53 AM
When I first saw this tower I said the more moving parts the more that can go wrong. This was a concern I had. It's a sweet tower and looks awesome. I am sure Mastercraft will resolve this issue. Hope everything works out and your boating soon! :)

Cmpdman
08-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Called dealer today. Still not done. 4 weeks! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

jgraham37128
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I would say this is unacceptable. I would be calling Mastercraft directly and setting a fire under someone there.

snork
08-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Not sure how backed up TXMC is but top notch service department might worth give'n them a call

Cmpdman
08-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Called dealer. Tower update will take 10 hours. He said it will not be done by this weekend. So that puts me out 5-6 weeks to use the boat. Called MC to complain to them, they suggested another dealer at this point. Man, I miss UTWS. I'll have to check the dealers 4 to 5 hours away. :(

homer12
08-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Man that's BS! I have a service company and we represent various manufacturer's for warranty on their products and in turn get to sell their parts that we buy at a good discount. If it took me 5-6 weeks to fix some of their equipment I would have sales reps, the manufacturers' service manager, and others jumping on our a$$! this equipment is only worth $4-20K too, not a $70K+ boat.:( MC is just lame here not getting their dealers to move on it. Priorities...:confused:

jgraham37128
08-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Called dealer. Tower update will take 10 hours. He said it will not be done by this weekend. So that puts me out 5-6 weeks to use the boat. Called MC to complain to them, they suggested another dealer at this point. Man, I miss UTWS. I'll have to check the dealers 4 to 5 hours away. :(

Tell Mastercraft to get it lined up with another dealer and have a rollback or truck come pick it up and move it five hours to the next dealer. This is BS and this should be Mastercraft's problem not yours. I think you've done your part and you've been very patient. I would be raising the roof off that dealership!!!!!! To buy a new boat and miss most of the summer due to a mechanical problem I'd be looking for compensation. I bet you mention compensation for the long time span you'll get someone's attention. Also tell them to get it up so you can use the boat and you'll bring back when they can work on it is another option.

gts-20
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I live in Houston and we keep our boat in dry storage right down the street from Dockside. We trailer it to TSR in New Braunfels, www.tsrmastercraft.com , for all our service and maint., if that tells you anything. We didn't buy our boat from TSR, but they treat us like we did. Definitely worth the trip.

CBRENT
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Tell your dealer you want a loaner! You shouldn't lose precious water and family time esp on the last big holiday of the season!

thamax
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
wow i would be at that dealer every day raising hell or get the parts and do it yourself i haven't bought a boat in 4 years but that is sad utah water sports is know for being good to deal everytime i drop in they always do there best i drive 4 hours just for the personal service and no bs just a dealer you can trust and won't mislead me

Cmpdman
08-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I live in Houston and we keep our boat in dry storage right down the street from Dockside. We trailer it to TSR in New Braunfels, www.tsrmastercraft.com , for all our service and maint., if that tells you anything. We didn't buy our boat from TSR, but they treat us like we did. Definitely worth the trip.

That's who I"m researching. Thanks for the information! How far of a drive is it? ~4 hours?

jgraham37128
08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Seems that dealer doesn't need anymore business and this forum I'm sure will have a small part in that too......

gts-20
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
That's who I"m researching. Thanks for the information! How far of a drive is it? ~4 hours?

It takes us about 3 hours towing. We take it real easy and stick to the main highways and usually combine it with a trip to or from Lake Austin or Dunlap. TSR's cable and resturant are open 7 days a weeks, so droping off or picking up can be set up outside of regular service department hours. Josh and Joe from their service/parts department are Rock Stars!

JohnE
08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd call the dealer I bought it from and ask them to call corporate. This is presuming that UTWS was your local dealer at the time.

Cmpdman
09-18-2012, 12:48 AM
It's finally done! Waaahoo!!!! Going to the lake later this week. Glad it's still warm here before we out it away for the year. I'll post pics when I get back from the lake.