PDA

View Full Version : custom seating in your DD

docster
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
anyone ever do anything in a DD in regards to seating. Maybe something like the Malibu XTI or something along those lines. Basically, I want a DD because of the skiing, wife wants a V-drive, but the V-drives go for so much more. We want as much seating as possible, and as much storage as possible. So has anyone done anything custom to the seating arrangement in a DD to provide more seats and more storage under the seating instead of in the open?

Thanks

JohnE
07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Yup, I bought the X14.

2RLAKE
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
yup, i bought the X14 (too)!

docster
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
yea, like that...but question is, is that doable on say a prostar 205?

02ProstarSammyD
07-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Ive been looking into it. Currently have a jump seat in my 209 behind the driver and its great for adding another person but if I'm going to keep my boat I want something with a built in cooler. I've been entirely too lazy to cad it out and I'm not reupholstering until winter anyways. Let me know what you find but everything I've searched has come up with donuts. Keep in mind this is going to make maintinence a pita unless you make it removable somehow.

docster
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM
yea, i thought about the maintanance, i too figured just make it removable. and have a tower to stow boards and stuff so why not.

02ProstarSammyD
07-25-2012, 10:12 PM
If it were me and I'm considering this highly to get some seating to avoid a vdrive purchase this year I would build a simple square box behind the drivers seat to the rear, fiberglass it, and have your local shop do a seat cover. I would leave a gap in the seat only between the 2 the height of the seat cushion and have it hinged for storage. I really wish I surfed that side for bag storage :(

Problem is that is a ton of weight once you make it solid. Just thinking out loud