PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower Pfffffft.......Power Swim Platform Is Where Its At.

swatguy
07-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Came arose this on another site. This would be awesome on an X1 and any other boats I ride. This guy is onto something for sure. I would add this option for on every boat I ever bought right next to pp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvxV4uKY-Y8&feature=player_embedded

BMG
07-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I guess you can put lenco actuators on anything... I thought it was going to lower to park in a garage. Looks like it won't go vertical, but hard to tell. I think I'm getting "auto" or "power" overload.

ttu
07-26-2012, 10:30 PM
hmm, very interesting! wonder how hard that would be to convert to my 07 x2 with teak. i have been debating on building a new platform for surfing because my factory one digs into the wake so bad.

TOO-TALL
07-26-2012, 10:55 PM
cool....

nauti-dreamer
07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Did you guys happen to notice the "prop guard" as well? I'm assuming that so the kiddies don't lose their toes!?!

swatguy
07-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I would think It's actually to keep the spray from the FAE shooting up into the boat. I have seen a couple hardcore surfboats with that.

Just a hunch

SkiDog
07-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Whats the purpose? If it won't go all the way vertivcal, what good is it?:confused:

mcmx2
07-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Whats the purpose? If it won't go all the way vertivcal, what good is it?:confused:

My guess is that it gets the platform up out of the water when surfing so that the wake is not disturbed by the platform riding in the water.

scott023
07-27-2012, 09:17 AM
My guess is that it gets the platform up out of the water when surfing so that the wake is not disturbed by the platform riding in the water.

That's exactly right.

swatguy
07-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Yup my platform drags n cuts into water like crazy when we surf. Also for me it would be great because when i am unweighted and we are swimming, skiing, or boarding my platform is 6 inches or more out of the water making it tough for kids to get in.

Keep in mind this is some guys own design he thought of.......not a mfg product. I bet with a little r & d you could get it to go straight up. He couldn't get it to go completely vertical because as it tips up it also comes back toward the transom so it will rub the fiberglass.

scott023
07-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Yup my platform drags n cuts into water like crazy when we surf. Also for me it would be great because when i am unweighted and we are swimming, skiing, or boarding my platform is 6 inches or more out of the water making it tough for kids to get in.

Mine brutally cuts into the surf wake too. But it does sit barely above the water when at rest. I just like the idea for surfing...

1redTA
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice!