PDA

View Full Version : Which one are You???

Shane21
07-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Imagine this scenario: Two - 10 year old children live next door to each other. Both are typical B/C students. An important test is coming up at school, both work extremely hard studying, working in groups, and asking their teacher questions to prepare for this test. Test day comes and the both ace it…100% A+. They get off the bus and go running in to tell their moms. “Look mom, look what I did!!!”

-First Mom’s response: “That’s awesome baby, great work. You worked hard and it paid off. You should be very proud of your efforts. I’m so proud of you sweetheart!!”. Keep up the great work!

-Second Mom’s response: “Well, that’s very good, but…keep in mind that you didn’t do that. It was the work of your teacher, your tutor, and your fellow students that helped you. Even though you worked very hard to ace this test, you can’t take full credit because those people had a lot to do with it as well”

Now, while all those statements are indeed true, which child do you want to be AND which mom do you want to be???? AND which is better to promote a healthy society???

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Obama musta had mom #2...

Kyle
07-24-2012, 11:49 AM
My mom would be like #1 mom. She is a teacher and is very good at Encouragement....

My father is worse than #2 mom. He on the other hand was in the education field only to have control of a bunch of 8 yr olds be cause he has control issues and has to be in control of everything. Now he has worked up to administration where he micro manages the principals and other staff so he can feel some kind of power like Napoleon.

News flash for parents like #2. Eventually your kids will turn their back and never speak to you again....... Just sayin

As far as society goes. I feel that if the kid is strong and can set aside the negativity then they can overcome and be better off than their parent who is always taking a stab at you. Karma is a Birch

Prime example: My parents are divorced and my father always criticized everything my 2 sisters and mother did and controled everything we did. Now he is remarried and his 13-14 step kid is a wild Indian who is into drugs and likes to visit the metal cage every now and then. His other step kid 17-18 is a little light in his shoes if you know what I mean and I do believe I saw him at Xmas last year wearing girls skinny jeans.

Karma is slowly going to wear him out...

JohnE
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
#1. I don't believe in negative reinforcement

Covi
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
#1 for me. And I second JohnE comment.

scott023
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
#1. I don't believe in negative reinforcement

#1 for me. I, like Covi, agree with John's statement.

Double D
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
#1 of course. Thats the way I grew up and that's the way I am now. My success is based on my hard work!

My first job was similar where I had to work next to the bosses son. He was rewarded because of my hard work. I would earn my promotions but if I got one, he got one. So therefore, he never had to work hard and improve himself.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

tideengineer
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
#1....mom was a teacher for 33 years.