PDA

View Full Version : Sport Nautique 200

h2oskiluvr
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has skied and/or boarded behind the sport Nautique. I am a slalom guy who is getting old and the kids want to board. I am really curious about this boat.

east tx skier
07-27-2012, 09:41 PM
I have ridden in one briefly. The owner had a SN 206, skied behind the 200V, and traded his 206 in on the spot. I'm a wake snob and wasn't blown away just form looking at it. But that's what I can throw out there. I don't believe there is a vdrive out there that can ski like a comparable DD.

smsbrett
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
My neighbor traded his 210 for a 200v because he wants to be able to ski more. He's pretty happy with it-- for a v drive. I think he said it's pretty smooth at 15 off or shorter, but still not a DD.

I'm only boarding these days so I can't comment on ski wake personally. As for boarding it is definitely capable for me, but I'm pretty much just an advanced beginner (no inverts yet). That being said, I prefer my X2 with no ballast to his boat full, but that may just be because I get comfortable with what I'm used to and haven't spent much time behind his boat.

D3skier
07-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I have ridden in one briefly. The owner had a SN 206, skied behind the 200V, and traded his 206 in on the spot. I'm a wake snob and wasn't blown away just form looking at it. But that's what I can throw out there. I don't believe there is a vdrive out there that can ski like a comparable DD.

there is one V-drive boat out there or you could say was out there that compared very well with MC and the "others" but didn't last very long. It was a Infinity ZX-1 though the engine was centered like the DD boats it was mounted backwards and was a true vdrive boat.

BrianM
07-28-2012, 08:53 AM
there is one V-drive boat out there or you could say was out there that compared very well with MC and the "others" but didn't last very long. It was a Infinity ZX-1 though the engine was centered like the DD boats it was mounted backwards and was a true vdrive boat.

This boat lived until very recently as the Safvara SV1. I came very close to buying one. The wake was pretty flat but kinda hard. Fastest boat to get on plain I have ever been in with TONS of interior room.

east tx skier
07-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Good point on the Infinity/Svara. When I think V-drive, I think of the more common, rear engine type.

h2oskiluvr
07-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I looked at the Infinity back in 2003 or so and I was really curious about it. It just wasn't a good time for someone to try and start a boat company.

Anyone else try out the Sport Nautique 200?

On a related note, how many of you asked for a 'on the water' test drive of your chosen boat? I did not when I bought my 2005 Prostar 197 but that was because I was very familiar with the boat and I was buying it new. At any rate, what have others done?

Jerseydave
07-29-2012, 11:43 AM
No hands-on experience but I'm told that boat is one of the best crossover boats on the market. PM at you.

LTWon
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't want to Hijack this thread but i was wondering what your guys opinions are of the which would be the better buy. I am going to be purchasing a boat sometime over the fall/winter perhaps even spring, and i am thinking about a MC205/195/197 or a Sport Nautique. I don't really have any experience with either, and i am wanting something that is built to last. I don't want wood stringers and i would like something that handles like its on rails. What are your thoughts on these. I would like something to be able to ski behind, and yes pull those tubes... maybe even attempt wake boarding.

east tx skier
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
LTWon, any of those boats would meet your needs. However, the Sport Nautique is a larger boat and will not ski quite as well as the 195 or 197. If you are thinking about open bow Nautiques, consider a late 90s Ski Nautique Open Bow (SNOB). Same hull as the closed bow SN with a playpen-style open bow. Ski wake is extremely good. Comparing that to the 195, 197, or 205, it would be really hard to make a bad choice.

D3skier
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
LTWon, any of those boats would meet your needs. However, the Sport Nautique is a larger boat and will not ski quite as well as the 195 or 197. If you are thinking about open bow Nautiques, consider a late 90s Ski Nautique Open Bow (SNOB). Same hull as the closed bow SN with a playpen-style open bow. Ski wake is extremely good. Comparing that to the 195, 197, or 205, it would be really hard to make a bad choice.

just to add another boat to the mix and I've skied behind one is the Nautique 206
very good crossover boat and nice wake for skiing as well. Almost purchased one until the Nautique dealer pissed me off so I bought a MC just to scorn him.

here's one http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=28838

TxsRiverRat
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone has skied and/or boarded behind the sport Nautique. I am a slalom guy who is getting old and the kids want to board. I am really curious about this boat.

No for slalom