PDA

View Full Version : Tandem axle trailer help?

Millertime
07-26-2012, 11:45 AM
I have an 08 factory tandem axle trailer for my X2. My concern is the jarring that happens on take off from a stopped position. And also on sudden stops. Last fall I hade the actuator replaced an now wondering if maybe this would happen from low brake fluid level. Which leads to my next question, I check the fluids but didn't see a full line, how full should it be?

scott023
07-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Do you have the fluid sights on the hubs?

pmkkdx
07-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Do you have the fluid sights on the hubs?

:confused: fluid sights on the hubs pertain to the oil bath bearings??? how would those correlate to brake fluid level?

scott023
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
:confused: fluid sights on the hubs pertain to the oil bath bearings??? how would those correlate to brake fluid level?

Oh my. Brain fart. My bad.

gts-20
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
I have an 08 factory tandem axle trailer for my X2. My concern is the jarring that happens on take off from a stopped position. And also on sudden stops. Last fall I hade the actuator replaced an now wondering if maybe this would happen from low brake fluid level. Which leads to my next question, I check the fluids but didn't see a full line, how full should it be?

Our '08 tandem axle MC trailer was doing the same thing. Our local dealer replaced something that looked like a shock absorber in the actuator. Prolem solved ever since. Sorry, I don't know the correct name for the part.

gts-20
07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Im not sure if this is the correct one or not, but it looked exactly like it.

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/UFP-Shock-Absorber-32306/

Millertime
07-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks fro the help, I'll look into the shock absorber.

Thrall
07-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks fro the help, I'll look into the shock absorber.

Even with the new shock in my experience you'll get a little "clunk" when taking off after braking. I typically pull ahead a foot or 2 easy before puttin the hammer down after stopping.
You should not get a clunk at all when stopping bad shock or not, if the brakes are working.
If it's clunking when stopping then the brakes aren't working properly and the master cyl is getting compressed all the way.