PDA

View Full Version : Ski Around the boat

98Prostar205
07-28-2012, 12:25 PM
I need some instructions on how to pull of the "ski around the boat" trick. My buddies and I have tried it in the past and just haven't pulled it off yet. It always seems that by the time the boat gets turned around the skier has lost too much speed to continue. We have always tried this trick starting at around 30mph. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

madcityskier
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Hard left with skier pulling HARD right, skier stays on edge, hit neutral and crank the wheel right. After skier passes your bow take off right and come back to center. Hardest part is for the skier when the boat starts pulling them across the ski. Try it on a kneeboard first to get a feel for it at lower speeds. Also fun if you have kids on a tube. Watch the rope getting caught on any part of the windshield frame lift eye etc.

BriEOD
07-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I get the kneeboard suggestion, but you're going to have to elaborate on the kids in the tube suggestion. How do you pull that off?

barefoot
07-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd kick up the speed and use a shorter line. When I did them show skiing, we cut left around the boat. We drove the the boat by kicking in hard to the right (almost like a key hole turn), neutral drop and back around left, as skier passes bow of the boat, accelerate out of turn. Ideally, you want to go into the turn and out of the turn on the same line.

madcityskier
07-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Tube is the same thing. Turn left to whip right, kill throttle, turn right take off after they go past your bow.

tex
07-28-2012, 08:13 PM
What kind of ski are you using?

Cloaked
07-28-2012, 08:43 PM
I need some instructions on how to pull of the "ski around the boat" trick. My buddies and I have tried it in the past and just haven't pulled it off yet. It always seems that by the time the boat gets turned around the skier has lost too much speed to continue. We have always tried this trick starting at around 30mph. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!More of a driver / boat maneuver than the skier. A second person in the boat to throw the rope across helps.