PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboarding and surfing 205 hull prior to 96?

jameslyle
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, I know that they 96& up 205's have the old xstar hull, but was just curious about the earlier models. Is there a big difference in the wake? I am primarily a boarder, but would like to start surfing as well. Also curious if you can get a good surf wake out of a 205. Thanks for any input!

Ben
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a 94. I used to wakeboard some. I added a ballast bag in the ski locker and would put ~700 lbs back in the back (no seat). This was more than I would ever need. Sometimes used extended pylon too. Better yet. I only did W2W 180's, never real crazy stuff. Wanted to go for 360 but focused on skiing.

I was very happy with the wake. Nice shape and size. Definitely smaller than friends wakesetter, but for what we are doing, just fine. I do think most people have way more ballast than they need, everyone has an opinion. I probably did not need mine, although it really helped the speed control out a lot.

Never tried surfing it, although I'd like to. Issue is the fuel vent is below rubrail on left side.