PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard and bindings

Double
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
So I'm a noob in wakeboarding, just trying to go wake to wake and I'm landing hard on the wake consistently. I'm behind a 2012 x30 with 60ft rope at 21 and just can't seem to get there. Current wakeboard is a 2009 hyperlite state with the hyperlite sprint bindings. Is it possible that part of my problem is bindings or is this just a user issue?

LYNRDSKYNRD
07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Remember "It's the Indian....not the bow"

If you are landing, not crashing, then it's gonna be something about your technique. Go to you tube and look at learnwake.com vidoes on Wake to Wake. Rope length and speed seem fine for learning w2w.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckkf840HZE4

Double
07-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I was afraid of that skynrd, I am landing them but they are hard on old knees. The only thing I'm having trouble doing that I see on the videos is to look past my landing area. I get fixated on my landing spot easily.

76S&S
07-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Edge all the way up the wake and stand tall at the top of the wake. A lot of newbs will absorb the wake with their knees and not get the necessary pop to go w2w.

And this is my 1,000th post!!

LYNRDSKYNRD
07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
If your almost there (casing the wake) take another 5ft off the rope and see if you can land it. If so I would work at 55' for a while until you start clearing it consistently then add length to the rope. Also try to get a friend who is more experienced riding with you as that can always help. If not look for some guys on your lake that are good riders and see if they would trade a few pulls to watch you and give first hand feedback. Most people would love a pull behind a 2012 X-30.

Congrats on 1,000 S&S and your spot on with your advice too!

mzimme
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Check out the last video here:

http://www.wakeboarder.com/tricks/learnwake.phtml

Double
07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
thanks everyone, that last video on approach and speed told me a lot also. I think I've taken all the approaches but wasn't aware of the results I should expect from each. I'm keeping my legs straight on the lip of the jumps and can't wait for the weekend to get another run at it.

i'll try and get someone to take pictures this weekend so I can get a better critique of my approach and launch.